Anyone miss the orginal Civ V music?

Do you prefer vanilla civ 5 music or g&k?

• Yes I prefer vanillas music.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No I prefer Gods and Kings music.

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • I really don't have a preference.

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters

gunslinger6792

Warlord
I was watching an old lets play video when I heard the original civ V music. It suddently hit me that I missed the old music and that im tired of the g&k vocalists singing. So whats your take do you miss the old music from vanilla civ or do you like the new g&k music better?

I think that people will get tired of any menu music simply because they hear it all the time. Even something as great as Civ IV's Baba Yetu can potentially grate when you're waiting in yet another lobby.

I'm not tired of G&K's music yet, but I certainly was tired of Civ V's menu theme just before the expansion came out.

Speaking critically though, I would say I prefer G&K on a musical level - I think it's a more interesting tune.

Perhaps in future we will see a Civ-IV style menu option that lets you choose which menu theme you get.

I prefer the old music, but what I really miss is the old background!
The current one is ugly, with the religious theme of the expansion pack they could have done something much better.

speaking of old background i really really miss the old start up movie.

WELCOME MY SON, I HAVE MISSED YOU. HAVE THE MEN BEGUN SETTING UP THE ENCAMPMENT? YES FATHER. GOOD. THIS IS A LUSH FERTILE LAND...

at which point my 342 presses of the ESC button would finally kick in, saving me from the rest of the video. I HATED having to sit through that every time with no easy way to by-pass it. The new video is not only a nice change, but we have the option of disabling it.

THANK YOU FIRAXIS. Now I won't be drilling holes in my skull.

WELCOME MY SON, I HAVE MISSED YOU. HAVE THE MEN BEGUN SETTING UP THE ENCAMPMENT? YES FATHER. GOOD. THIS IS A LUSH FERTILE LAND...

at which point my 342 presses of the ESC button would finally kick in, saving me from the rest of the video. I HATED having to sit through that every time with no easy way to by-pass it. The new video is not only a nice change, but we have the option of disabling it.

:lol:

I agree. We will do well without the need to sit through his monologue another hundred times.

I have to say I never expected anyone to say they missed the old intro video. Don't get me wrong, the video was fine, but you'd get bored of Citizen Kane, having to watch it every time you wanted to play civ.

I prefer the G&K menu music, but the old background. In fact, I saved the G&K music as an MP3, so I can listen to it, because I find the G&K music more epic.

I like both a lot, actually last night I was listening to the original theme music since I missed it. I think both are powerful pieces that inspire you to conquer everything

i prefer the old one, i constantly heard both, and g/k music gets super annoying..
while vanilla doesnt, its a more toned down theme..

I prefer the old music, but what I really miss is the old background!
The current one is ugly, with the religious theme of the expansion pack they could have done something much better.

G&K actually has several different backgrounds, not all of which are religious. It picks a random one on startup.

I've had the music turned off (0% volume) for so long, until I found this thread I wasn't aware that there IS new music for G&K. :lol:

I very much prefer the new music. The singing is quite nice and the overall music is soothing.

I felt like the old music had much more of a war-driven theme with all the minor tones and dissonance.

Having listen to that vanilla music for a couple of thousand hours of gameplay, i must say that i dont miss it at all, no matter how good it was.

Heck I miss the old music from Civ II where your choices were 1 of 4 songs. :D

Whenever I entered a new era I would change the track. Those were the days... lol

You can actually disable the video from loading in vanilla by changing the .ini file if I remember right. I remember it driving me batty and I made that change. I think it was changing a portion of the text to 0 from 1.

Top Bottom