March Patch Notes (formerly february)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think expecting the game to be enjoyable in a year's time is expecting very little. And that is exactly what I'm expecting from the developers: very little.

Then please don't be offended when those of us who know better pay no mind to your expectations. :goodjob:

Has anyone noticed problems with the "Trade Post" tile improvements post patch?

I know they were reduced from 2 gold to 1 gold but when you hit economics, it's supposed to return to 2 gold. Well, that's not the case in my current saved game.

I had already learned economics some time ago and now that it's patched, the Trade Posts were reduced to 1 gold... and they remain at 1 gold. It seems that it is ignoring the fact that I already know economics... I was just curious if anyone else has this issue as well.

I know they were reduced from 2 gold to 1 gold but when you hit economics, it's supposed to return to 2 gold. Well, that's not the case in my current saved game.

I had already learned economics some time ago and now that it's patched, the Trade Posts were reduced to 1 gold... and they remain at 1 gold. It seems that it is ignoring the fact that I already know economics... I was just curious if anyone else has this issue as well.

Haven't noticed it myself... Is it a saved game from pre-patch? Is it all trading posts, or just ones in conquered territories or that you didn't build? I'll keep an eye out for this in my current game when I hit economics...

That's an issue with old saves sadly. Since you already have the tech it's not loading that change onto you; could likely use firetuner to remove and readd the tech, but I'm not aware of other solutions.

Haven't noticed it myself... Is it a saved game from pre-patch? Is it all trading posts, or just ones in conquered territories or that you didn't build? I'll keep an eye out for this in my current game when I hit economics...

Yes, it's a saved game from a pre-patch... but it sounds like a pre-patch saved game bug from what Valkrionn said ... that really throws a wrench into my economy then!!

Yeah, I intentionally stopped playing for a few days prior to the patch release precisely to avoid this type of issue. Kind of lame, but, somewhat unavoidable.

I wonder, is it possible to get Steam to not download the patch until one is done one's game? It just auto updates for me. Hrm... *starts examining Steam interface*

You can turn off auto-updates. Right click Civ V in the steam library tab, and go to properties.

In the updates tab, set automatic updates off

Lately, Steam has been having a Tantrum with their UI gimmicks. Tiny fine-tunings every second days.
I don't want their 11Kbs or less plugging in realtime interruption for this little resistance is futile junk pit-stop on my busy desktop while i'm even in their ONline monitoring spyware device.
Silly enough, we don't have that choice.
Off_On_Off_On - ya know.

No wonder my full-screen game sessions are lagging at times. And, it's not the solid FireWall or multi-task dosbox'es in X-Com rides or some OpenOffice spreadsheets that's causing it.

So, randomized auto_updates is what you get. We lost control of our PCs, blame Cloud Computing for more than just invasion of Privacy.

Sorry, what I meant by scale of the map was indeed related to the new tactical 1upt and how it changed the scale of combat relative to the game map.

Also, I think the hammer/gold changes were *quite* the significant changes and this last patch addressed a lot of very major concerns over the viability/effectiveness of being a builder. The balance implications are really quite major based on looking at peoples' initial comments.

I'm not arguing that the balance changes are quite good (though the SP ones I'm not so sure of). I am in fact happy about those changes in particular. The changes don't address the larger issues that plague the game, for me, such as the game scale, interaction of population and research (notice that's a preference and I didn't mention it earlier), and multiplayer functionality to name a few.

Also I hear mixed reviews on the diplomacy changes. I'm hoping they work it out.

edit:
Oh, well... if i read this right - you're saying (in a different way) that the devs are a bunch of incompetent people. Derogatory, at best.

So because I am criticizing developers (public figures in the gaming industry) based on previous performance you have the right to insult me on these forums?

So because I am criticizing developers (public figures in the gaming industry) based on previous performance you have the right to insult me on these forums?

I wasn't insulting you.
Leave it at that... don't press your luck - i might get somehow upset if you insist.
There was a limit which you've crossed twice and over.

Public Forums are for all -- you kept ranting, i had enough.
You kept saying to having stopped playing, i gave you reasons not to.
If that's inappropriate or too harsh, i'm sorry.

All that chit-chat background noise is (after awhile) *ANNOYING*.

This is a site dedicated to a Game we LIKE.

My Liberty stops where yours begin and vice-versa.

And to make it clear... i simply hate negativity.

I wasn't insulting you.
Leave it at that... don't press your luck - i might get somehow upset if you insist.

There is quite a lot of win in this post

I wasn't insulting you.

Since you don't receive PMs I will address you here:

If my words upset you that is your fault, not mine, because I said nothing offensive about you. You on the other hand have called me a whiner, a ranter, and annoying.

ps, I enjoy the Civilization series, but not civ5. I believe I am allowed to post my opinions where I want within the rules of the forum, which I have not crossed other than the off-topicness of the current few posts (of which we are both guilty). Again, if you could receive PMs I would have addressed your post there instead.

I wasn't insulting you.

You don't seem to be very clear on a certain concept here.

Certainly this is a forum about a game series that we like.

However, it is not a "remove your brain and ignore the many issues that plague this current iteration of a once proud game series" forum.

Trust me on this one. Stamping out all dissenting voices would be disastrous for these forums as well as for the game. Following the party line and being a bunch of yes men/women isn't going to help matters any.

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

You don't seem to be very clear on a certain concept here.

Certainly this is a forum about a game series that we like.

However, it is not a "remove your brain and ignore the many issues that plague this current iteration of a once proud game series" forum.

Trust me on this one. Stamping out all dissenting voices would be disastrous for these forums as well as for the game. Following the party line and being a bunch of yes men/women isn't going to help matters any.

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

Yes, but complaining should be allowed as much as having a topic about something ingame without having ranters but in with cynical posts and innuendos in every other topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom