So is France Busted Now?

Meanwhile I’m over here suggesting we buff em, lol

Thats my thought also if you use them as meat shields, especially on higher difficulties.
The way war weariness works in the last couple of versions is different iirc, it does not do that much and they can move after xapture btw so they can retreat & heal to rejoin.

So apparently the captured units are considered to have been built in your capital...

...meaning that they all get the Morale promotion once you've built the Heroic Epic.

Still not immediately as strong as getting 2-3 promotions for being actually built by a city, but it does mean that they have the potential to be stronger in the future than many of your units, which is great for captured UCs.

Edit: I guess the reason I didn't notice til now is that it doesn't apply retroactively. Only new captures get Morale once HE is built.

Last edited:
So apparently the captured units are considered to have been built in your capital...

...meaning that they all get the Morale promotion once you've built the Heroic Epic.

Still not immediately as strong as getting 2-3 promotions for being actually built by a city, but it does mean that they have the potential to be stronger in the future than many of your units, which is great for captured UCs.

Edit: I guess the reason I didn't notice til now is that it doesn't apply retroactively. Only new captures get Morale once HE is built.

Reminds me of how good it feels to gift units without the morale promotion to city states. Begone, dirty morale-free units

Doesn't this sky-rocket your war weariness?
I was playing on emperor and while it was not good for war weariness my wars were ending so fast it didn't matter.

I really need to play them again though with the newer capture mechanic. I imagine they'll still be really strong, but it'll be less of a mindless zombie wave than it was before.

Top Bottom