Spawn system

A couple of things that would be nice
  • not terrain and not feature tags
  • spawn location on river with perhaps a cannot move away from river function too. for all those crocs :)
  • location on fresh water coast - probably the same thing as on river.

Edit thinking on it those last two are plots with "fresh water" present. Which would be enough for my needs.

That cannot be done in the spawn system code, but needs to be a new general unit movement restriction (so a unit tag, not a spawn tag), but shouldn't be hard to do.

"Plains but not forest" you can already do. Check SPAWN_BISON_PLAINS which only spawns on plains with no features.

"Plot with fresh water" can be added.

Ah, I thought that plains meant all plains even those with features but if you wanted to limit what features you could. :blush:

Bug animals are spawning on peaks. This is probably OK for some but not all. Note that they can't move into peaks only out of them.

Ah, I thought that plains meant all plains even those with features but if you wanted to limit what features you could. :blush:
I think if you want a specific terrain with any feature you have to enumerate all possible features on that terrain. I can change that behavior so if you specify a featureterrain but no features that any feature on that terrain is valid then.

Bug animals are spawning on peaks. This is probably OK for some but not all. Note that they can't move into peaks only out of them.
I can either remove spawning from peaks or add a tag to specify if peaks are valid spawn spots.

I think if you want a specific terrain with any feature you have to enumerate all possible features on that terrain. I can change that behavior so if you specify a featureterrain but no features that any feature on that terrain is valid then.

As is is fine, it was just my understanding that needed fixing.

I can either remove spawning from peaks or add a tag to specify if peaks are valid spawn spots.

Make spawn on peaks an option/tag with default of no.

I am really enjoying the way that different parts of the world have different animals. Unfortunately this is only done on a north- south/latitude split at the moment.

I a wondering if it may be possible to split it even further. EG by region old world/new world. Or even more. That way we may be able to get improved "ecologies" and increase the potential for trade.

I am really enjoying the way that different parts of the world have different animals. Unfortunately this is only done on a north- south/latitude split at the moment.

I a wondering if it may be possible to split it even further. EG by region old world/new world. Or even more. That way we may be able to get improved "ecologies" and increase the potential for trade.

Hmm. How many different ones can you have? If only 4 then maybe ...

Northern Old World = Eurasia
Northern New World = Americas
Southern Old World = Africa
Southern New World = Oceania

Hmm. How many different ones can you have? If only 4 then maybe ...

Northern Old World = Eurasia
Northern New World = Americas
Southern Old World = Africa
Southern New World = Oceania

Sorry, the word "region" has a meaning in map scripts and map generation. If I remember correctly a region is a landmass plus "islands" connected by sea. So a in theory a non-ocean going nation can get to anywhere in a region.

Sorry, the word "region" has a meaning in map scripts and map generation. If I remember correctly a region is a landmass plus "islands" connected by sea. So a in theory a non-ocean going nation can get to anywhere in a region.

What I mean is say African animals like lions, giraffes, zebras, gorillas, etc would spawn only in the old world in the southern hemisphere. While say Kangaroos, Emus, Koalas, etc would only spawn in the new world in the southern hemisphere.

Something appears to have changed in the spawn system recently. I am seeing very very few animals now. I have had to increase the modifier to 600%:eek:

Something appears to have changed in the spawn system recently. I am seeing very very few animals now. I have had to increase the modifier to 600%:eek:
I found the mistake and will fix it this evening (European time). The result is that currently most animals won't spawn on flatlands (as the variable is overwritten with the content of the new tags).

Spawn rules can now be restricted by longitude with the tags iMinLongitude and iMaxLongitude. Longitude values are from -180 to 180. You can specify from 70 to 170 but 150 to -115 is also valid (-145 would be in that range but not -20).

Spawn rules can now be restricted by longitude with the tags iMinLongitude and iMaxLongitude. Longitude values are from -180 to 180. You can specify from 70 to 170 but 150 to -115 is also valid (-145 would be in that range but not -20).

Longitude is not that useful since we want spawning on different continents on the map.

So if there is no land in say the Northwest Hemisphere then the animals will just not show up if they are specified to be in the Northern and the Western hemisphere?
Yes, that is the disadvantage of that approach. In the long run I'll add a proper solution.

@AIAndy would it be possible to get all the tags to do with dependancies on other things in here. E.G. I want to turn off giraffes if the att-timelines giraffes are not in the game.

Top Bottom