A few screenshots not covered by the other reviews - 11th May 2012

Nyanko: Er, I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Yeah I edited it for clarification.
Basically, if they added faith to G&K, it meant that people with Vanilla couldnt MP with those with Gods and Kings. So they will stay the same to promote compatibility between the two games

Montov: Theater, really? I would almost think... Garden? Maybe Austrian Coffeehouses are not like American ones...

The thing is, coffeehouses are normally places to drink/relax, so it is a happiness building regarding civ. Austrian coffeehouses are known for their cultural heritage with a lot of the local creative minds flocking to it, and with a rich architecture. So the bonus to the standard building would be culture, but also a bit of gold to reflect the business involved.

But Opera House could also be chosen, as Austrian Coffeehouses were much like that. And then maybe add Great People multiplier bonus to it and +2 gold.

On second thought, Opera House is more likely.

I dont think they'll fix the Spanish and Arabic UA's, in order to promote compatibility between Vanilla CiV and G&K

There will be a patch to Vanilla to make sure such things don't happen. So it is possible to get changed, but I don't see the need to completely redesign old civs for concepts in the expansion.

Yeah I edited it for clarification.
Basically, if they added faith to G&K, it meant that people with Vanilla couldnt MP with those with Gods and Kings. So they will stay the same to promote compatibility between the two games

They would only need to be changed in the G&K version, similar to the Songhai's new ability.

Montov: While I don't doubt that Opera House could work well, that would mean 2 of the 9 Expansion Civs have UBs that replace it? (Celtica's Ceilidh Hall is the other.)

I absolutely disagree with a few decision here
Aztec and Spanish UA unchanged?
But the bigger problem is: Hussar as an UU for Austria?? :mad:
What room does this leave for Hungary? If they leave out Hungary even from the medieval/renaissance scenario, I will hit someone. :p
That scenario without Hungary would be a huge shame...

Absinthe: I'm not sure why the Aztec UA should be changed? Perhaps change its name, but since the Celts have the Faith one, why change something that works?

As far as Spain goes, I tend to agree it could have used a revamping (or an increase).

And, well, if you want to talk pet peeves, I'm really rather furious that Oda Nobunaga, of all people, was chosen as the leader of Japan. ><

Abs : They can do hungary with Magyar Horde UU & Mott and Bailey castle UI !
AFAIK they used the latter against the mongol raids and the former could be some kind of armed worker that can settle on its first ten turns or so.

Spanish UA doesn't need to be fixed . If they settle near a Natural Wonder that provides faith,they'll receive double faith from that wonder,just like any other Natural wonder in the game .

Excellent! Where did these come from?

Sorry for the late response; I posted the screenshots prior to going to work this morning and now I've returned, so here goes:

The Celtic screenshots are from here. There are nine screenshots in total, including some of Sweden, but they are the same ones posted on other websites.

The Austrian screenshots are from here. Again, there are other screenshots, but I believe I picked the most pertinent ones.

In addition, there's this screenshot of Palenque from IGN:

Spoiler :

Nice pig farm in the top left corner!

Genji: Well, I guess it's a matter of personal preference whether Spain is well-served by their UA. Considering the... large impact of religious turmoil on Spanish history, it could easily have changed.

Very nice work, Rob. I can't help but note that the Mayan Long-Count bonus seems to occur (here) when one of the numbers is 0.

So 11.0.5.11.6. If I understand this correctly, it may have just changed (on the large scale) from 10 to 11. That could give a Great Person.

Having said that, what if the others have smaller benefits? Does anyone know if there's a conversion anywhere online from the current calendar to the Mayan?

A ton of new screenshots - but all in German, can be found here. Many are of the empire of the smokey skies scenario; but here's five of them that I liked; note that the last one is from the scenario, so the effects of the wonder may be different in the "epic" game:

Spoiler :

Wonder what that building beside Granary is, it can't be any wonder, it is either a Shrine or some new national wonder that requires Granary in each city xD Looks like a church.

EDIT : Forget it, it's a Shrine.

THEY MADE CLASSICAL ERA HUGER! The German screenshots depict Classical Era in two tiers.. finally!

The German screenshot of the diplomacy screen with Bismarck confirms salt as a luxury resource, I don't think this was know earlier. The Neuschwanstein wonder gives you +3 gold, +2 culture and +1 happiness for every castle.

Top Bottom