NESCraft

Immaculate
herblore, spiritual
dwelling, linen matress, lit fire, two garden patches, hoe, ax

3APs:
1AP: Secure dwelling so it does not fall down in the storm.
then
-If garden washed away

1 AP: replant garden from seeds and shoots that have been washed out of the garden.
1 AP: tend a patch of garden and eat some food. (seeing as how i've been a little hungry but consistantly well rested lately- i think i'd rather eat then sleep)
-If garden not washed away
1AP: tend a patch of garden and eat some food.
1AP: rest

If a pretty girl comes in from the storm, then offer her my woven reed linens to help her dry off and if my fire is still on, offer her its comfort. If i have any food, feed her, preferably from the fire if its still going. .
Also try to explain the pact i have- from the vision when i wanted to kill the tiger- that i would not be hunted if i did not upset the balance.
Snuggle?

thomas.berubeg

First thing upon arriving in this world, you seek to arm yourself with a stone axe. It is a blazing sunny day, with a gentle salty breeze rolling in from the waves, as you wander along the golden sandy beach, looking for some suitable rocks. You find some beneath some trees, not far from shore. But you have a Lucky escape as a giant snake attempts to ambush you. You are able to craft yourself an axe by mid-day.

Under the scorching sun, you go running north-east along the beach, increasingly grateful for that cooling breeze. You are able to collect some fruits and shellfish along the way. As evening approaches, you are exhausted. You make your way inland to find a sheltered tree to sleep in, cautious of shapes moving in the looming shadows. You do not get much sleep, for fear of the strange noises echoing around you, and the many biting insects assaulting your skin.

You are stirred by the dawn chorus. As the sun rises, you can see that you are not far from the inland edge of the jungle, where a dry dusty plain stretches into the north. A large plateau also rises in the north-west. You have 3AP, but are still feeling tired from yesterday.

1 AP: Create a Stone Spear
1 AP: Go hunt that large Horned animal, distracting it and throwing rocks, and keeping out of it's reach. If I have to sacrifice my spear by throwing it from a distance, do so, but once the animal is dead, recover it. Once it is dead, Skin it and eat some meat. Hide what I can't eat, as well as any hide and bone I can't carry with me under I pile of grasses,stones, and whatnot. I'll come back to it tomorrow and make some clothes/armor.
1 AP: Retreat back to my tree to sleep.

Note: Be careful about dangerous snakes and predators throughout the day.

So... I have 1 AP?

Does that mean I die from starvation or exhaustion? Can't go for both with 1 AP.

Nintz- you and optical should work together to kill a sheep. Together you might have success and cooked over a fire it should be very nourishing for both of you- maybe even into tomorrow if you are lucky and catch two. With a thick wooly hide to pull around you and a full belly, you shouldn't have to worry about exposure as much. Then maybe you can pull ahead of this cycle of exposure/starvation.
You might lose AP to not being rested but at least you won't die and you'll have more AP tomorrow (with the den, the hide and the fire to fight the exposure and the food i your belly to fight the starvation).

Hunger contributes to tiredness (and rarely the other way around), so you probably need to address that first.

Nintz, I know its not exactly a fair game!

I didn't want to be like 'do this and this to survive'. But you and Optical have a lack of clothes in a cold climate that has sapped your strength over time, chilling you whenever you leave the fireplace. This, compounded by injury. You also have the slender and less thermoefficient build. Less hardy humans would already be dead. Omega124 has the same climate, but is a bit better protected thanks to that custom-fitted deer hide.

I would say, either eat Optical (!), or get him to help you out somehow! EDIT: or what Immac said ^^

Well. There's not exactly time for clothes when I am starving. :cringe:

1 AP on finishing my stone hut
1 AP on fishing up on the river again
1 AP sleeping in my newly constructed home

Free actions: Haul everything into my new hut; cook and eat the fish

Spoiler :

Orders - 2 AP
braveheart, warrior

1 AP - Hunt the dog/fox south of me, to eat, using the dirt towers for sneaky cover. If the dog/fox escapes, then I'll kill and eat that lizard just beside him. Surely he can't escape me.
1 AP - Sleep under the shade of the short bush/tree west of the dirt towers (where the bird is perched).

Merciary

1 AP: Craft a stone Ax
1 AP: Use the Ax, leave the knife at the fire for right now, to gather some wood from the non-apple trees
1 AP: Try my luck at hunting the boar again. Leave the Ax with the wood and grab the Knife. If I'm successful bring the boar back to the fire to process. If I'm not successful grab some apples on the way back. Share my food with Herobrine if she is still around
1 AP: Sleep and if the wolves come back offer them some meat ( I'm assuming this is the only reason the show up)

Herobrine could you try and start using some of the timber I'm going to gather?

@Merciary- :lol: I was just about to suggest someone to gather timber for a dwelling. So yes, I will get straight to work on building one.
~ The Wolf Forest ~

Lord_Herobrine: You venture north to find the stranger, carrying a fish-bone necklace you have spent all morning making. It is a long walk through the woods and meadows, seeking the place where you had seen a distant fire in the night. You arrive just as the sun is beginning to set again. You see his fire and his deer hide, but he is not there. You are about to leave when he appears out of nowhere, startling you. Nonetheless, you stand your ground and offer him your gift as you greet each other. You seem to put each other at ease, and he shares fruit with you from his backpack. You spend a mostly comfortable night by the fire, sharing half a deer hide blanket for extra warmth. You wake with 3AP. Your legs continue to mend, as despite all the walking, they are just a little sore this morning.

ORDERS
-Wait for the man to collect some timber from the nearby trees, then start building the foundations of a wooden dwelling. (2AP)
-Sleep in what I hope will be a finished dwelling. (1AP)
-Free Action: Relight his fire if it is not already lit.

Also, accept any gifts/food the man may give and allow him to sleep near me. :mischief:

Oh happy day! First the updated list, then my orders.

The Waiting List

(in order of application and/or death)

bonefang (has now posted a template, but further down)
TerrisH
Eltain II
lopaz
Justo
noob (Trix)
Talonschild II
Arrow Gamer II
Chinese Warlord
Milarqui II
Ekolite (needs template)

---

Thlayli: (3 AP)

• 1 AP - Create snares for small animals. Awakening with the ideas of the Great Light in my mind, and also slightly peckish, I use my Crafty nature to design an animal snare which will capture snowbunnies for my eating pleasure. If my Builder nature permits it, create several such snares and place them all around my camp. Leave tasty-looking berries and grasses as bait.
  • 1 AP - Gathering sticks and stones, light a fire inside that cave, henceforth to be named Firecave. If there are any inhabitants, use a burning brand and wafting smoke to drive them out. (If it can be done as a free action, pile stones at cave entrance to make it harder for large beasts to enter.)
  • 1 AP - Sleep inside Firecave, gaining warmth and rest for the next day. I will check my traps and eat whatever they have caught tomorrow. For now, I require sleep.

Nintz

1 AP: Suicide-attack the sheep on the hill slightly to the west. Spear it. A lot. Hopefully Optical will help me carry it back and cook it. Please?

0 AP: Pass Out/Die from Starvation

LOL

5 char.

Overture

She stared around her. The wind whistled slightly, reminding her of universes and times that had never existed.

She saw the future of this place. Magic, technology, ruins, revelations, cities, empires, gods, men.

In the future she knew, as the wind blew her hair and prickled her skin into goosebumps, her generation would be the spirit-fathers of all to come. Most wandered the land seeking satiation, temporary pleasures, comforts. Hers was a greater goal. She would not be remembered as an aimless, artless wanderer. No, not indeed. She was to be the Mother of Artifice. She was to be the Queen of Invention.

So even as the cold sliced like a knife through her unprotected flesh, her fingers began to work, stripping plant fibers, weaving sticks. The ideas would take experimentation and practice to realize, but the spirits had already placed them there. She was chosen. She was special.

She was alive.

Oh happy day! First the updated list, then my orders.

The Waiting List

(in order of application and/or death)

bonefang (has now posted a template, but further down)
TerrisH
Eltain II
lopaz
Justo
noob (Trix)
Talonschild II
Arrow Gamer II
Chinese Warlord
Milarqui II

---

You're missing Ekolite.

OOC: Do I have enough extra hide to make a belt and still be able to wear a hide?

How friendly does the fox seem to be hmm?

Do I have enough bone to make ornaments?

@MoreEpicThanYou, I think you're to my east. Come west! We can work together!

OOC:mad:Daft, please answer! :)

theDright

You have a successful and uneventful day; building a sheltered campfire near the top of the hill, and finding fruit, seeds and insects to eat. You roast some particularly large insect grubs by the fire before getting to sleep. You are rather comfortable with the blanket and fire to keep the night's chill off your body, feeling safer and with fewer insects than down on the plain. After skipping sleep the previous day, you have some well-needed rest.

You awake with 3AP. You are rather cautious of a noisy troop of large baboon-apes that have occupied the area you foraged in yesterday.

1 AP: With my Linen wrapped around my body, my large Stick and Stone Tools go to the Rocks in the east and, much like my Stone Tools before, craft a Stone Spear with the Rocks and the large Stick.

1 AP: Go and hunt a reindeer in the west, using the Grass and Flowers as concealment to approach. If I am unable to kill a reindeer after some effort however, spend the rest of the time foraging in the Grass and Flowers, using the Stone Tools and Stone Spear as I did before to ease and quicken my ability to find food. If I am able to kill a reindeer, butcher it where it lies, put the Meat, Bones, Antlers, and Stone Tools in the Hide and then drag it back to camp. Whichever food I have, cook it on the fire and eat it, while setting up some Sticks as a drying rack if I have enough additional to dry. Spread Sticks around the campsite further down the hill to deter animals and provide further advanced warning, as I did yesterday as well.

1 AP: With Stone Tools, Stone Spear, and Fire within easy reach, fall asleep using the Linen, and if desired, the Hide as matresses/blankets. The drying rack will be next to the Fire, but not next to me.

Avoid predators throughout the day, and make sure the baboons know to stay away if they become overly curious.

Cool stuff guys :)

INFO: I have added a list of living, dead and waiting players to the front page. I've also listed age, equipment and traits for the living players. I have not included things like campfires, caves and half-built dwellings. Nobody yet has any meaningful food reserves on them.

QUESTION: how should I handle the option of letting players play as a child born in-game? I am thinking the equation should be: whoever is most closely blood related from their last character (not applicable yet), ELSE is highest in the waiting list, AND has also specifically expressed interest in playing the child.

I've talked about this with some people, I have in mind a 3-day long growing up process: 1 turn helpless baby, 1 turn plucky child, and 1-turn adolescent, before becoming adult. Which means the maximum life span of someone born in-game would be 11 turns (8 adult +3 growing up). Most likely, there is a way to gain extra traits along the way.

Now, sorry for the missed questions:

OOC: Do I have enough extra hide to make a belt and still be able to wear a hide?

How friendly does the fox seem to be hmm?

Do I have enough bone to make ornaments?

@Alex: 'fraid not, a belt has to 'consume' the hide, else you can have infinite belts or I need to differentiate and keep track of various used portions = headache!

The fox is friendly enough to get close to you and take food from you, that is all I can say.

With a recent kill, you have enough bone to make bone ornaments or artistic bone tools (less durable than stone tools), bones carved like runestones to use in divination, or various other small items you might imagine!

Do ghost actions not count? Because I tried to lure rabbits to J.K.

@Arrow Gamer I did take this into account, however the rabbits are still afraid of the big tall human, that they can easily spot on the open plain. In the absence of any special luck (lucky dice roll) it did not come to anything this time.

Top Bottom