Zulu Landschneckt-lancers

GhostSalsa

Emperor
Sorry if this has been posted (probably but I didn't find it).

Using the new Commerce policy with the Zulus you can buy those cheap Landschneckts to create Ikanda-promoted lancers!

It's a cool bonus since it's essentially a free Sipahi (extra movement from Ikanda and quick pillage from Landschneckts) with extra cover and flanking etc, very very juicy.

Ah yes, you can do that now as the Zulu! At first I was kind of disappointed when I found out the Impi became Riflemen since I wanted super fast ultra pikemen, but now that they can get Landsknechts and those are made awesomer anyway, that's a pretty cool option. Plus Commerce is typically very appealing to warmongerers anyway soooo

I had an impi get the ruin free upgrade and it made him into a lancer instead of a rifle it was weird but worked out kind of nice because I already had a lot of infantry. I tried rushing computers to get a chopper with buffalo promotions but the game ended early. I mostly used that lancer for barb hunting, worked pretty well.

Going commerce with Poland sounds like a pretty good idea. Do the LKs go obsolete with metallurgy? Seems like you'd really have to rush that policy to get good use out of it if they do.

It's a L A N D S K N E C H T !

Always hurts my eyes ...

A "Schneck(e)" is something really different (a snail).

scnr :mischief:

Do the LKs go obsolete with metallurgy? Seems like you'd really have to rush that policy to get good use out of it if they do.

They never obsoleted in my game. I don't know about using them with Poland, they cost a lot to upgrade. If you're running Commerce + Big Ben + Autocracy it's cheaper to buy a Lancer outright then LK and upgrade (even with the Honor upgrade discount, and it's less likely you'll be using Honor with Poland). The fast pillage alone probably isn't worth extra money.

It's a L A N D S K N E C H T !

Always hurts my eyes ...

A "Schneck(e)" is something really different (a snail).
Hmm... I wonder if the devs misspelled the unit? After all, giant African land snails are devastating part of south Florida. They puncture car tires, destroy produce, spread a fatal parasitic infection and literally eat homes. They pose a similar threat in east Africa.

Miami Invaded By Giant, House-Eating Snails
http://www.npr.org/2011/09/17/140540662/miami-invaded-by-giant-house-eating-snails

Since landschnecke (or however the unit is spelled) are good at pillaging, this would make sense.

Top Bottom