elder scrolls mod development thread

A friend and I have been playing this mod quite a bit over the last few weeks, both v.17 and v.18., and have found it to be very solid. The new additions to the current version are top-notch. The units,the leaders and the flags are great! And I cannot wait for the "new" barbarian units!!

wow thanks! Thats the best thing I can hear, people playing the mod :)

So far the only "bugs" that we have found are:
1.There is something glitchy with the Orcs and the gold. For some reason, and the timing of it varies, the Orcs gold goes nuts. You can have 100% research, be "losing" 200 gold per turn, and will still recieve rather large amounts of gold every turn. I don't know if this is something leftover from the earlier version when Orcs couldn't build settlers or what. I have checked out the XML files and am drawing a blank. It's a great bug if you play as the Orcs, but if not, it kinda sucks,lol.
2.While playing as the Redguards, at a certain point in the game, the workers lose they're legs, and they are replaced by little black domes which makes them look like they're wearing dresses,lol. Just a missing texture issue, no big deal. It's actually kind of funny. Also, after building a settler once in the capitol, all of the interface buttons for that unit disappeared as well as the ability to manage the city tiles. The settler still worked but I had to use keyboard shortcuts in order to build a city. But then the game crashed not long after that so that one may be a little more serious. And finally...
3. The Ghostfence...after the hysterical one from v. 17 (I'm laughing with you,not at you Smortt.lol), I decided to try it out on v. 18. This time nothing appeared, and the barbarians just kept coming. No big deal for us since we play with raging barbs and disdain The Great Wall, but some people don't like to be harassed by the natives,as it were.
4. Sorry, I just remembered another little issue. In the new version,when playing the scenario mode, no matter what civ player 1 is playing as, they always start out in Morrowind?!? The other civs seem to start out kind of near where they are "supposed" to and sometimes not. I found it strange,since in v. 17, all the starting locations were dead on. Again, not that big of a deal, I'm sure it's an easy fix, but it is annoying if your trying to "role-play" it.

Something tells me that changing the starting position for the Nords might need to happen, now that the capitol name has been remedied. Minor nitpick.
5. Also, War Mages still give me interface issues when I build them. Just, ah... thought I'd share.

thx for the bugs reports, keep them coming, I'll see what I can do in a few days :):)
1. I'll check that, no idea
2. The worker I know. The settler, no idea
3. ghostfence is not the great wall, it's not against barbs :) I plan on writing civilpoedia entries and descriptions for everything... that's a huge amount of work.
4. I don't know :confused: the changes had nothing to do with that. Perhaps clear the cache?
5. Yeah, I know... some problem with the graphics

wow thanks! Thats the best thing I can hear, people playing the mod :)

thx for the bugs reports, keep them coming, I'll see what I can do in a few days :):)
1. I'll check that, no idea
2. The worker I know. The settler, no idea
3. ghostfence is not the great wall, it's not against barbs :) I plan on writing civilpoedia entries and descriptions for everything... that's a huge amount of work.
4. I don't know :confused: the changes had nothing to do with that. Perhaps clear the cache?
5. Yeah, I know... some problem with the graphics

No smortt,all the thanks goes to you and everyone else who has done all the hard work! We are naught but humble players.:)

1:Yeah, the Orc gold thing has me stumped. I thought it might have been the same issue that was giving the Argonians and Bosmer so much gold,but all looks good in xml.:confused:
3:Noobish mistake on my part.Didn't really pay attention to what it said it added.I just assumed it was a Great Wall replacement,and we know what they say when you "assume" something,lol!
4:Tried that as well as reinstalling the mod itself to no avail.The only thing I haven't done is reinstall Civ,which I can't because I no longer have the disc.It "might" be due to my version not being patched to v. 3.19. I've tried to use the patch, but it says it can't find Civ on my pc!:confused:

All problems in model and animations. Take my model of settler, and animation from the standard. Should work.
oh sorry... problem with redguard or orchish settler?

The Redguard settler is the one that gave me issues.

Try patching from in-game... :)

Holy wow, are the Orcs overpowered now. Might wanna restrict their some of their benefits now that they get settlers, because now they surpass even the Wood Elves in their expansive ways... currently playing the Nords, with both the Bretons and the Imperials vassals under the Orcs O.o Was playing the Dark Elves, but the Nords just ended up being vassals to them too...

Maybe triple cost settler..... And reduce their bonuses...

Settler cost IS triple... of course I can make it even higher...

EDIT: oh I know what happened... settlers cost is handled differently...

They have huge production bonuses, mainly in the capital.

How did they do without settlers? Did they ever conquer barbarian cities? Did they declare wars?
I still like the no settlers idea... Perhaps together wqith making gortwog really violent

-- fixed redguard workers.
-- Fixed redguard settlers by reverting to the original animation.
-- No idea how to fix the Warmage interface problem
-- tuned down the bosmer boni (now only -50% civic upkeep, as opposed to -70%)
-- added: undead might spawn after killing barbarians... now I just need Ramzay's undead units

-- fixed redguard workers.
-- Fixed redguard settlers by reverting to the original animation.
-- No idea how to fix the Warmage interface problem
-- tuned down the bosmer boni (now only -50% civic upkeep, as opposed to -70%)
-- added: undead might spawn after killing barbarians... now I just need Ramzay's undead units

Well, undead units will not soon, I have not enough free time. But at me is, than you to please:)

Amazing units!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in awhile.Was having internet issues.Just a little update on the bugs.The Redguards are definitely having some interface issues with settlers and horse archers and the game continues to crash when thier civ is included in the game.On the starting location problem,just to make sure it wasn't on my end, I removed 18 and put 17 back in and everyone was where they were supposed to be.Then reversed the process and the problem persists.

Still though, having a great time with this mod! I agree that the Orcs are just ridiculously overpowered. I think your right smortt...,get rid of the settlers,let the Orcs be the barbarians they were meant to be,lol! And Ramzay...,those units are just plain amazing! I hope you get some free time soon to work on the undead and daedra units. And here is a thought smortt. How about the daedra as a playable civ? I think that would be awesome.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.Talk to you guys soon.

Ships for Tamriel

Human Ships

Elven Ships

Animal Ships

Redguard Xebec and Nordic Drakkar

View attachment ships.rar

Humans galley and trireme - ambrox62
Human caravel - RG retex
Human galleon - my retexture of Dutch EastIndiaMan
Drakkar - my retexture of viking boat from Realism invictus
Xebec - Refar
Animal ships - Chuggi
Elven ships - from "Asian Ship Project v4.0"

Ok. Umm...how would I go about doing that?:confused:

Go to the options part of the meny, and click update or check for update or whatever it's called... You'll notce it.

Playing Warlord difficulty, as the Dark Elves. Have all of Morrowind and Vvardenfell, a large chunk of Black Marsh, and eastern Skyrim including Solstheim under my control. Orcs surpass me by 300 points and span from Imperial City to High Rock, and I beat them in Numidium victory by two turns. Yeeeeaaaah methinks nerfing in in order. Probably make it so their Palace doesn't grant +25% production, increase the +1:hammers: on plots with 3 to maybe plots with 4 or 5? And remove the +2 :health: and :c5happy: in all cities?

Top Bottom