God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

I just found out a minor piece of information.. Pantheon has it's own symbol - a lightning bolt.

Spoiler :

Edingburgh and Dublin both show a "bolt" icon that is in place of religion, HOWEVER

Spoiler :

Does not have a "Bolt" icon in list, meaning Pantheon actually shows up as individual religion icon.. or something like that :D

I just found out a minor piece of information.. Pantheon has it's own symbol - a lightning bolt.

Edingburgh and Dublin both show a "bolt" icon that is in place of religion, HOWEVER

Does not have a "Bolt" icon in list, meaning Pantheon actually shows up as individual religion icon.. or something like that :D

An icon that will be replaced if/when you establish your own religion with a great prophet or your city is converted to another religion. I don't think we know enough to say that the pantheon religion can be completely avoided, unless you have a goal of not accumulating any faith at all.

I don't think we know enough to say that the pantheon religion can be completely avoided, unless you have a goal of not accumulating any faith at all.

I think we only know that the Celts get faith from forest tiles and kills made by the Pictish Warrior, and thus have an early faith advantage. We don't know how faith would ordinarily be generated by any other civ (except, I believe, that you can get it free from ruins). Assuming you need to build something like a temple to generate it, it may well be possible simply to generate no faith at all.

Not that I can see why you would choose not to...

I found the Dutch icon, had people seen it before? It is in the screenshot with the great admiral and the Dutch, to the bottom left of the movement row.

In the great prophet screenshot, what is the unit icon which is stationed in Edinburg? Its not an archer or crossbow. Is it a chariot-archer - I can't remember the last time I built one of those.

Also, I can't get a good glimpse, but what is the unit icon (same screenshot) next to the "thank you" on the advisor menu? It looks like the same as in Edinburg, and does not look like any horse unit.

It's a Composite Bowman, a new general unit for the game. Good eye spotting them, though. I knew they were in Edinburgh, but I didn't see them on the screen before.

Then potentially something after Machine Gun?
Possibly, but nothing we know about yet. There might be something like a mortar team, or just an updated/modern version of the machine gun (not out of the question, since they have WWI and WWII versions of infantry). Or the line may just end there (which is still a lot better than ending at Crossbowmen).

Having all these intermediate upgrades (with both ranged and melee units) will be nice, but will increase the importance of gold to pay for them (assuming the costs are the same).

@Arioch - I think the Celt UA on your website is wrong. I think it should be +1 faith per city per turn.

See here ("Beach selects the Celts because they have faith in each city one point per round").

@Arioch - I think the Celt UA on your website is wrong. I think it should be +1 faith per city per turn.

See here ("Beach selects the Celts because they have faith in each city one point per round").

You gotta remember that Google Translate isn't 100% accurate. The "they have faith in each city one point per round" isn't translated correctly.

You gotta remember that Google Translate isn't 100% accurate. The "they have faith in each city one point per round" isn't translated correctly.

I agree but it seems fairly clear. We really need a German speaker to give us a proper translation. :scan:

Top Bottom