[BTS] Wonderdates

Major Tom

Immortal
I have compiled some statistics from my deity and immortal games. This shows when the AI gets certain wonders and Lib, when I have not. It is standard settings. Fractal and random opponents (6+human). The games are usually played with the Better BUG AI-mod.

Deity.PNG

Last edited:
will tech trading speed these later dates up (i.e. lib), or were you playing normally ie trading when you felt like?

will tech trading speed these later dates up (i.e. lib), or were you playing normally ie trading when you felt like?
Was playing normally. Deity games was mostly the aesthetic tradebait route if that matters. Generally playing peaceful, going for lib. Guess a map filled with wars could slow things down.

Also, all games fractal map, so rather mixed trading opportunities. Guess a Pangaea map may speed things up. AI was random in all games. By the way, I got Montezuma often as neighbour. Anyone knows if random opponents are truly random?

I've bookmarked this, thank you for the document

edit: re: opponents my last three games have been next to Augustus Caesar and Zara. I guess there are only what, 32 leaders so you're odds on to have at least one repeat

Tech trading has the most significant impact on Lib. Normally, on Deity I'd expect it to go between 300 and 500 AD on Pangaea, Terra etc. Other wonder dates are much less affected and the Oracle depends mostly on the leaders. For example, guys like Mansa, Gandhi etc. with high religious and wonder flavor will often build it before 2000 BC.

I've seen Pyramids go on turn 60 (1600 BC) on Immortal!

Spoiler :

It was Bismarck in the NC Julius Caesar game. He's Ind, loves wonders and I think he started with Stone as well.

Top Bottom