Caveman 2 Cosmos

You know that you need to play with NO logging on ok, if you play WITH logging on you will get errors sometimes, because its a HUGE mod, doesnt really mean anything is wrong its just hard on the memory.

In your My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV (Config Setting)

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 0

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 0

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0

Thx, I believe that is it, a while back someone had asked me to log errors as I playtested a mod and I forgot all about it, lol, thx, I am playing extreme mod right now but my son started this mod, I really have several in a backlog to play, but this does look really great and I will get to it in time:goodjob:

I tried to turn off those logs on mine, to no avail. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I verified I didn't miss anythign you listed. anything else I need to disable, perhaps?

Dang i forgot about this one, thx for asking:

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

should be:

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

Also, a newer BuildingInfo file: (Changes Palace commerce)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10056028&postcount=583

Actually if I read the error it might help. It says it can't write the BugOptions ot their ini files. Not sure how to turn that off. Any ideas?

This means that you don't have the correct access to the folder! If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you need to do something to allow you to write the BUG ini files.

Thhat's weird, it happens on two out of three computers and the accounts are admin accounts? Wonder if user access control is enabled on them and that is causing the problem. Thanks I will look more into this.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the MOD. I didn't have any problem downloading it, to my understanding, but what is weird is that it takes a little long to start up. When it does, it takes an unusually long time on: init XML (uncached). But it does finish. But when the welcoming screen comes on, where is says "Caveman to Cosmos" on a banner, it just stays like that with no menu. It seems as if the menu isn't there, but it is there because I started clicking everywhere and it gives me the icons for loading (man running?) and resizing. The MOD sounds awesome, and I really want to play it already So I'd appreciate any help.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the MOD. I didn't have any problem downloading it, to my understanding, but what is weird is that it takes a little long to start up. When it does, it takes an unusually long time on: init XML (uncached). But it does finish. But when the welcoming screen comes on, where is says "Caveman to Cosmos" on a banner, it just stays like that with no menu. It seems as if the menu isn't there, but it is there because I started clicking everywhere and it gives me the icons for loading (man running?) and resizing. The MOD sounds awesome, and I really want to play it already So I'd appreciate any help.

Welcome to the CivFanatics Forums!

This mod takes a long time to start; I play a game (or 3) of Freecell while I wait. Eventually the mod will finish loading and pop over my Freecell. Then I know I can start.

Have a look above at msg #1004 (Msg ID at the right top side of each post) where I describe my machine, startup times, and also turn times. Compare your machine, especially your WinExp rating and your main and video memory, and adjust from there.

And this mod is definitely worth the startup wait.

Hello all,

I've decided to revisit Civ 4 after a long break and found this mod, which sounds amazing! I'm currently downloading it now.

Can anyone recommend basic settings or configurations because I haven't played in a while and the bug options can be a bit overwhelming! Any "must-have" settings?

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!!:)

Hello all,

I've decided to revisit Civ 4 after a long break and found this mod, which sounds amazing! I'm currently downloading it now.

Can anyone recommend basic settings or configurations because I haven't played in a while and the bug options can be a bit overwhelming! Any "must-have" settings?

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!!:)

You are correct this is an amazing mod. In regards to recommendations, what aspects of Civ-4 do you enjoy? Tell me how you play and I'll do my best to advise.

I can think of two quick examples:

If you like like early combat make sure "Start as minor civ" is enabled. You cannot have a peace treaty until you and the opponent both research writing. But if early combat bugs you then make sure this is off.

If you like cultural spread you will probably not like "Realistic Culture Spread", because it is m_u_c_h slower. It can be frustrating when you want that stone to come into your empire, your city expands, and misses the stone! But this means that early culture buildings are more valuable, so if you like to build, Build, BUILD!!! then maybe this option will please you.

Custom Games are a must when you play this mod. The settings I use are as follows ...

Map: Perfect World 2 (I like how it forms realistic biomes)
Size: Standard (My computer cannot take anything bigger or I get memory allocation errors).
Era: Prehistoric (You need to get the full effect from the beginning)
Speed: Snail (Anything faster is just too fast for this mod. I would do Eternity but its too slow for me).
New World Rules: Start in Old World (This makes it so I can found colonies later)
Pangaea Rules: (Either Choice is fine. I have yet to see an advantage to either other than more land wars on Pangaea)
Wrap Options: Cylinder (I just like this setting)
Team Rules: (I don't play on teams so it doesn't matter)

Options (Only listing the ones I check off)
- City Flipping After Conquest (I like how you can get back cities with culture)
- Start As Minor Civ (This is a MUST!! I love this option.)
- Multiple Production (Can help out not to waste hammers on overflow)
- Multiple Research (Not sure how this helps but I use it anyways)
- Usable Mountains (This is such an awesome mod. Not sure why its not just required.)
- Fixed Cultural Borders (Whatever. It sounds cool so I use it.)
- Surround and Destroy (I have not used it much but it sounds cool).
- Advanced Diplomacy (It makes AI interactions so much more interesting)
- Barbarian Generals (Makes them more fun to battle)
- Assimilation (This is such a cool feature. t makes my empires really feel like I have conquered other cultures. Plus getting their Unique units is spiffy as well.)
- Great Commanders (Makes battles more fun)
- Culturally Linked Starts (I am not sure if this always works out. But it sounds good in theory)
- Personalized Maps (Helps me keep track of locations on the map. Also it gives it a more personal touch).
- Advanced Economy (Not sure how it works, but it sounds cool).
- Realistic Culture Spread (I find this makes the game a bit more challenging. Which I like.)
- Larger Cities (A must have if you are going all the way to the Trans-Human Era)
- Religious Decay (A must have since there are TONS of types of religions.)
- Barbarians Always Raze (I have been trying this out. Not sure what I think of it.)
- United Nations (A must have if you pick Mastery Victory)
- Advanced Espionage (Come on its spies! Why would you not want this?)
- Guilds (Makes the most out of the Medieval Era.)
- Modern Corporations (Makes the most out of the Modern Era)
- Advanced Nukes (Shout out to Civ Fuehrer and his awesome mod!)

Victories (Only listing the ones I check off)
- Mastery (This is all you need sicne its all of them combined into one.)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I like early combat and I like building and I like slow games and staying in each era for a good amount of time, so I'll be checking both those options.

@Hydromancerx....thanks for taking the time to list the options you like and why you like them....it's a great help!

Not having much luck with my download so far! I went out and came home to find my PC had crashed and had to start the download again. It seemed fine when I left and only had 45 minutes left. The 2nd time is much slower and is currently going to finish in 8 hours! Pity. I really don't want to register and pay AtomicGamer just to download one file. I guess their servers are just busy. I'm sure this mod will be worth the wait though!:)

Weird, I used restore defaults under the graphics menu, and started a game and it was fine. Went back to start a new game (with slower techs) and got the dark map again, now even when I load the save that was working it gives me the dark map.

Any ideas?

Weird, I used restore defaults under the graphics menu, and started a game and it was fine. Went back to start a new game (with slower techs) and got the dark map again, now even when I load the save that was working it gives me the dark map.

Any ideas?

Try shutting off your machine for 10 seconds and then re-start, try loading the mod, while it is loading, press and hold down the SHIFT key, till you get the C2C logo, see if that works:confused:

Any ideas?

Optionally clear the cache file, I have found this works with a number of graphic glitches.

Top Bottom