Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hold down the shift key while loading Civ IV. Or delete the cache folder from the "Documents and Settings/<user name>/Local Settings/Application Data/Beyond the Sword" folder which is on my C: drive and replace <user name> with your computer name

yeah, doesn't work. too bad, was really enjoying the one time I got it to work, just everything went too fast so was looking forward to trying in on a slower speed.

Forests show up fine, but all the ground/coast is black. If I toggle on yields, the icons show up grey.

Not having much luck with my download so far! I went out and came home to find my PC had crashed and had to start the download again. It seemed fine when I left and only had 45 minutes left. The 2nd time is much slower and is currently going to finish in 8 hours! Pity. I really don't want to register and pay AtomicGamer just to download one file. I guess their servers are just busy. I'm sure this mod will be worth the wait though!:)

Woke up this morning...happy new year!!....and my download had finished. Installed it and played a bit and all looks perfect! The work that's gone into this mod is just stunning....2GB!!

Well done and thank you!:)

I've been reading through some of the forums and it seems that a lot of people have video memory problems with Civ 4 the same as people are having with the new Civ 5.

I'm playing on snail pace and using the settings that Hydromancerx & Wimpy the Warrior recommended, but in some other posts people have referred to civ rev on or off and how that can impact performance.

What do they mean by rev?

Having a problem trying to extract the files after downloading. Trying to extract to the Programs (x86) folder where BTS/Mods is (using windows 7) and am getting the following error very soon after starting the extraction:

Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Religions\Jainism\JainShrine_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.7z Unable to create file

File is shown as being zipped within the zip file. Not sure how that is handled via unzipping.

Woke up this morning...happy new year!!....and my download had finished. Installed it and played a bit and all looks perfect! The work that's gone into this mod is just stunning....2GB!!

Well done and thank you!:)

I've been reading through some of the forums and it seems that a lot of people have video memory problems with Civ 4 the same as people are having with the new Civ 5.

I'm playing on snail pace and using the settings that Hydromancerx & Wimpy the Warrior recommended, but in some other posts people have referred to civ rev on or off and how that can impact performance.

What do they mean by rev?

Its actually Revolution mod, but the one AND uses, i believe is RevDCM mod.

Having a problem trying to extract the files after downloading. Trying to extract to the Programs (x86) folder where BTS/Mods is (using windows 7) and am getting the following error very soon after starting the extraction:

Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Religions\Jainism\JainShrine_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.7z Unable to create file

File is shown as being zipped within the zip file. Not sure how that is handled via unzipping.

Dont worry about that file(s), i have four TEST religions in the game right now and thats just one of them.;)

@ CiverDan

Hey I remember you from the HAND thread. Thanks for your past fed back back then. All that was in HAND is included in C2C. Just thought you should know.

I'm playing on snail pace and using the settings that Hydromancerx & Wimpy the Warrior recommended,

Awesome! Let me know how things go. All feedback is helpful since I can only test so much myself.

Awesome! Let me know how things go. All feedback is helpful since I can only test so much myself.

Well I just entered the ancient era after about 700 turns in the prehistoric era and it was great! I love the whole subdue animal thing and sending them back off to your city where they can do things.

One thing, a lot of the options for the animals required "carnival" and I can't find the tech where you can build that. Where is it?

Really enjoying the mod so far and snail pace is a good game speed. I've been hovering between 1st and 2nd place throughout the game and I'm playing on noble....I think I need to up the difficulty.

I do have a general question about the mod. I was reading the features for ROM AND and it mentioned xUPT where you could specify the maximum number of units per tile you wanted. Is that also included in this mod?

Don't think you understood entirely, I am unable to continue with the extraction following the error message and can't seem to remove the file from the archive (it tells me I cannot delete this file type) or bypass it some other way.

Clicked off "unzip entire file" and got farther but got this message: Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Text\007_CIV4GameText.xml Unable to create file

Again am unable to continue the process after this point. Maybe there is some issue with Window 7? The mod extracted fine under my old XP machine.

Hi CiverDan,

I use Windows 7 and the downloaded file extracted without any problems. Is it possible your download got corrupted?....oh forget that...you said it extracted fine before on XP! Sorry can't help.

Regarding my xUPT question...it's OK now, I found it in the BUG options (ctl+alt+O) Does anyone use that? I'm gonna try the 1UPT like Civ 5 and see how it works with Civ 4! I'm not that keen on the stacks of doom!

Don't think you understood entirely, I am unable to continue with the extraction following the error message and can't seem to remove the file from the archive (it tells me I cannot delete this file type) or bypass it some other way.

Clicked off "unzip entire file" and got farther but got this message: Extracting Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Text\007_CIV4GameText.xml Unable to create file

Again am unable to continue the process after this point. Maybe there is some issue with Window 7? The mod extracted fine under my old XP machine.

I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and it took a few attempts to get a clean download. You can test the rar file using WinRAR and if you get errors you have to attempt the download again. If the WinRAR test is successful and the extract fails then we can focus on the Windows aspects of your difficulties.

At one point I ended up de-compressing on a Vista 32bit machine, then zipping the folder from that Mod directory and using a USB drive to deploy the mod to my game machine. My grunty gaming machine seemed to experience more download errors. Weird.

Hi CiverDan,

Regarding my xUPT question...it's OK now, I found it in the BUG options (ctl+alt+O) Does anyone use that? I'm gonna try the 1UPT like Civ 5 and see how it works with Civ 4! I'm not that keen on the stacks of doom!

I set xUPT at 10, for no particular reason. The AI in this mod is slow to expand, and will build large stacks of slingers in the prehistoric era, as you have no doubt discovered.

Chariotry is the Tech that unlocks the Carnival. Try to have a Carnival animal in the same city as your Hunting Lodge, and you can get Recon units (Hunters) with lots of XPs to start with. I also put a Carnival in my Artist GP farm city to start building Artist GP points. For the Artist GP farm I don't bother with any of the cages, but I do build the cages for the Hunting Lodge city, to get as many Recon XPs as possible.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod and the hunting.

Well I just entered the ancient era after about 700 turns in the prehistoric era and it was great! I love the whole subdue animal thing and sending them back off to your city where they can do things.

One thing, a lot of the options for the animals required "carnival" and I can't find the tech where you can build that. Where is it?

Really enjoying the mod so far and snail pace is a good game speed. I've been hovering between 1st and 2nd place throughout the game and I'm playing on noble....I think I need to up the difficulty.

I do have a general question about the mod. I was reading the features for ROM AND and it mentioned xUPT where you could specify the maximum number of units per tile you wanted. Is that also included in this mod?

1. Well the subdue animals are Dancing Hoskuld's baby, so thank him. Glad you like it. I like it too.

2. I don't recall which tech is for the "carnival" but if you look in civlopedia I am sure you can find your answer.

3. Yeah. If you need to find your difficulty I suggest you select option at the beginning of the game that will either increase or decrease the difficulty of the game as you play. If you are falling behind it will get easier. If you are on the top then it will get harder.

4. Yes you can in the BUG menu (CTRL+ALT+O) found in the upper left. Then select the "A New Dawn" tab. It has some awesome choices like "Terrain Damage" which I always use since I feel it make the game more realistic to have the deserts and tundra do damage to my units. It also makes them natural barriers. Flood Plains turn out to be the only way to get across a huge desert without dying (or a desert promotion).

Was able to transfer the file from my XP file that I had downloaded and it runs now. Only problem is I'm getting a list of a bunch of BUG INI errors referencing the user settings subfolder that take up half of my screen and wont go away. Saw the same thing with an earlier version of NWA that I loading on this machine as well. Might be an issue with BUG, though I d/l the new BG version and tested it with the base game and did not have a issue, so unsure of the source of the glitch.

EDIT: just read the previous page. Will try to disable any access control on them somehow.

Got it working now. turned down the access comtrol on the UAC settings and it seemed to do the trick.

i had the same errors with you when i was playing the new dawn but now with the C2C mod i don't have any errors...

What is weird with all the mods i play is that the units icons change when i click on them.
For example on C2C the elephant animals on the prehistoric age are like the warrior elephants but when they attack they seem like elephants. The same is with worker and the other units...

EDIT: just read the previous page. Will try to disable any access control on them somehow.

Got it working now. turned down the access control on the UAC settings and it seemed to do the trick.

Yes, infact i have mine set to OFF completely. Also make sure you are running as Administrator.

i had the same errors with you when i was playing the new dawn but now with the C2C mod i don't have any errors...

What is weird with all the mods i play is that the units icons change when i click on them.
For example on C2C the elephant animals on the prehistoric age are like the warrior elephants but when they attack they seem like elephants. The same is with worker and the other units...

Are you playing with low graphics on by any chance?

I also occasionaly have this error. I am able to work around it by selecting the original Civ-4 options (Ctrl-O), Graphics tab, and enabling Single Unit Graphics. I vaguely recall I get this error more often if I have Low Graphic Level options selected, but I have not tested to conclusively identify the root cause.

See if any tweaking in the Graphics options makes it go away.

Yes. Actually i have a good graphic card but it plays on low graphics... Should i change this?

Its really up to the player to what they want to play, but if you want the original unit to match the unit then i suggestion to play on High. (This is just MY opinion.:p

btw, thx for trying this great mod!!

Spoiler :

I like the pic of the caveman but dont understand the rest of the pic, sorry.

I saw one of, dont know who made it, where some of the words were in like a Wooden plank, or something like that for AND.

Top Bottom