The Rise (and perhaps fall) of America.

thecaesar

Will appear randomly
Hi! This is my first attempt at a Civ story, and I'm not a phenomenal writer, but I hope I can write this well. I am recalling the first few parts of this from memory, since I played a bit past this part. The setting: I played Rhye's and Fall starting as Greece in the ancient era, went all the way to 1760, and then finally was able to switch to America (leaving Greece as the highest scoring civ in the game at that point. :D)
I am playing this on the easiest level, btw, because, well, I haven't played this far into Rhye's and Fall before. I expect it to be AWESOME! (The game, not my storytelling ;) )

Subbed.

Looking forward to the story!

Don't forget to let us name your cities non-Canadian names :D

subbed
no other comment

Nay!:nope:

Subbed. I'm always up for a good story :D

Okay, here goes! I won't have pics for the first part, cause I already played it and shall be recalling it from memory (this also means that I may not remember some of the city names :() However, I may be able to get pics later :)

North American East Coast -- 1760 A.D.

The plan was ready to be put into action. The colonists had grown tired of the cruel extra-continental rule, particularly the english colonists, as Elizabeth the Tyrant, as she was called in the colonies, treated them particularly harsh. Their leader, a Greek man named Washington :)lol:), was a brilliant strategist, as well as a very charismatic leader.
The rebels, calling themselves Americans after the name of the continent, would take one of Britain's two colonies, New York, and also a Spanish colony to the south of the capital of their new capital: Washington, named after their leader, of course.
The Spanish, already rebuilding from a recent war with Germany, did not wish to put any of their other colonies in danger (for they had nearly four others in north america, not counting the three in south america), decided to give in to the demands of the Americans.
The English, on the other hand, were not weakened by any recent wars or in fact by anything, and being close to one of the most powerful civilizations in the world (and certainly the most influential), decided they liked their colony. So as soon as the Americans made their move, Elizabeth the Tyrant ordered a formal declaration of war on the newly formed "United States" of America. Unfortunately, due to a gross underestimation of the Americans' influence on their soldiers there, the British Navy was off colonizing Australia, and most of England's forces defected to America, not to mention the large and advanced force of Riflemen the Americans had been able to raise on ridiculously short notice, thus ending in the loss of all of Britain's remaining colonies in north america.

-Edit- In an alternate reality, however, Britain decided they liked the Americans after all, and didn't declare war on them. :D I played all the way through the other one, then reloaded before I switched from Greece to America... So it turned out differently. Oops! :blush:

IRL washington was not a brilliant strategist, just look at his military record during both the 7 years war and then the American Revolution.

Most of the battles that America won in the revolution were commanded by French generals and fought by French Soldiers, not by American...

Top Bottom