World size reduced to small

buck beach

Prince
Playing a game on Steam. Between last evening and this morning my games world size reduced. Trying to figure it out and am thinking it has to do with a Microsoft Windows 10 update. I have loaded a couple of new Civ 4 games locally with large worlds (Giagantic, Giant and Hugh) and while these options are shown under settings in the Victory screen, when I view them in the World Builder, they are all the limited views.

Try to see if others are experiencing same type of issue or is it my personal PC issue. BTW, same issue when I try a Realism Invictus new game setup.

First of all, thank you very much for responding. Not sure what "viewports" is, may have enabled (???). How is this done?

Are you currently in a game that would have a large world setting? Really would like to see if it is my PC or monitor screwing up the game.

In AND2 you can toggle viewports ON/OFF in BUG menu, first tab. What it does is showing only a small part of the map so your PC is using less memory and less likely to suffer a MAF.

That is absolutely what happened, but I don't have any idea how? I have put the settings at wide and have turned off viewpoints and the game on steam is normal now. Thank you very much.

My local load is acting up right now freezing up when loading and can't check other versions of Civ IV on the PC to see if it is corrected but sure it is. Thanks again, Buck

Last edited:
Top Bottom