• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Winning on higher difficulty level impossible?

tommynt

Emperor
my main Problem is way to slow influence of Bell production for revolution rate.
Maybe some1 can help me out with figures

well either a lower difficulty lvl makes a huge difference in bell Production or games wants me to play totaly different then what I did
Building up - getting huge - conquer everything - start bell and gun production.

I m currently playing on 2nd high difficulty and I just cant seem to make it into revolution - same time I proly cant win it as my Homeland now got olol 100 Battleships - once they take a island city i ll never ever be able to take it back to win.

Just dumb - no way to win - it s IMPOSIBLE - at least they way I play - getting kind of big then start bell and military stuff spam.

I got 3 statesman in my cap which got also newspaper improvement and I m stuck at 30% revolution rate since 5 turns in it - I got in EVERY city I got 3 statesman since now like 30 turns - and I cant rly get past 30% revolution rate.

I stoped importing people since ages - I gain about 3 people per turn due to food overflow and my about 50 statesmans arent able to get rate up - even with press in all bigger cities.

I doubt i ll make it ever into revolution and even if I do I cant win it as every guy I import to make soldier lowers my revolution rate.

I even bunkered 200 guns in every city to quickly transform all them statesmans into soldiers but they are just too slow in convincing people.

Guess on lower difficulty the 1 problem of too slow conving rate isnt that an issue but if the military problem stays it must be crazy aswell.

Only way I can see to win this is staying real small - and just bunker into cap with way smaller amount of troops then homeland - but if ai is clever enough to bomb city defense down there s no way.

Aother things as astronomus tax rate and the pure power of homeland might be uvercome - but what about this superslow convincion rate - as said my cap is stuck at 30% with 3 elder statesmans in

I think your problem is that you have to many people, you need to stop getting new ones at some point otherwise your soldier/colonist relation becomes too bad

It's not. The main problem on higher levels is not really the REF, but money. You'll be getting significantly less free money from ancient ruins, and that can really hurt in the early stage.
The REF does scale, just that that much.

I was having the same issue just yesterday. My cities were growing at such a rate (by themselves!) that the rebel sentiment was just stuck at 47% even though I waited for around 50 turns and had 3 statesmen(most of which were elder statesmen) in all my colonies..

So to fix the situation; when you are ready to declare independence start booting out your colonists from the most useless end, this will boost your overall rebel sentiment percentage over the 50% mark.

I think a more elegant solution would be so that whenever a city grows the new citizen would bring an amount of liberty bells with him according to what the rebel sentiment in the city is. Doesn't make any sense that people who were born in the city are assumed to be loyal to the king, just makes it impossible to raise the percentage (or else you just have to dump these growing loyalists in a mass grave somewhere... :mad: )

Top Bottom