Xtended with CIV4 Steam and GOG?

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
I have just noticed that there is a Steam Sale on CIV4 Complete Edition and that GOG has CIV4 Complete Edition as well!

Anyone here has Steam/GOG version? Can you play Xtended with them?

Happy holiday, all!

Yeah, you have to do a bit of digging for the right install path but my steam version works fine with xtended (windows 10).

Would you be so kind to tell that install path or least give a hint to what I should be looking for?

Edit: OK, I found I could install it in Documents - My games - Beyond the sword - MODS - Matser of Mana, and the select Load a mod from the in-game menu. But I got all kind of XML errors (also before copying extended). Anyone?
---------------------------
XML Error
Tag: SPELLRESEARCH_HOPE in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/Civ4ManaschoolInfos.xml
OK
Edit 2: I found a remark in other thread:
For any STEAM users out there with the same problem here is where you install the mod:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I will try that.

Last edited:
For any STEAM users out there with the same problem here is where you install the mod:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I will try that.
Hi! Sorry that I can't help you with this. I use the CD version of CIV4. Hopefully, you can work this issue?

Anything ending with \steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods is valid I do have it on D:\Games using 5 mods without any problems

BTW,
Would you be so kind to tell that install path or least give a hint to what I should be looking for?

Edit: OK, I found I could install it in Documents - My games - Beyond the sword - MODS - Matser of Mana, and the select Load a mod from the in-game menu. But I got all kind of XML errors (also before copying extended). Anyone?
XML Error
Tag: SPELLRESEARCH_HOPE in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/Civ4ManaschoolInfos.xml
OK

I will try that.
@fjordan So I found something out about this issue.

It seems that the mod installer might not always notice that Fall From Heaven exists in the non-disc versions due to the different pathing and so fails to actually copy it over. This means a lot of files that need to be there aren't.

So something you can try is first making a folder by the name of Master of Mana,, then copy FFH2's contents into the folder. Then go through the install process.

I was having the same issues with a few hundred XML errors with this mod as well as Magister's mod. It was only when I realized I forgot to copy FFH2 files over into that folder that I realized this might be the problem. It turned out that yes, the problem was it didn't copy over the files.

Top Bottom