Female Unique Units

SaibotLieh

Emperor
For the prize of a major part of my sanity I accomplished to create a female version of each civilization's unique unit. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:
Spoiler :

As should be noticable, many models can't be distinguished very well from the male counterparts on their own, since I tried to keep as much from the male's uniform artwork as possible. However, I also made all female models a bit smaller than the male ones while keeping the size of the mostly accessories constant. This way, the gender can be identified a bit easier when a direct comparison is given:
Spoiler :

I also modified the animation sets in way that all male sounds are exchanged for female voices. A button for each unit is included as well.

Some further information in the download section.

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17371

Enjoy! :)

You have that much time? :lol:
Time to overwhelm you with requests :mischief:

But I have to admit, they look great :D
And I noticed there are 31, so right now I'm trying to recall all the civs to find out which 3 civs are missing
One is Germany with Panzers, but didn't figure out the last 2 :crazyeye:

EDIT: there must be some ship UUs, probably portugal has one of those

Your units are awesome! :goodjob: I'm adding the great doctor to my mods now. I was thinking that the ancient great general would be a great addition to persia for Artemesia of Caria who fought at Salamis I believe. For the future I would be happy to add female modern Israeli soldiers and female Revolutionary guards if you made them. (no pressure, ;)).

Great units as usual :goodjob:

You should consider creating this civ with this UU. I know Dahomey was not really the same empire/kingdom as Oyo, but they were basically a vassal through the last 200 years, so why not use that suggestion for Oyo UU ;)

Edit: just thought I should remind you.... in BTS, they swapped the art of the Phalanx and original Spearman, so for BTS, you've done a female Spearman instead of a female Phalanx :lol:

You have that much time? :lol:
Time to overwhelm you with requests :mischief:

But I have to admit, they look great :D
And I noticed there are 31, so right now I'm trying to recall all the civs to find out which 3 civs are missing
One is Germany with Panzers, but didn't figure out the last 2 :crazyeye:

EDIT: there must be some ship UUs, probably portugal has one of those
In fact I had the time, but now I'm going a bit slower on unitmaking again. ;)

Btw, the Dutch are the third civ that is missing a unique unit that I could have modified.
Your units are awesome! :goodjob: I'm adding the great doctor to my mods now. I was thinking that the ancient great general would be a great addition to persia for Artemesia of Caria who fought at Salamis I believe. For the future I would be happy to add female modern Israeli soldiers and female Revolutionary guards if you made them. (no pressure, ;)).
Thanks, I hope the units will fit nicely. Are there already male versions of the units you request available? That would make it much easier to create female ones.
Great units as usual :goodjob:

You should consider creating this civ with this UU. I know Dahomey was not really the same empire/kingdom as Oyo, but they were basically a vassal through the last 200 years, so why not use that suggestion for Oyo UU ;)

Edit: just thought I should remind you.... in BTS, they swapped the art of the Phalanx and original Spearman, so for BTS, you've done a female Spearman instead of a female Phalanx :lol:
Thanks again. The Amazons from Dahomey are in fact quite interesting, modifying the Oromo Warrior would do the trick I think. But a leader and a UB is still missing. So, if somebody creates those I would happily contribute the UU.

Chugs about the Phalanx, I already thought that something was off, and I even used that model as an example. :sad: Well, guess I'll have to correct this in the next few days. :)

Are there already male versions of the units you request available? That would make it much easier to create female ones.

I've attached the israeli infantry and revolutionary guard unit I was referring to. You could probabaly use the head of the female islamic missionary for the revolutionary guard.:hatsoff:

Attachments

• femaleunits.rar
    291.9 KB · Views: 106
I've attached the israeli infantry and revolutionary guard unit I was referring to. You could probabaly use the head of the female islamic missionary for the revolutionary guard.:hatsoff:
I'm afraid you did not. :)

Or I'm missing something big time here... :mischief:

About that Dahomey... I'll make that empire, you'll make the Unit, though instead of Oyo I'll go with Dahomey Empire, so the UU will belong to the right civ too.

Added it to the above post.
Okay, got the files. I don't have much spare time this week, but I'll try to work on them next week.
About that Dahomey... I'll make that empire, you'll make the Unit, though instead of Oyo I'll go with Dahomey Empire, so the UU will belong to the right civ too.
Sounds great. :) Again, next week I should find some time to do something about the UU.

Okay, got the files. I don't have much spare time this week, but I'll try to work on them next week.

Sounds great. :) Again, next week I should find some time to do something about the UU.

No problem at all. My mod updates are not yet finished anyway.

With so much content you are putting out...It seems like you are a team of people... You must have like twenty sweatshop CivIV graphic modellers operating in your basement.

I've now updated the unit set with a correct model for the greek phalanx.
Spoiler :

I also made a small modification to the Impi model in order to make her waistline a bit more prominent.

Wow! It's just...wow! :goodjob: As usual, request the right to reskin these beauties ;)
And as usual I'm eager to see what you'll do with them. :)

Nice reskin of the Hindu missionary by the way. :goodjob:

Good to see you solved that Phalanx :goodjob:

Now, back to that Dahomey Amazon unit... when do you think you will have time to make it? I already have a civ ready to go with it :deal:

Good to see you solved that Phalanx :goodjob:

Now, back to that Dahomey Amazon unit... when do you think you will have time to make it? I already have a civ ready to go with it :deal:
Wow, that was fast. That unit is the next one on my list and I hope I'll manage to create her this weekend.

Top Bottom