The Maya

Optik

Chieftain
An improved version of Maya Civilization from the Hukkak CivPack (arts, text, icons...)

Civilization: The Maya
Leader: K'inich Janaab Pakal I

Trait
Jungle Fervor

+15%:c5science: in the :c5capital:Capital and strategic resources give a +2 :c5science: Science.

Unique Unit
Holkan (Remplace Spearman)
+1 :c5strength: Strength
have double movement in forest/jungle tiles and partially heals on an enemy kill

Unique Building
Pok a Tok (Remplace Colosseum)
+3 :c5happy: Happyness, +1 :c5greatperson:Artist slot :c5culture:
no :c5gold:Gold Maintenance

Have Fun!
Available Online.

Looks great, but the Unique Ability looks overpowered. And the leader name should be shortened as well. XD Otherwise, great job!

Looks great, but the Unique Ability looks overpowered. And the leader name should be shortened as well. XD Otherwise, great job!

Thanks, the UA is overpowered you are right but that was the original from Hukkak Civpack, maybe i'll just keep the first part (All cities gain 10% science) or the second part with something else (don't know yet). Need some comments and proposals.

+15% :c5science: in the :c5capital: Capital and + 1 :c5science: in jungle

This way you can retain the UA name or change fervor to sthg more fitting like 'mysteries' or 'secrets' !

The access to the forest is too fast, too powerful in early game, while access to strategic resources takes more time and making the bonus more interesting.

Oooh, Shiny!!! Great work yet again mate, well done!

Thanks! The next civilizations to add for a scenario "ancient civilizations of South America" could be: Hohokam, Chibcha and Inca. But creates all this takes a long time so I'll take a break!

proj.jpg

Maybe do the Zapotec instead of Inca, because of the DLC?

I was not thinking to do the Zapotec (small territory, more like a city-state for civ5), but there are some informations that makes them interesting in their relationship with the Aztec. I have some ideas for the unique attitude for the Leader (unfortunately not the most glorious, but if you find a leaders list for them somewhere I'm interested), for the UB, but nothing for the UU.

The Huari empire would make a cool one, but I don't know if they'd overlap with the Mapuch too much (can't remember if they were north or south of the Inca)

Would it be OK if I borrowed your leaderhead and maps for my Mayan Civ mod? I'd credit you, of course.

I was not thinking to do the Zapotec (small territory, more like a city-state for civ5), but there are some informations that makes them interesting in their relationship with the Aztec. I have some ideas for the unique attitude for the Leader (unfortunately not the most glorious, but if you find a leaders list for them somewhere I'm interested), for the UB, but nothing for the UU.

Age of Empires III has them with a 'Zapotec Lightning Warrior' - maybe replaces Swordsman, ignores terrain cost with +1 movement and move after attacking?

To the image- that's awesome! I'd really appreciate that (the colors go really well with the red/yellow I've chosen, too).
Just one question (which I kind of hate to ask):
Could you convert it to .dds, and post it here? For some reason, the program I'm using won't convert at certain sizes (ones that aren't a factor of 2).
Even if you can't, thanks, and I will credit you for it, of course!

Wow, amazing work, Optik! Your new civs are by far my favourites; I think the leaderheads give them a lot of personality.

Are you planning on doing any more African civs? I think the game could do with a few more of those.

Wow, amazing work, Optik! Your new civs are by far my favourites; I think the leaderheads give them a lot of personality.

I agree, would you be willing to take new civ requests, if the background research (what we wanted for a leader, ability, UU, city list, etc.) was done beforehand?

Are you planning on doing any more African civs? I think the game could do with a few more of those.

Thanks, I appreciate :). I have no plans for an African civilization for the moment. I'm also waiting to know which other civilizations will be added, perhaps with the next patch.

I agree, would you be willing to take new civ requests, if the background research (what we wanted for a leader, ability, UU, city list, etc.) was done beforehand?

I have one or two civilizations hold (Zapotec and Chibcha), but for now I stop. It takes time to collect informations, pictures and write all this, so if the project is actually nice why not, but not immediatly.

Ok, not sure where else to post it, so here's my civ request:

Civ: Costa Rica

Leader: Jose Figueres Ferrer

UA: Constitutionally Unarmed. Jungle Tiles provide a base of 3 food, 2 science, 1 production (& 1 gold?), and cities have +50% defense (+100% defense?), but all military units have only 1/2 combat strength

UU: Fuerza Publica- replaces paratrooper, cannot paradrop, but is not affected by terrain, and has double movement points (4 instead of 2). Also, instead of the 1/2 combat caused by the UA, recieves double combat in Costa Rican territory (still affected by UA outside of that).

UB: Bioparque- doubles yields (of all types) from jungle tiles and tiles with bonus resources.

City list:
San Jose (capital)
Alajuela
Cartago
Heredia
Pococi
Puntarenas
Liberia
La Fortuna
Desampardos
San Carlos
Perez Zeledon
Goicoechea
Limon
La Union
Tibas
Alajuelita
Turrialba
San Ramon
Grecia
Curridabat
Vazquez de Coronado
Siquirres
Paraiso
Escazu
Montes de Oca
Moravia
Aserri
Sarapiqui
Nicoya
Santa Cruz- Possible removal
Buenos Aires- Possible removal (since these two are prominent cities in other countries)
Coto Brus
Oreamuno
Upala
Naranjo
San Rafael
Corredores
Guacimo
Santo Domingo- (Possible removal, same as above)
Santa Ana
Golfito
Talamanca

AI Flavors- Go for tall empires, not deceptive, and completely non-aggresive (make Gandhi look like the neighborhood bully)
Set to prefer diplo, the sci or cultural victories.

Anything else required, or thoughts on the above?

And yes, I know its a bizarre choice, but it seems cool for strategy and actual use.

Ok, not sure where else to post it, so here's my civ request:

Civ: Costa Rica

Leader: Jose Figueres Ferrer

UA: Constitutionally Unarmed. Jungle Tiles provide a base of 3 food, 2 science, 1 production (& 1 gold?), and cities have +50% defense (+100% defense?), but all military units have only 1/2 combat strength

UU: Fuerza Publica- replaces paratrooper, cannot paradrop, but is not affected by terrain, and has double movement points (4 instead of 2). Also, instead of the 1/2 combat caused by the UA, recieves double combat in Costa Rican territory (still affected by UA outside of that).

UB: Bioparque- doubles yields (of all types) from jungle tiles and tiles with bonus resources.

City list:
San Jose (capital)
Alajuela
Cartago
Heredia
Pococi
Puntarenas
Liberia
La Fortuna
Desampardos
San Carlos
Perez Zeledon
Goicoechea
Limon
La Union
Tibas
Alajuelita
Turrialba
San Ramon
Grecia
Curridabat
Vazquez de Coronado
Siquirres
Paraiso
Escazu
Montes de Oca
Moravia
Aserri
Sarapiqui
Nicoya
Santa Cruz- Possible removal
Buenos Aires- Possible removal (since these two are prominent cities in other countries)
Coto Brus
Oreamuno
Upala
Naranjo
San Rafael
Corredores
Guacimo
Santo Domingo- (Possible removal, same as above)
Santa Ana
Golfito
Talamanca

AI Flavors- Go for tall empires, not deceptive, and completely non-aggresive (make Gandhi look like the neighborhood bully)
Set to prefer diplo, the sci or cultural victories.

Anything else required, or thoughts on the above?

And yes, I know its a bizarre choice, but it seems cool for strategy and actual use.

there is a request thread at top of page..... :crazyeye:

Ok, made second post for organizational reasons

UA Reasoning- I'm trying to play off of Costa Rica's biodiversity and lack of a military, but the city strength is improved mainly so they don't get wiped out.

UU Reasoning- It's supposed to be able to cope with the presumably prevalent jungle tiles, and serve mainly as a late-game defensive force.

UB Reasoning- Again, playing off of biodiversity and ecotourism.

AI Reasoning- Make Gandhi look like a warmonger. Make everyone else look like traitors. Make it small, and make sure the AI doesn't touch jungle tiles.

Start Preferences: Forgot this above, but prefer jungle and hills (and river?), and avoid tundra, snow, and maybe forest. Basically, force them to the tropics of a map.

What's missing?

Top Bottom