Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings (Game Thread)

No, you're missing the point, because again, Camikaze DID say in this update that Saruman had told his minion something, and that nobody was killed. Since every single time without fail it's been "Saruman orders Ugluk" then if Saruman ordered Ugluk to do nothing this seems like what we'd get.

I'm also not ruling out the possibility that Isengard was punished/lost their kill tonight because of Bad Player. But obviously Camikaze could never publicly verify that and I do think it's a long shot, however that's something you couldn't expect to see explained explicitly, yet would result in something like this here. And I DO think Bad Player was Mafia, and he was clearly breaking rules to a far greater degree than many other "dead" players did yet nothing really came of that.

Also, you're likely wrong about Night Three just for reference; I don't see why you think that someone being saved by the Eagle was different than, say Gandalf not saving someone. Note Camikaze did NOT reveal that it was the Eagle who extended Night to 48 hours/got an "automatically save someone" deal.

And you're definitely wrong about Night Four, because Sauron was specifically roleblocked, NOT inactive. It was interesting at the time that it obviously did not seem like he was roleblocked in the writeup, but that was what happened verified by others later. If anything, again suggesting that because this writeup very explicitly does NOT say "Ugluk was dead after today's lynch" that it shouldn't be blindly assumed.

It never said that Gothmog was dead either; he just disappeared.

For the moment I'll assume I was right, and be happy. :D

Anyway, about the last night then, it's surprising to the point of straining credulity that it appears Theoden was Ugluk.

That was most likely either Saruman's ability or Wormtongue's (persuasion) co-opted by Autolycus to lend credibility to his role.

That doesn't do anything to contribute to this making sense. The fact of the matter is the whole situation seems to be entirely like something an Innocent would do by mistake/just trying something out. Gollum had absolutely nothing to do with Isengard and Winston led us all to lynch him soon afterwards anyway; I don't think Isengard would have tried to "fake Theoden's role" in such a useless scenario.

Secondly, I think he forced like 7 or 8 people to vote or so, which really seems to stretch it if Saruman or Wormtongue could do that; even more importantly again it seems they would have saved that ability.

I'd be happy for you to assume that too, but I have a nagging feeling that comes like it did with a couple others "I'll assume Autolycus was guilty so Earthling MUST also be guilty." But at this point I don't care; it doesn't change whether or not Theoden was Innocent, nor as far as I can tell does it really change if the Innocents will win at lose. As long as you kill Takhisis either today or tomorrow, then fine, choose whether you want to kill me or not. Unless there's something really good or important to respond to I won't be bothering with trying to sort out the mess of whatever some people want to believe about what someone said in this thread in the past or something.

Oh, actually I should say though, that almost every single thing about the voting patterns the past couple of days strongly point to there not being 3 living Isengard yesterday - which means Theoden was Innocent. Bad Player being very likely a Mafia just is icing on the cake because that directly explains what did happen to the 3 Isengard that would be expected to have been around before. But if there were three of them, then they could easily have avoided Autolycus' lynch, since I was going to vote to protect Autolycus too. Instead, classical hero gets Autolycus' vote and almost dies which means if Autolycus was Isengard it probably wasn't him. But Takhisis also killed Autolycus, and there's no way Takhisis and Autolycus were working together, and Beefy wasn't around/didn't make an effort after anyone. So that leaves almost nobody working with Autolycus, and I know I wasn't working with Autolycus, so really, from my POV I can't believe he had 2 other Mafia partners (Beefy +1) who did absolutely nothing to help save him. If that's true, the Innocents probably already lost the game, because the remaining Mafia is someone nobody expects, probably one of the "confirmed Innocents." Easier to posit Autolycus Innocent though, especially with Takhisis' (slash Ugluk's) outburst against that possibility.

If you guys do kill me today you'll see everything in the above paragraph is true of course. But you'll probably find out the hard way when Ugluk comes back tonight or something. :(

Well,we'll see.

So again just to be clear one last time I can promise my vote stays on Takhisis and I won't be back to remove it at the last second or something. Just makes things simpler for anyone who cares to try to bandwagon or set up a tie or outvote any sort of lynch; today I have nothing to lose and much to gain, or if you kill me I'm not stopping it either. Good luck Innocents.

Oh, and I do suggest that whatever you all do though you do it with conviction and a strong vote tally. Clear majority on me or clear majority on Takhisis or even 5-5 tie between us so it at least has to be one of us; don't let the leading lynch have just like 3 or 4 out of all the votes in case Beefy or someone can swing/manipulate votes; the last thing we want is me with 4 votes and Takhisis with 3 or something and then Beefy causes a random person like Snerk to be lynched through some evil trickery.

Someone remind me why I wasted all that effort defending Earthling and Takhisis?

Hey, it doesn't change everytime you open the page!

Because you weren't corrupted by the Ring like Frodo may be. And I do credit with you quite good work for the Innocents. Though yes, it appears Takhisis did have a lot of us fooled and we did waste time defending him.

I'm not saying either one of them is mafia, I'm saying that Earthling's rampant accusations and theories are getting ridiculous and Takhisis still posts too much spam.

You do realize, my votes on Takhisis could've been a trap right?

Yes, I am and was in fact very well aware of it, part of the reason I actually got sidetracked on OST (of course, not knowing at all about the secret other "prophet" role Nictel had and all of that meant I didn't know what to really think of OST...sounds like the ents were a mess but I guess that'll be sorted out at the end, and if he's Innocent then that's fine).

But anyway you've had us fooled almost too long on Takhisis...and your votes don't change his behavior in scummy posts and getting Theoden killed yesterday. Best candidate otherwise, at least as much so as classical hero. You've been sneaky but I think we're close to getting things figured out, and you probably really are Saruman, not Wormtongue, who was either Bad Player or someone dead earlier.

Sorry Reneta and others if its annoying you... But I am really having fun :goodjob:
I'm usually fairly active in other game, but I'm less spammy ;)

Probably the last time I'll be able to muck around and all

I'm genuinely glad for you that you're having fun Beefy. And you should know that that's honest, coming from me, even if I'm particularly not so overjoyed myself about the situation... I really respect how incredibly devious Isengard has been and how well you've played; also how close you are to pulling this off anyway. I know whoever it was that managed to work with Mordor (get Mordor to trust you even when Mordor was being killed! :eek) and of course purposefully choosing NOT to kill me or other low-level Innocents, to cause more confusion among the Innocents, made some absolutely excellent calls for your faction.

But I do want to beat you now, and especially Takhisis. I thought I was mad at Winston/Fraudo the Corrupted but with a worthy opponent bringing heat and a real challenge I still hope we can get Isengard.

While I'm at it/might not be back anyway, I'm going to congratulate the following Innocents for playing well/trying to work this out...wish I could have done more to pull it through the home stretch and I hope your efforts won't fall short. But I had to play the hand I was dealt, lovely 3 of clubs and 8 of diamonds here, anyway choxorn, Arakhor, and ATPG did nice work as Innocents in particular. TLO among the still living I'm hopeful may still have a chance to finally catch the Mafia.

Sorry Reneta and others if its annoying you... But I am really having fun :goodjob:

No, I really do enjoy it. Hence the (seriously).

It never said that Gothmog was dead either; he just disappeared.

It never said that any of the Ringwraiths had died, or that Shelob was dead. They just disappeared from the writeups and Camikaze dropped the occasional hint, such as
The Witch-King of Angmar, now only accompanied by the Nazgûl Horse Rider
, etc etc.
So again just to be clear one last time I can promise my vote stays on Takhisis and I won't be back to remove it at the last second or something. Just makes things simpler for anyone who cares to try to bandwagon or set up a tie or outvote any sort of lynch; today I have nothing to lose and much to gain, or if you kill me I'm not stopping it either. Good luck Innocents.

Oh, and I do suggest that whatever you all do though you do it with conviction and a strong vote tally. Clear majority on me or clear majority on Takhisis or even 5-5 tie between us so it at least has to be one of us; don't let the leading lynch have just like 3 or 4 out of all the votes in case Beefy or someone can swing/manipulate votes; the last thing we want is me with 4 votes and Takhisis with 3 or something and then Beefy causes a random person like Snerk to be lynched through some evil trickery.
I salute your healthy sportsmanship in wishing good luck upon the other team.
But I do want to beat you now, and especially Takhisis. I thought I was mad at Winston/Fraudo the Corrupted but with a worthy opponent bringing heat and a real challenge I still hope we can get Isengard.
You keep on at Frodo being corrupted... if he was given the Ring in the first place it's because he was incorruptible.
I'm not saying either one of them is mafia, I'm saying that Earthling's rampant accusations and theories are getting ridiculous and Takhisis still posts too much spam.
I'll quote Padma on this one
Forum games, by definition, are spam.​
Wait until Caturday for real spam.
You do realize, my votes on Takhisis could've been a trap right? :lol:

WIFOM Party. Fun!!!

I'll quote Padma on this one
Forum games, by definition, are spam.​
Wait until Caturday for real spam.

Well, there's spam, and then there's spam spam. You are an example of spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam spam spam and spam.

Top Bottom