Will i be able to play CIV 6 with the highest settings with these specs?

Anton0

Chieftain
Hey, i'm new on this forum! I'm planning to buy Civilization VI and download the AI+ mod for better AI, and i wonder if these specs would be enough for the highest settings at 60+ fps

Intel i5 6400 Skylake (2.7Ghz)
GTX 1060 3GB
8 GB ram

I have an older i5 Ivy Bridge overclocked to 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM and GTX 1060 6GB and I get an average of 59 FPS on max settings, with 1920x1200 resolution. However, maximum VRAM usage is slightly over 4000MB, so 3GB might slow you down. IMO you don't really need 60FPS in a game like this, though.

I have an older i5 Ivy Bridge overclocked to 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM and GTX 1060 6GB and I get an average of 59 FPS on max settings, with 1920x1200 resolution. However, maximum VRAM usage is slightly over 4000MB, so 3GB might slow you down. IMO you don't really need 60FPS in a game like this, though.
Well, a bit less wouldn't really matter for me, but i guess i could lower some options. Thanks for your reply!

Any more thoughts

Edit: I don't think 3gb and a 6gb card would matter in this game.

the size of the map impact video memory usage.

I have similar specs (i5-6500, 1060 6gb); it should do fine for the most part, but the late game is rather laggy. Here's some samples:

I did turn down shadows and reflections by one notch, but I am not sure if that even matters because it looks like it's working the CPU and the GPU is sorta doing whatever. So I don't think the 3gb vram will hurt if you're willing to turn down things a little more

Top Bottom