World War 2 Pacific - How to win as U S?

hi

Need help having difficulty to how to win as U S in World War 2 Pacific?
very long distince from mainland to islands in pacific
limited cities

Good Luck. The only way I have won that is play Hot Seat with all of the Allies, and I include the Netherlands in that. To do that, you have to unlock the scenario, add the Netherlands as a Human Player, and then relock the scenario so as to qualify for the Hall of Fame. Another problem is that the British in Burma have no strategic depth to retreat too, as they had in the Real World in India. I have used Steph's editor to add more area to the board, to allow for India, and more US Cities. I have also done more modifications, as the US has only about half the cities of Japan, which means fewer units can be built in a turn.

A most interesting and realistic-feeling scenario. Love the lethal air-to-sea bombardment, although it would be nice to have selective targeting of ships like subs do. Anyway aside from timerover's advice the key is using workers to build airfields on distant islands and, finally, on the Asian mainland or Japan. Then from airfields in the States units (excepting settlers and artillery IIRC) can be airlifted directly in one turn. Of course the initial invasion of any land must be made amphibiously, just like in RL. Battleships and cruisers can be most helpful with bombardment sea-to-land.

Top Bottom