And so too shall the white man be conquered by 2043

What the hell are you talking about, chitlins can't talk.

Yeah it's my pet name for our resident anti-immigrant poster who wants to build a border moat with crocs, landmines and machine guns to keep the brown people out. It seems fitting.

Brown people aren't a problem. No, the real threat is crab people.

If this scares you, you're a racist.

This isn't really news.

This.

When I was younger, I was slightly uncomfortable that the Muslim population in Denmark was growing.

I've eventually realized that it doesn't matter at all, really, and I've come to mostly question why people make these statistics in the first place.

I mean, even if some culture slowly declines or disappears, it's usually because it's not worth keeping. That's what's been happening for the length of human history anyways.

And so too shall the white man be conquered by 2043
I don't believe it.
By 2043, maybe the white man will be discovered. Maybe. At most we'll set foot on him. I highly doubt it'll ever go further.
Most probably, we'll get over without him. I don't think research indicates any benefits in pushing further development.

As an Asian, I wish to contribute to the Yellow Peril - the latinos and blacks shouldn't have all the fun!

Brown people aren't a problem. No, the real threat is crab people.

I saw a mudcrab the other day. Filthy creatures.

I have always held that no data on race should be taken nor retained, in the census, the governments on all levels or in any other than private hands.
And that from someone who complains that his district was gerrymandered to elect a black representative.

Private people should still be able to have resentments against blacks! But keep the government out of it, they could interfere with my bigotry!

Is dickheadery passed on genetically? Or is this a racist question?

Some are born dickheads, some achieve dickheadery, and some have dickheadery thrust upon them.

(I think Abraham Lincoln said that.)

MisterCooper:
I have always held that no data on race should be taken nor retained, in the census, the governments on all levels or in any other than private hands.
And that from someone who complains that his district was gerrymandered to elect a black representative.

Private people should still be able to have resentments against blacks! But keep the government out of it, they could interfere with my bigotry!

In fairness, if that data weren't taken in the census, it would be much more difficult to gerrymander a district so that [person of certain ethnicity] would be elected.

OP article said:
"...the U.S. will become the first major post-industrial society in the world where minorities will be the majority"

Implies there's stats for other major post-industrial societies. Wonder what they are? The same trend seems highly likely everywhere else there was a white baby boom, too.

In other news Muslims rose from 3.0% to 4.8% of the population in Britain.
It's happening. Just fiddle on...

Yes. You're right. Those are the figures, Quackers.

But:
1. Won't Muslim British people be uniquely British? Just like all other immigrants over the millennia have become?
2. Will Muslim numbers continue to rise at the same rate?
3. Will Muslim culture be transferred to 2nd and 3rd generations? Or will they become lazily irreligious like the rest of us?
4. Any other questions I haven't thought of yet?
5. Whatcha gonna do about it?

1) Some will. Then again, the "immigrants" we've had prior to 1948 have solely been other Europeans. People of a mainly Christian background (or Jewish) - I think this reduces the friction of cohabitation and intergration. The same cannot be said for people who come from a completely different culture and value sytem like Pakistan.
2) I don't know haven't seen the figures. Plotinus worked it out for me, at mid-2000 rates the Muslims will have a majority by 2100. Demographics are notoriously difficiult to estimate successfully, basically like a economic prediction - useless ;)
3) Yeah I think it will be. I did read somewhere that 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims are actually more strict and conservative then there forebearers. They don't drink, have a firmer view on homosexuals et al.
4) I'm pleading the 5th anyway - the Lord Joakim defense. I have a good friend who is a Pakistani Musselman ergo i'm clean of bigotry :lol:

the what now defense

edit: ah just read the rest of the sentence. well i can understand you have some kind of beef with me but it's not me who's claiming all sorts of moronic things about other people's statements all the time. that's you. my moronic claims speak for themselves, and they're never the kind of moronic you make them to be. so will you please stop trolling for reactions; it merely outlines how petty a person you can be.

In fairness, if that data weren't taken in the census, it would be much more difficult to gerrymander a district so that [person of certain ethnicity] would be elected.
Fair point.

I'm just not buying his narrative that government categorization is what creates the social perception of race and the consequent discrimination. I'm not too happy with the arbitrary criteria of what makes one "black" or "white", but in the end it quite accurately reflects the common perception of race. Surely there is some form of positive feedback loop involved in this behavior, but in the end if the government isn't even capable of figuring out the ethnic makeup of its cities and counties, it can do nothing to protect these minorities, and in the end they would be even worse off.

Top Bottom