NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

OOC: 5 1/2 hours and nothing? Usually at least someone will post right after the update. I suppose the stars might have lined up so that everyone has RL at the same time, but does not seem especially likely.

If someone ordered or performed a hit on Seon, I'd like to know who and why. Privately if necessary.

Pretty sure that those axe kills have been saboteurs the whole time. It has probably been pretty quiet because we don't have any good leads right now. Some of the people we just don't know much about. For example I personally don't know what Paulus or Duke Blackstone do, or what you do DaveShack. It might have been mentioned at some point for any of them but I don't remember.

Until we learn more I think that Takhisis and Classical_hero are the most likely to be saboteurs.

Good point. It's also a little hard with there being several people who seem to be hiding -- we can't tell if they're saboteurs avoiding notice that way, or just hopelessly out of the loop.

Man it has been quiet…

I think Takhisis is a potential candidate. I also have some concerns with classical_hero, but who I have not yet gotten a good feel for is PaulusIII. Maybe he can let us know, either publicly or privately what he does at night.

Another thought on the axe murderer. He could be a serial killer and not a saboteur. So we likely have 3 people we need to find. 2 saboteurs and 1 SK.

On the items, I would like the drugs. Frozen in Ice can have the key to the sick bay.

OOC: 5 1/2 hours and nothing? Usually at least someone will post right after the update. I suppose the stars might have lined up so that everyone has RL at the same time, but does not seem especially likely.

If someone ordered or performed a hit on Seon, I'd like to know who and why. Privately if necessary.
Even though it might sound unbelievable, I do have a life, and worse, I live with my parents. This is the first week of classes as well…
Until we learn more I think that Takhisis and Classical_hero are the most likely to be saboteurs.
How, exactly? You keep going at it once and again. Why?

I believe PaulusIII is supposed to be the good/neutral/evil scanner. I don't know what duke does except not respond to my private communications.

@takhisis: It is a little suspicious you claim bot to do anything at night except pilot training which you haven't demonstrated to my knowledge.

Another thing we know is that the saboteurs may perform multiple personal abilities each evening. Having done repairs or another activity is no longer a viable alibi.

How, exactly? You keep going at it once and again. Why?

You voted for the short path, which a saboteur would want. You claim that you haven't taken any night actions, which means that you don't have any actions that we can confirm. That really begs the question if you really have been doing nothing or have you been sabotaging the ship each night. Maybe you rejected teaching anyone how to fly the helicopter becuase you don't even have that ability, or maybe you just wanted to leave all of your nights open for sabotage, not that that'd be much of a factor with the blueprints. The third thing was just my gut feeling on you, not much that can be done about that. Finally, I liked the way you squirmed yesterday, I thought I received a nice flinch out of you that is more likely to be present in a non-innocent.

Another thing we know is that the saboteurs may perform multiple personal abilities each evening. Having done repairs or another activity is no longer a viable alibi.

Going off of this, they are no longer enough evidence by themselves to prove innocence, but they do help one's case as it is believed that the multiple personal abilities is a pretty rare thing. So I would still mention them if you are doing something at night, just don't expect us to auto-trust you.

@takhisis: It is a little suspicious you claim bot to do anything at night except pilot training which you haven't demonstrated to my knowledge.
You voted for the short path, which a saboteur would want. You claim that you haven't taken any night actions, which means that you don't have any actions that we can confirm. That really begs the question if you really have been doing nothing or have you been sabotaging the ship each night. Maybe you rejected teaching anyone how to fly the helicopter becuase you don't even have that ability, or maybe you just wanted to leave all of your nights open for sabotage, not that that'd be much of a factor with the blueprints. The third thing was just my gut feeling on you, not much that can be done about that. Finally, I liked the way you squirmed yesterday, I thought I received a nice flinch out of you that is more likely to be present in a non-innocent.
Seriously, about the Night Actions, is it my fault that the only personal ability I have can't be used unless the other person agrees to? I am a seaman, I have no rank ability, I asked for the wrench last night after Izipo first offered it to me.
Going off of this, they are no longer enough evidence by themselves to prove innocence, but they do help one's case as it is believed that the multiple personal abilities is a pretty rare thing. So I would still mention them if you are doing something at night, just don't expect us to auto-trust you.
So, people having Night Activities to explain is no longer acceptable as proof of townness but you lot still demand that I perform a Night Action. How? As-I-said-before, I can't teach anyone unless they agree to spend the night with me.

Seriously, about the Night Actions, is it my fault that the only personal ability I have can't be used unless the other person agrees to? I am a seaman, I have no rank ability, I asked for the wrench last night after Izipo first offered it to me.

From your own words in the thread earlier you have turned down training people because you didn't think they gave enough of a reason to be trained. So others have been agreeing to it, but you haven't. Civplayah for instance claims that his ability requires to be trained to fly the helicopter but that you refused to train him. Now I can't blame you for refusing to train Civplayah, but plenty of people have been asking to be trained.

So, people having Night Activities to explain is no longer acceptable as proof of townness but you lot still demand that I perform a Night Action. How? As-I-said-before, I can't teach anyone unless they agree to spend the night with me.

They are still a strong indicator of innocence but they aren't infalliable proof anymore.

Pretty sure that those axe kills have been saboteurs the whole time. It has probably been pretty quiet because we don't have any good leads right now. Some of the people we just don't know much about. For example I personally don't know what Paulus or Duke Blackstone do, or what you do DaveShack. It might have been mentioned at some point for any of them but I don't remember.

Well it is obvious that i am not the axe murderer, since when I did kill, it was with my sword that I had with my rank, but now I don't have any rank. So if you guys think I am guilty, then so is Duke Blackstone, since we are brothers in this game. I know exactly what he can do and vice versa.

I am going to go with my gut and say that DaveShack should be sent to the brig.

End Morning Phase Thirteen, Start Midday Phase Thirteen

Journal Entry Number Thirty-Eight. 13:00 shipboard time.

While things were mostly quiet, there was some constructive discussion that took place during the first half of the day. One it was revealed saboteurs could possibly be in multiple places at once, it suddenly made everyone’s alibis open for scrutiny. While the voting had yet to take on a fast and furious quality, you could sense things would boil over at any minute.

Speaking of fast and furious, the ship had been traveling along at a nice pace. The engine’s hummed their cadence throughout the ship, and the repairs made to get them running again seem to be holding out. Everything was fine until another water geyser rocked the port stern of the Impending Retribution, thus silencing the familiar hum. The crew went to investigate and discovered that while the engines were offline, they were indeed repairable still. Fortunately, the mine missed damaging the vital rudder and screws, things that in the present circumstances could not be repaired. Until repairs could be made, the ship was dead in the water.

~~~​

Vote Tally:

Execution:

DaveShack: 1
PaulusIII: 1
Takhisis: 1

Key to the Sick Bay:

Frozen In Ice: 1

Experimental Drug:

BSmith1068: 1

Voting Still Open.

• Execution votes in Bold
  • Vote for the Key to the Sick Bay in Red.
  • Vote for the Experimental Drug in Blue.

Quick Notes:
  • No promotions to report.
  • Damage Report: Engine Room damaged to 90%.
  • Over/Under Number is 2.
  • Game Update: I have received news that my work will start back up on Monday. While I would prefer this game to be over by then, should it continue past this point I will have to move my update time. Details will come on Tuesday once I have my schedule. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Deadline for all voting is 23 hours from this post!

Well it is obvious that i am not the axe murderer, since when I did kill, it was with my sword that I had with my rank, but now I don't have any rank. So if you guys think I am guilty, then so is Duke Blackstone, since we are brothers in this game. I know exactly what he can do and vice versa.

I have an idea. I seem to recall Duke looking for his brother so you both could fly off the ship. Why don’t the two of you get Takhisis to fly you away? That should take care of at least 3 crew members that are all under some suspicion and leave the rest of us to work off of a smaller list of suspects.

Doing so would be the best way to prove your innocence. Even if you are not innocent, we would still have you off the ship where you can’t cause any more problems.

Not doing so will only increase the level of suspicion on all three of you.

From your own words in the thread earlier you have turned down training people because you didn't think they gave enough of a reason to be trained. So others have been agreeing to it, but you haven't. Civplayah for instance claims that his ability requires to be trained to fly the helicopter but that you refused to train him. Now I can't blame you for refusing to train Civplayah, but plenty of people have been asking to be trained.
No. They never 'agreed'. They never sent a PM to both Backwards Logic and me saying that they wished to make themselves available for training. My hands were tied. and the 'lot of people' are civplayah, Duke Blackstone, Methos -only after I asked if he had in mind any viable candidates- and… um… and… wow, nobody else. Plenty, eh?
Frozen In Ice said:
They are still a strong indicator of innocence but they aren't infalliable proof anymore.
Well my lack of Night Actions isn't infallible proof apparently either :(
I have an idea. I seem to recall Duke looking for his brother so you both could fly off the ship. Why don’t the two of you get Takhisis to fly you away? That should take care of at least 3 crew members that are all under some suspicion and leave the rest of us to work off of a smaller list of suspects.

Doing so would be the best way to prove your innocence. Even if you are not innocent, we would still have you off the ship where you can’t cause any more problems.

Not doing so will only increase the level of suspicion on all three of you.
The helicopter can only take two. It's my PG to teach someone, so if it's both of their PGs to escape then one of them can learn how to fly and then they both go off.

Well having Classical and Duke leave together is definitely an idea. Takhisis, teach one of them how to fly tonight. Depending on how the day goes today and tomorrow they can leave or we will ask them to stay.

So, for now I'll shift my attention to PaulusIII and DaveShack. If either of you cares to explain what you do, privately if need be, then that would go a long way in improving my trust with you. PaulusIII if you are indeed an alignment scanner, then you need to tell us some of your results to see if you actually can scan alignment.

Well having Classical and Duke leave together is definitely an idea. Takhisis, teach one of them how to fly tonight. Depending on how the day goes today and tomorrow they can leave or we will ask them to stay.
Alright, which one should I teach? Sadly can't do both. Also, that person won't be able to repair tonight.

Classical_hero. I’m not sure that he has a repair ability or tool that will give him one (I could be wrong). He has also been more active lately so is more likely to PM BL in a timely manner.

Also be reminded that even if I get the wrench iw as promised I won't be able to do repairs while I teach.

Takhisis go ahead and train classical hero I'm not giving you the wrench today.

PaulusIII has had some very suspicious voting behavior and his post after Choxorns confession seems like he knew more about the infiltrators than other innocents.

Bsmith
can have the drugs and Frozen In Ice may have the key.

Top Bottom