Xp Pharming...Your method of choice

citizenalex

Chieftain
Discuss...aside from the luck of having a few bear dens I find it a rather daunting task around mid-game to bring new units up to lvl 8 and over. Must you absolutely start a war or build Luonnar V to bee-line the Xp?

Leave a big area blank and hope some barb cities start up? I had one game where this big peninsula kept generating barbarians until late in the game when one of the AIs invaded it. I think there were 4 or 5 cities on it. I didn't mean to let it go so far but I kept being busy elsewhere with a big naval fight. It almost got out of hand later though because the late barbarians units are pretty tough (beastmasters and such) and the guys I was rotating through at that time got trounced.

You can also develop your own dens if you can capture a pack of bears or pack of lions. I've never seen bear packs but did capture a lion pack one and stuck it on a bit of woods out in a desert. I've also generated 2 lion packs (hmmm, or are they called prides?) through combat but that is really hard. Never managed that with bears. Wolf packs don't seem to be able to create dens.

xp farming? (build 1-3 battle hero,) 4 war chariot, 4 mages(Air2+Combat5), 4 knights, 4 catapults, 4 high priests/g. medics, (4 Queen of the Line), (6 Man O'War) ... units in "()" are optional ... I have no problem with xping :)

If you're on the path of conquest, I'd recommend heavily investing in direct damage spells and the like. Let them damage everything in the opposing task, use your big guys to take out the strongest guys left, then have your low levels mop up. If you aren't going the magical/divine route, large numbers of catapults will also work for the damaging, but they are slower and have to heal in between uses for maximum effect.

Right now my favorite xp farming method is to use the new Doviello melee unit spell I just added; Challenge lets a melee unit challenge a stronger or more experienced melee unit to mortal combat, in which one or both could die but any survivors gain xp. I should probably tweak the code so that the units' strengths effect the odds of victory, but for now I'm just having fun with this thematically appropriate ability.

Right now my favorite xp farming method is to use the new Doviello melee unit spell I just added; Challenge lets a melee unit challenge a stronger or more experienced melee unit to mortal combat, in which one or both could die but any survivors gain xp. I should probably tweak the code so that the units' strengths effect the odds of victory, but for now I'm just having fun with this thematically appropriate ability.

I hate you! (until you post your mod-mod) :D

Another option, should you have the excess available production, is to mass-produce lunatics and disband them when they become Enraged. Less reliable is to use Mutation. Should you obtain a Crazed or Enraged animal, consider that an infinite-XP farm for your Recon units.

Chaos Marauders cannot be summoned in recent versions of FfH, not since the sorcery and summoner lines were merged. Well, I always add the spell back, but it isn't normally available.

Top Bottom