Free vanilla civ V

pba

Chieftain
Does anyone want to have a free vanilla civ5 copy? Please answer only if you would like to have it but can't afford it, not if you decided the price is not worth it but want to have it for free.

I have the copy from Xcom preorder to give away. Users can vote for themselves or another user. If voting the posts of voters and the receiver are added up :)

Does this involve steam ?

Yes, sorry for not having explaned it more thoroughly.

When preordering X-com on steam I (as everybody) got a free copy as a preorder bonus. I can opt to give it away as a steam gift. So this is what I intend in this thread.

I too think that steam should be a non-mandatory option, but did buy the game in spite of it. Please do not view my gift as a praise to steam and let's not turn a gift into a flame thread about steam.

Sorry if I get You to believe that I was about to do that (turning a thread into a flame blazed ruins :lol: ) I have nothing against steam ;) honestly. Besides it is generous of You and thank You for that and You're welcome to the initiative. I am no more than a common villain ;) hehe. Sorry if I gave You the wrong impression ;) Just wanted to ask ;)

I would appreciate your generosity! I am an apprentice so only get Bed/Board/Pocket money. I can't really justify spending it on games right now.

Heh, I might even advise the boss to give you a few more years, DEATH is a decent chap once you get to know him.

Sorry if I get You to believe that I was about to do that (turning a thread into a flame blazed ruins :lol: ) I have nothing against steam ;) honestly. Besides it is generous of You and thank You for that and You're welcome to the initiative. I am no more than a common villain ;) hehe. Sorry if I gave You the wrong impression ;) Just wanted to ask ;)

I think i implied too much but i've seen lots of negative opinions about steam :D

I would appreciate your generosity! I am an apprentice so only get Bed/Board/Pocket money. I can't really justify spending it on games right now.

Heh, I might even advise the boss to give you a few more years, DEATH is a decent chap once you get to know him.

k, noted. tomorrow i will decide around this time. Please don't mention anything to the Boss, as i'm really not sure which of the bosses is in charge for my case :D

pba! Your cover has been blown. We know u are Jon Shafer.
No matter how much you try, you cannot make us play Civ 5.
Not even if u give it away for free!!!

nah, j/k. Its a nice gesture to give it to someone else, instead of just letting it rot on the net.
:goodjob:

pba! Your cover has been blown. We know u are Jon Shafer.
No matter how much you try, you cannot make us play Civ 5.
Not even if u give it away for free!!!
:goodjob:

First reading your post i tried to look up who the heck is "John Schaefer" [sic]. (Used to live in Austria, but have no german keyboard now thus ae is german "umlaut")

I found thisthis :D

ok, ok now i know who you meant and men were i close for you to blow my cover :D

Congratulations. Beating the fierce motivation competition you really earned the game. I personally think you bribed The boss to tweak it for you. Can't prove it though :D

Just joking. PM me the account name you want the game gifted to.

Cheers

...snip...

From the european tomorrow on i will be 3 days in the mountains without net. So if you want the gift for this weekend you need to answer iin the next 12 hours or so. Otherwhise you'll get the gift in the european wednesday morning :)

cheers

Thank you but no thank you.

First reading your post i tried to look up who the heck is "John Schaefer" [sic]. (Used to live in Austria, but have no german keyboard now thus ae is german "umlaut")

I found thisthis :D

ok, ok now i know who you meant and men were i close for you to blow my cover :D

This made my day. :lol:
John is a serial killer of hardcore player.

To be serious, John Shafer is the lead of CiV. He was promising with his mod Final Frontier in BTS and was promoted to lead designer. For many, he flopped CiV and people got ultra angry and show their teeth.

Personally, I think it is sad how people rank others just on success. The failures and then you are the lowest of the lowest. One reason why the society is so unjust.

EDIT: Me too, a friend of mine in RL, proposed the same free Civ5 for buying a limit of games on steam.
I've still not given my final nod yet. I'm fine with CIV.

From the european tomorrow on i will be 3 days in the mountains without net. So if you want the gift for this weekend you need to answer iin the next 12 hours or so. Otherwhise you'll get the gift in the european wednesday morning :)

cheers

I am very much interested, but can,t message as this is a new account. I can wait thank you. I will message you as soon as my account lets me. Few more days I think! Enjoy your trek ;)

I also got free Civ 5 to give and this seems like a place where people would actually probably play it too! :lol:. Feel free to contact me through here or on Steam(same nick).

Personally, I think it is sad how people rank others just on success. The failures and then you are the lowest of the lowest. One reason why the society is so unjust.

I agree. It instantly goes from "he's fantastic!" to "here's horrible!". It's one thing to say, "I prefer Civ4, I have more fun playing it." But quite a few people go too far with the personal aspect of it. That's probably why a lot of well-known people don't read anything about themselves in the media.

(also, I already have Vanilla Civ5)

Wow, what an nice community. People giving stuff for FREE?!?!
:)

Anyways, how come people did get free civ5 when they bought XCOM?
Never heard of it, then again I don't follow civ5 forums...

Wow, what an nice community. People giving stuff for FREE?!?!
:)

Anyways, how come people did get free civ5 when they bought XCOM?
Never heard of it, then again I don't follow civ5 forums...

It was a preorder incentive. And giving away only worked on the 3rd attempt in different threads :). So I think the marketing guys got it right. Mind though that the gift is vanilla civ without G&K.

Top Bottom