Wining with a small score isn't that great.

tagi

Chieftain
Ok so it's apparent you can exploit the REF and we've all read about how to win easily... BUT maybe the intention of this game is to not only win but have a HUGE score...

I remember in Col 1 it compared you to a snake etc based on your achievement... I miss that.
This should be reintroduced to encourage you to win with a big score. I think the exploits are less relevant then.

So anyway don't just for victory... try and get a huge score too, and firaxis introduce an incentive to do this other than the win by score thing.

Oh, small score is actually the harder way to exploit the whole thing.

Doing as you propose and aiming for a huge score works out even better. (It just takes more time which makes it harder to give an example to prove a simple point.
But thats what the game is about for many of us, isn't it? Despite some players reducing it to the REF-battle.)

So what you say allready holds true. Its no big / hard thing to play a full game with many nicely build-cities get a small ref and get a huge number of pop before and! after declaration. You just have to reduce the number of pop you have during declaration. The hit to the score is not all that bad as one might think.

Oh, and sad to hear that the achivements-table is not in anymore... :( Or is it changed to a table in comparison to certain historical leaders like in Civ 4 (which is a simmilar thing, isn't it?)

Oh, and sad to hear that the achivements-table is not in anymore... :( Or is it changed to a table in comparison to certain historical leaders like in Civ 4 (which is a simmilar thing, isn't it?)

Three victories (2 on the 3rd diff, 1 on the 4th) and all it shows is the power graph at time of victory; then the hall of fame with the score and whatnot. No comparisons, not even to people let alone animals.

The second game I won but the score graph showed one of the other AIs with 5 times my score; though I doubt they would have won independence given the AI as it is currently coded.

Another game the English managed to pull off 100% rebel sentiment with 9 or so colonies but the King knocked them out in something like 5 turns (after landing their entire force on my shores instead of moving just a little north to English shores; scared the bejesus out of me.

Anyway, for civ4 I really do enjoy the journey and the victory more than the score but this game feel way to easy (albeit at the neutral and just above diffs) if you are even remotely aggressive and amass treasure from the New World; though it doesn't directly translate into score.

Oh yeah, I loved that!

Top Bottom