Votes: 14 23.0%
  • 7-12

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 13-

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
It's about 3-4 hours a week now. I generally play more video games in the winter, when it's too cold for me to really go out during the week, and very few during the summer, when there are music festivals almost every night and my friends are all going out.

I'd get Journey if it was on PC.

Used to play a lot. Then I played never. Now I play a lot again. 4-6 hours a day.

If I'm in the middle of a really good game of civ or total war or something it will probably be like 13+ hours a week. Otherwise, not nearly that much.

I'm in the 3-5ish hours per week range right now. I sometimes play while watching Daily Show and Colbert, and I usually get a couple hours on the weekend to decompress. I've been transitioning more and more to pleasure reading.

Depends on the day and the week.

If I'm busy with a lot of work (and other things on my mind), then I can go a whole week without playing a single game (I fill my time with internet then).

If I've got a week with minimal homework, then I'll spend a good chunk of my free time gaming.

Couldn't estimate the hours though, and to be honest, I don't want to. My steam hours for various games are high enough :lol:

I have logged 4493 hours for Civ5 on steam. I have never played a Civ4 game, unless the DS version counts. I have played a couple Civ3 games. I have played hundreds of Civ2 games. I have played tens of Civ1 games. I have played Myst. I have played Outpost, all of "The New World" versions, some of the "Age Of Empires" renditions, and an old dos game Alien Legacy.

Varies dramatically.
This week: 0. I don't have anything to play atm, and to get more my Paypal account first needs to be confirmed. Happens also sometimes when I'm busy, or that there's just no desire.
But I can also easily rack up 3 or 4 hours per day (not during normal work weeks), or weekends with 16 hours.
Average? No idea.

I haven't quit playing altogether, but more or less quit strategy games. Either they have become too complicated, or I've just become simpler :/.

Probably too much. I guess for me it could almost be an addiction, considering how many games I own, and how many I own that I haven't played.

I don't really do anything else in the day, and some days I don't feel in the mood for playing games.

Argh, Steam. Let me know when it goes away. I don't suppose it ever will. But I don't like it.

Actually I'd quite like a look at that Journey game that came out this year, was it?

That looks rather different from the usual run of the mill kill everyone in sight.

edit: I've just had a look at Morrowind, but it's just an earlier version of Skyrim.

Trouble with all these games is they fall into a very few generic subtypes. Mainly of the collection variety I think. You collect stuff, and skills and, in much the same way as Civ, it's just a matter of clicking your way through some kind of maze, really. Same old thing. I get bored. Up ladders, down snakes. Racing games. Just stuff.
I take it neither of my suggestions tickle your fancy?
Does IOT count as gaming time.

Great question. Does CFC in general count? I treat it like a game (I'm going to beat kochman to the high score ;)) and it's displaced much of my game time.

I just realized that Hobbs is 1,000 posts off from surpassing me, and I've been registered for six more years than he has.

Yeah, CFC totally counts as a game for you. ;)

I just realized that Hobbs is <1,000 posts off from surpassing me, and I've been registered for six more years than he has.

Yeah, CFC totally counts as a game for you. ;)

FTFY
;)

I know, I'm sure people rue the day that I joined. I do think my biggest competition will be Borachio in my quest for the high score though.

Holy crap Hobbs you have a PPD of 32.65

At least 2 hours a day here. More now since it's the holidays and I'm at home all day for the next two months.

Holy crap Hobbs you have a PPD of 32.65
It's falling, I peaked at 40.

Anywhoo, I was hooked on Civ 5 for a while after G&K came out. Lately, I've been playing Kerbal Space Program and that's about it. I haven't been playing nearly as much as I used to play other games though. Committments and marriage take up a lot of my time. Oh those things and posting on CFC.

Top Bottom