God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

I'm not a native German speaker, but it does say 1 Faith each turn for each city.
"pro Stadt": per city
"einen Glaubenspunkt": one 'believers point' (faith)
"pro Runde": per round (turn)

The Dutch lion as a watermark is nicely spotted. Going back to the original screenshots, the Pictish Warrior does not have a watermark, but the Machine Gun does (France).

I'd wait for a resident German to confirm, but yes, that just looks like it says the Celt cities give one faith per turn (followed by an explanation of what faith is). Apparently then they received 4 faith for fighting barbarians in a forest ('Dank ihrer feschen Kriegsbemalung und einem Kampf im Wald addiert der Sieg vier weitere Glaubenspunkte auf unser Konto').

Given 'God of War' is a pantheon belief, and this is allegedly prior to the receiving such a belief ('und wenig später können wir ein erstes Heiligtum von etwa 20 kultischen Stätten auswählen'), and given it was specifically noted that the fight took place in a forest, could we infer something about the Celt UA from that?

Good spot, Camikaze. So they may get 1 faith per city plus faith for defeating units in woods (similar to the Aztec's culture bonus)?

I found the Dutch icon, had people seen it before? It is in the screenshot with the great admiral and the Dutch, to the bottom left of the movement row.

Isn't that the Great Admiral icon?

Yeah, it is

No, it isn´t. It´s right next to the Admiral´s symbol, not good to see, but it´s there. It´s a bear.

I believe it's a lion. But it can be seen as a watermark of sorts on the unit panel

No idea how you saw that. :D

Is that new? I've never noticed this before.

Although it doesn't seem to appear in every screenshot, oddly enough.

I'm not seing it. :confused: Where exactly is it?

In both the screenshot with the WWI Bomber and the Great Admiral, look through the translucent blue box that lists the movement remaining for the unit.

I'd wait for a resident German to confirm, but yes, that just looks like it says the Celt cities give one faith per turn (followed by an explanation of what faith is). Apparently then they received 4 faith for fighting barbarians in a forest ('Dank ihrer feschen Kriegsbemalung und einem Kampf im Wald addiert der Sieg vier weitere Glaubenspunkte auf unser Konto').

Given 'God of War' is a pantheon belief, and this is allegedly prior to the receiving such a belief ('und wenig später können wir ein erstes Heiligtum von etwa 20 kultischen Stätten auswählen'), and given it was specifically noted that the fight took place in a forest, could we infer something about the Celt UA from that?

Translation is right :yup:.

In both the screenshot with the WWI Bomber and the Great Admiral, look through the translucent blue box that lists the movement remaining for the unit.

I don't anything like that, much less a lion.:confused:

Edit: Do you mean the unit panel in the bottom left? That's the only thing I can see regarding movement for the unit, but it's neither blue nor translucent.

I don't anything like that, much less a lion.:confused:

Edit: Do you mean the unit panel in the bottom left? That's the only thing I can see regarding movement for the unit, but it's neither blue nor translucent.

This thing:

Attachments

• symbol.jpg
    symbol.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 338
The logo of the civilizations has always been in Vanilla, not sure if it depends on having larger icons enabled or not, but you can see the logo of every civilization in the same spot.

Yes, I've seen it in vanilla too. I always wondered why it was stuck behind the UI in the lower corner. I thought it was just due to mushed up UI, but I bought a bigger monitor and it's still there. It seems like a silly design.

Why do you assume it's a bad thing? It's an aesthetic design and quite frankly it's so hard to see it isn't bothering me at all. I like it.

It looks buggered up hiding behind the UI. I'd rather it be out in the open.

[*]Pictish Warrior unit, before Iron Working is discovered. Celt UU?[/list]

the celts will have a super advantage early in game, it's probably a screenshot set up in a way. or probably you'll have to research bronze working who knows but in a multiplayer game ( even in a single player game) the celts would have a very strong army if that will replace only the warrior.

Top Bottom