Faith Ruins how often do you find them?

I've seen them a few times, but in my current game, I found 3 lots of techs ! AH, Sailing, and Masonry !!

I've never seen the fountain of youth either...

I've seen them a few times, but in my current game, I found 3 lots of techs ! AH, Sailing, and Masonry !!

I've never seen the fountain of youth either...

Speaking of which, I should add that free techs even occur more often for me than faith ruins. Even at Emperor.

Just last night I got 3 Faith ruins in a row again. I'm playing a Marathon game, so the magnitude of the ruins is greater. The first had 80 Faith and scored me a Pantheon. The other two were 190 Faith each. I'm well on my way to founding a religion.

Oh, and I'm playing the Byzantines. :)

No. And it could be indirectly rarer to find in GnK simply due to the addition of so many new faith natural wonders.

And it was rare already even in Vanilla: I actually got the achievement for finding X natural wonders across multiple playthrus before I found Fountain of Youth. I think I've only seen in a total of 3 games.

Its been my experience that I only find faith ruins after I have been lucky and popped 6-10 huts already. Its as if there is some kind of built in delay.

In my experience as an Emperor player, it's definitely lower than a 10% chance. I can only recall getting a faith ruin like 2 or 3 times in all my G&K games so far.

Just last night I got 3 Faith ruins in a row again. I'm playing a Marathon game, so the magnitude of the ruins is greater. The first had 80 Faith and scored me a Pantheon. The other two were 190 Faith each. I'm well on my way to founding a religion.

Oh, and I'm playing the Byzantines. :)

This is shocking. Are you using a mod or doing something else unusual?

This is shocking. Are you using a mod or doing something else unusual?

Nope. I usually get at least 1 Faith ruin per game. It's unusual for me to get none. I do like to run 2 scouts so I can find as many ruins as possible.

Wow. What maps and settings (aside from marathon) are you using?

Continents, Huge, Marathon. I don't mess around with the advanced settings. I play on Warlord. (I can beat harder difficulties, but I enjoy the empire building simulation more.)

Once.

I played a game a few days ago where I grabbed a ruin about 60 turns in and it gave me I think 20 faith. Because I had an awful start I decided to restart the map and go straight for the faith ruin, but the second time it was different ruin, even though all of the other ruins were exactly the same as in the first game.

I've never got a faith ruin in the first 30 turns before; it seems like once a ruin has been sitting on the ground for a while it has a chance to mature into a faith ruin.

Wargizmo, I don't think that is correct. I've certainly found faith ruins early on- although not very often.

Secondly, I think it is more likely a random generator that gives you whatever rather than having a preordained reward. For instance if you have a weapons upgrade you'll never get another one with the same unit so if you pop another ruin a weapon upgrade must be taken out of the generated reward list.

Maybe someone can answer with a bit more certainty though.

"I think it's impossible to get the faith ruins before you get your pantheon. "

This is not true i just got one in GOTM 51, and several times before.

"ruins are completely random, Anything can happen, they depend only on difficulty and nothing else...."

I am also pretty sure this is not true either. Are we have the dll source already? It is semi-random.

I just popped a 20 faith ruin on turn 20, giving me 22 faith and consequently the first pantheon, so take that for what it's worth.

I very rarely get faith ruins. The only time I get them 100% of the time, as someone mentioned here before, is when I play with Polynesia on an island-heavy map

Wargizmo, I don't think that is correct. I've certainly found faith ruins early on- although not very often.

Secondly, I think it is more likely a random generator that gives you whatever rather than having a preordained reward. For instance if you have a weapons upgrade you'll never get another one with the same unit so if you pop another ruin a weapon upgrade must be taken out of the generated reward list.

Maybe someone can answer with a bit more certainty though.

It's RNG determined; and easily demonstrated by in a turn you are going to discover a ruin, save the game before popping it.
Then re-load and DON'T pop it that turn, but wait until next turn.
Most of the time it will be different.

Here's another demonstration but requires there to be two ruins you can pop the same turn. Save the game before popping either one. Then pop both.
Re-load, but this time within this turn pop them in reverse order. Notice that you got the rewards in the same order either though they were from different ruins.

In the game I'm playing now I popped about 100 ruins (Askia, emperor, huge marathon highlands, raging barbs). First faith ruin went into desert folklore, the next two (with a value of 190) + my own faith generation gave me a GP. As I was way in front of the religion race, I wanted to settle some more desert cities before founding (and loosing the auto-pantheon in the new cities). GP was parked, an the next faith ruins gave 290 faith. That way the next GP was popped, and also parked. More faith ruins were popped with a value of 490 => third GP. After popping another ruin with 790! faith I couldn't resist any more. I founded, enhanced, bought a pagoda in my cap and sent the last GP to convert. That somehow stopped faith to appear in ruins, the 20 next gave other stuff.

Top Bottom