A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Can you give an advantage to a House for City States that are Vassals (in the show/book) to that House or near that House? It should be easier for House Stark to ally with White Harbor (for example) and harder to ally with a city state from south.

Can you give an advantage to a House for City States that are Vassals (in the show/book) to that House or near that House? It should be easier for House Stark to ally with White Harbor (for example) and harder to ally with a city state from south.

The idea is not bad however I dont think there is a need for something like that, considering the big dimensions of the map. Anyway this can always be realized in a second moment.

There`s a guy on steam, IIMatteo, that makes new civilization mods from A song of ice and fire: ASOIAF House Stark, ASOIAF Children of the Forest, ASOIAF White Walkers, ASOIAF The First Men and others Houses. Maybe you can incorporate them in your mod and help you to work lesser at this.
Can you announce a relesase date of this mod? :bowdown:

There`s a guy on steam, IIMatteo, that makes new civilization mods from A song of ice and fire: ASOIAF House Stark, ASOIAF Children of the Forest, ASOIAF White Walkers, ASOIAF The First Men and others Houses. Maybe you can incorporate them in your mod and help you to work lesser at this.
Can you announce a relesase date of this mod? :bowdown:

The Houses are all already done (only Boltons incomplete) and present on the Workshop (private mode :p).
Spoiler :

I will release them soon, followed by the mod in the next two weeks. However Events & Decision and Map Labels support is not yet done.
The DLL changes to add new resolutions and a Marriage between Houses is not yet done.
The DLL changes to make Kings Landing a special city state (crucial for both diplomatic and domination victory), with the AI understanding this, are already coded, but will not be present at the launch (need a merge with CP DLL)

Just wondering but have you thought about adding some form of Cultural Diversity and Civ IV leader traits support for this mod in later releases? The reason I ask is because I was tossing around ideas in my head and came up with these traits based off of what you've already shown. Its not a complete list since I haven't thought up traits for all houses but here is what I have so far:

House Lannister: :commerce: Financial and :c5trade: Mercantile
House Stark: :c5strength: Protective and :c5happy: Charismatic
House Tyrell :c5food: Expansive (because "Growing Strong") and :c5trade: Mercantile
House Martell :c5strength: Protective
House Baratheon (Stannis) :c5citystate: Imperialistic and :c5faith: Spiritual
House Baratheon (Renly) :c5happy: Charismatic and :c5influence: Diplomatic

Hopefully these ideas will be considered if you do decide to add some support for that mod. I'm having a harder time trying to figure out possible ideas for Cultural Diversity.

Just wondering but have you thought about adding some form of Cultural Diversity and Civ IV leader traits support for this mod in later releases? The reason I ask is because I was tossing around ideas in my head and came up with these traits based off of what you've already shown. Its not a complete list since I haven't thought up traits for all houses but here is what I have so far:

House Lannister: :commerce: Financial and :c5trade: Mercantile
House Stark: :c5strength: Protective and :c5happy: Charismatic
House Tyrell :c5food: Expansive (because "Growing Strong") and :c5trade: Mercantile
House Martell :c5strength: Protective
House Baratheon (Stannis) :c5citystate: Imperialistic and :c5faith: Spiritual
House Baratheon (Renly) :c5happy: Charismatic and :c5influence: Diplomatic

Hopefully these ideas will be considered if you do decide to add some support for that mod. I'm having a harder time trying to figure out possible ideas for Cultural Diversity.

Done!

Also:
House Arryn: :c5culture: Creative and :c5strength: Protective
House Greyjoy: :c5war: Aggressive and :c5moves: Seafaring

So you make The House Bolton a Civilization? In the first page is presented like a City State.
Yes, I made the Boltons as a Major Civ too.

Nice! Here are a couple ideas for Bolton and Tully. Also, I would suggest looking to adding :c5science: Innovative into House Martell to reflect their use of poisons.

House Tully: :c5influence: Diplomatic and either :c5war: Aggressive (for Brynden) or :c5trade: Mercantile (for Edmure).
House Bolton: :c5war: Aggressive and :c5citystate: Imperialistic

I have no clue what you have planned for Bolton as far as UA and the like so my idea for Bolton may or may not make them overpowered.

As far as events and decisions go a few ones that I have thought of were civ specific ones. For example, The Rains of Castamere could be a way for the Lannisters to force tribute from city states. Depending if you decide to include House Targaryen, you could always add an event where there your civ hears of her wedding with Khal Drogo or her expansion throughout Essos.

First of all AWESOME mod, great ideas.:goodjob:
I just want to know what do you intend to do with House Bolton. Will they be part of same team with Stark then suddenly declare war after a while. Maybe the best thing to do would be to do it like RED WWII mod where player can't declare war against anybody unless the script declares war for them. It would be cool to do that. SO Bolton would be at war with Lannister like the Stark then during the war they'll make peace with Lannister then declare war against Stark. ;)
Also maybe you can add the Frey into it as well since they play a big part like the Boltons. Also I agree with you on this that there shouldn't be any Targarynes or wildlings because none of it has anything to do with War of five kings. However some of the free cities in Essos should be there for trading issues, maybe Summer Islander as well as simply city states.
I didn't see the map for this. Are you planning to make it like putting the Capital of each civ in True start location then letting the AI build its city where ever it wants or to give the specific cities to all civs, disable settlers......... The latter maybe appropriate because that way you can have few powerful cities in big spaces also makes the conquest slightly quicker otherwise playing with same civ in same age for so long can get boring.
Thank you for making this mods. Season 5 of Game of thrones got me really hyped so I am awaiting eagerly.:D

The Houses are all already done (only Boltons incomplete) and present on the Workshop (private mode :p).
Spoiler :

I will release them soon, followed by the mod in the next two weeks. However Events & Decision and Map Labels support is not yet done.
The DLL changes to add new resolutions and a Marriage between Houses is not yet done.
The DLL changes to make Kings Landing a special city state (crucial for both diplomatic and domination victory), with the AI understanding this, are already coded, but will not be present at the launch (need a merge with CP DLL)

AWESOME been gone off civ for a minute cool to see you followed up on alot of stuff.

Also GREAT to see you kept the marry families idea. Can't wait to hop back in Civ and play this mod!

First of all AWESOME mod, great ideas.:goodjob:
I just want to know what do you intend to do with House Bolton. Will they be part of same team with Stark then suddenly declare war after a while. Maybe the best thing to do would be to do it like RED WWII mod where player can't declare war against anybody unless the script declares war for them. It would be cool to do that. SO Bolton would be at war with Lannister like the Stark then during the war they'll make peace with Lannister then declare war against Stark. ;)
Also maybe you can add the Frey into it as well since they play a big part like the Boltons. Also I agree with you on this that there shouldn't be any Targarynes or wildlings because none of it has anything to do with War of five kings. However some of the free cities in Essos should be there for trading issues, maybe Summer Islander as well as simply city states.
I didn't see the map for this. Are you planning to make it like putting the Capital of each civ in True start location then letting the AI build its city where ever it wants or to give the specific cities to all civs, disable settlers......... The latter maybe appropriate because that way you can have few powerful cities in big spaces also makes the conquest slightly quicker otherwise playing with same civ in same age for so long can get boring.
Thank you for making this mods. Season 5 of Game of thrones got me really hyped so I am awaiting eagerly.:D

To do a bit of clarity, actually you can start two types of game (the aim of the mod is to have one day many scenarios available like War of Conquest, War of the Ninepenny Kings, Greyjoy Rebellion etc):

Standard Game
Spoiler :

Develop your civilization from the Ancient Era (Age of Heroes) to the Medieval one (Age of SK). All victory types are available, it is like a "normal" game, but in the ASoIaF setting. You may chose to have random start locations or fixed ones (this only apply for majors, minor houses will always placed at their original spot).
I could also rename it "Westeros' Tales".

War of the Five Kings Scenario
Spoiler :

Age of SK, 298 AD. 100 turns limit. Playable Civs: Baratheon, Greyjoy, Lannister, Stark. Cities and some troops already assigned. Research disabled, Time/Domination victory only.

Relationships:

• House Baratheon and Tyrell are an allied team that start at war with House Lannister and the cadet branch at Dragonstone.
  • House Stark and Tully are an allied team that start at war with House Lannister and House Greyjoy.
  • House Greyjoy starts at war with House Lannister and House Stark
  • House Lannister starts at war with everybody except House Arryn and Martell, that are neutral

Victory Conditions:
Stannis and Renly Baratheon both claim the Iron Throne, defended by House Lannister
Robb claims the titles of King in the North and King of the Trident and Balon claims to be King of the Isles and the North.

All the players must control their original capital to be able to win.

Balon wins by conquering and controlling Winterfell
Renly and Stannis both win by conquering and controlling King's Landing
Robb wins by conquering Casterly Rock and maintaining the control of Riverrun????
Tywin wins by maintaining the control of King's Landing

If none of these conditions occur, the winner is the civ with the most points when the 100 turns are complete.

Please express your ideas about the relationships and the victory conditions, or about the scenario in general (number of turns, policy and happiness systems disabled or not, one city challenge as additional option, etc)

I think that victory conditions of Renly and Stannis are easier that other players conditions. Maybe after controlling King`s Landing to maintain the city for a number of turns, or to be voted in a Westeros Council the King (Like a Diplomatic Victory).
Also I`d like more than 100 turns at War of the Five Kings Scenario.

Thank you for replying to my comment. I am really :eek: surprised at the grandness of this mod:goodjob:. I have a few suggestion for this mod hope you will read them:D.
1. It would be better to make it a 150 or better yet 200 turn mod, I am not sure about the situation of the war in here. If I will start with a lot of troops then I guess 100 turn will be good time for the game however 100 turn may still be too short.
2. I don't know which house Baratheon would be available here, I hope it's Stannis, as for Renly he never did anything in war of five kings he simply was an ally under Tyrells, so maybe he should be a city state in Storm's End.
3. I do think Tyrell should be at peace with Lannister. They never fight them in the show. There's no need to make them playable since they never really capture Kings Landing anyway or even try to:lol:. They simply marries their daughter.
4. Dragonstone should be an island that way Lannister won't capture it via siege. None of them (lannisters) really has any ship on the eastern coast.
5. I don't know how big the Iron Island is however they should be bigger than they originally are so that Ironborn can create strong enough troops and economy.
6. Greyjoys shouldn't be at war with Tully or Lannisters, if they are than AI might send their troops at them which would be weird. It only should be against the Starks and later the Boltons.
7. Maybe Kings landing should another civ like Venice with Cersiei Lannister as its leader and Gold Cloak[Pikeman], Wildfire Dormon as it UU, They can be part of the same team with Lannisters.
8. Nobody should be able to become ally with Night's Watch, City states in Westerland should start as allies of Lannisters, city states in north allies of Stark, same case with Riverlands and Reach. If you don't want to put the "Shadow Child" script [below in script suggestion] maybe you can make all the city states in stromland allies of Stannis.
9. If you do make it only hundred turns then this mod should be about after season 1 of the show where several Greyjoys troops are on their way to North, All Starks and most Boltons are south in riverland, riverlands is pillaged, Stannis starts with all the power of stormsland and Dragonstone with him.
10. This scenarios should be about war so wonder building shouldn't be an option instead you can place where they already belong like Red keep and Septs of Baelor in Kings Landing also Citadel in Oldtown.
Scripts Suggestion,
1.Shadow child: If you made Storm's End a city state then it and all the other city state will become ally with Stannis for a duration of time, Hosue Florent in Reach too, they don't all have to be military state however after they declare themselves they must give him a lot of troops to fight Tyrells and Lannisters. If Renly is a civ then they should be Venice like with one civ under siege by Stannis
2. New Allaince: Lannisters and Tyrells should become allies or maybe they can be neutrals who fight the common enemies no need for any script then.
3. Broken Pact: Frey if they are a civ will make peace with Lannisters by breaking their alliance with Stark because Robb not marrying a Frey girl. I really hope you make them a civ they have big part in it.
4. Red wedding: Frey and Boltons declare war aginst Stark and Tullys. Also Boltons make peace with the Lannisters.
Other scripts: Technically War of five Kings still continues with Stannis being alive. However other events like (SPOILER[not really]) faith militant, Euron Greyjoy, Stannis on the wall should be part of another mod.
There's a lot of suggestion that I can give however it is easy to say, harder to do so. I won't put pressure on you. I don't know which mod is the best for Civ 5 I guess it's RED WWII with several scenarios and scripts, however I am sure you can make this one even better if you complete this scenario. Reply to me, please tell me what do you thinks about my suggestion especially about the scripts. Also kindly give an update on the mod. Once again thanks fotr this great work my favorite tv show in my favorite game in a properly made mod:crazyeye: This will be great.

Also the Victory condition:
1. Lannister: Maintain Casterly Rock and King's Landing if King's Landing is not another player otherwise it should be about securing King's Landing under its true owner[Cersei], also capturing Riverrun to make sure the demise of Starks and Tullys in riverlands.
2. Strak: Maintain Winterfell ,capture Casterly Rock. You can add ensuring Riverrun's safety if you wish to put extra efforts.
3. Stannis: Maintain Dragonstone, capture King's landing. Also capture Storm's End since Storm's End is Barartheon's seat.
4. Greyjoy: Maintain Pyke, capture Winterfell.
All of this conditions time limit should be 100 turns or 150 or 200 your choice. Their should be no points victory. For example Lannister needs to maintain King's Landing and Casterly Rock and capture Riverrun in the limited turns, otherwise they lose even if they have most points. If they loose control of lets say King's Landing then they'll have to capture it before the time to ensure victory. This makes the game more challenging.

I think that victory conditions of Renly and Stannis are easier that other players conditions. Maybe after controlling King`s Landing to maintain the city for a number of turns, or to be voted in a Westeros Council the King (Like a Diplomatic Victory).
Also I`d like more than 100 turns at War of the Five Kings Scenario.

The Victory Conditions are not instantaneous, I taken it for granted that you have to control the city for many turns. King's Landing can always become more than hard to conquer thanks to the scripting powers :p

1. It would be better to make it a 150 or better yet 200 turn mod, I am not sure about the situation of the war in here. If I will start with a lot of troops then I guess 100 turn will be good time for the game however 100 turn may still be too short.
2. I don't know which house Baratheon would be available here, I hope it's Stannis, as for Renly he never did anything in war of five kings he simply was an ally under Tyrells, so maybe he should be a city state in Storm's End.
3. I do think Tyrell should be at peace with Lannister. They never fight them in the show. There's no need to make them playable since they never really capture Kings Landing anyway or even try to:lol:. They simply marries their daughter.
4. Dragonstone should be an island that way Lannister won't capture it via siege. None of them (lannisters) really has any ship on the eastern coast.
5. I don't know how big the Iron Island is however they should be bigger than they originally are so that Ironborn can create strong enough troops and economy.
6. Greyjoys shouldn't be at war with Tully or Lannisters, if they are than AI might send their troops at them which would be weird. It only should be against the Starks and later the Boltons.
7. Maybe Kings landing should another civ like Venice with Cersiei Lannister as its leader and Gold Cloak[Pikeman], Wildfire Dormon as it UU, They can be part of the same team with Lannisters.
8. Nobody should be able to become ally with Night's Watch, City states in Westerland should start as allies of Lannisters, city states in north allies of Stark, same case with Riverlands and Reach. If you don't want to put the "Shadow Child" script [below in script suggestion] maybe you can make all the city states in stromland allies of Stannis.
9. If you do make it only hundred turns then this mod should be about after season 1 of the show where several Greyjoys troops are on their way to North, All Starks and most Boltons are south in riverland, riverlands is pillaged, Stannis starts with all the power of stormsland and Dragonstone with him.
10. This scenarios should be about war so wonder building shouldn't be an option instead you can place where they already belong like Red keep and Septs of Baelor in Kings Landing also Citadel in Oldtown.

1. I have not yet decided the amount of soldiers with which each civ starts, surely this can vary depending on the difficulty chosen. Let's assume 150 turns for now.
2. Both of them. Without the Melisandre's powers, Renly would win the war with his army of 100,000 men marching slowly on King's Landing, while the Lannisters and Starks fought each other in the Riverlands. No one could oppose an army of equal size, think that the Stannis's army counted less than 10,000 men (he had a considerable fleet however). I believe it's right to give the player the possibility of rewrite the history, this is still Civ5 at the end.
3. The only playable civs are: Baratheon (both), Greyjoy, Lannister and Stark.
It's true that they never fight the Lannisters, but only at cause of the sudden death of Renly, otherwise they would have had to necessarily defeat them. Remember that Mace gave his daughter Margaery in marriage to Renly, loved by the people unlike Stannis and Joffrey, with the purpose of making his House part of the royal family (shift from Baratheon-Lannister to Baratheon-Tyrell). The best thing would be to make that if the Renly player is eliminated, the Tyrells will become allies of the Lannister (while House Florent will shift to the Stannis' side). Anyway the death of Renly can be scripted, if he is not played by the human player.
4. It's an island
5. The map's dimensions are 80x120. A pic from the Standard Game (Fixed Spawn) of the Iron Islands:
Spoiler :

7-9 cities can be preplaced. Ah, note that playing Standard Game - Fixed Spawn you get free embarkation promotion with Greyjoy and Baratheon (Stannis).
6. You are right, AI sending troops at them would be weird. This will happen for sure considering the proximity of the Westerlands. Need to test the SetDeployFromOperationTurn and AddTemporaryDominanceZone methods to tell the AI to target Stark cities, I dont know if these work for newly created unit due to the high distance. The idea is to add a wave of Boltons soldiers after few turns that the Greyjoys conquer Winterfell (if they succeed in this).
7. I had in mind to make this with Joffrey and the Three Whores (in addition to Gold Cloak), but I abbandoned the idea.
8. This is a basilar feature, already present in the Standard Game. Regarding the city-states alliances, I just didn't write it because I taken it for granted.
9. Follow these pics from the ASoIaF wiki???

Spoiler :

10. For sure

Scripts Suggestion,
1.Shadow child: If you made Storm's End a city state then it and all the other city state will become ally with Stannis for a duration of time, Hosue Florent in Reach too, they don't all have to be military state however after they declare themselves they must give him a lot of troops to fight Tyrells and Lannisters. If Renly is a civ then they should be Venice like with one civ under siege by Stannis
2. New Allaince: Lannisters and Tyrells should become allies or maybe they can be neutrals who fight the common enemies no need for any script then.
3. Broken Pact: Frey if they are a civ will make peace with Lannisters by breaking their alliance with Stark because Robb not marrying a Frey girl. I really hope you make them a civ they have big part in it.
4. Red wedding: Frey and Boltons declare war aginst Stark and Tullys. Also Boltons make peace with the Lannisters.
Other scripts: Technically War of five Kings still continues with Stannis being alive. However other events like (SPOILER[not really]) faith militant, Euron Greyjoy, Stannis on the wall should be part of another mod.

1. I can make that if you gain a city-state ally, their military units are placed under your control for the duration of the alliance (as said each House starts with it's allied city-states). The code is already present in the 1066 - Viking Scenario :O
2. See above (3)
3. I want to make them a civ, as already said in some old post. However it's more probable they will be initially present as a city-state.
4. All right

Also the Victory condition:
1. Lannister: Maintain Casterly Rock and King's Landing if King's Landing is not another player otherwise it should be about securing King's Landing under its true owner[Cersei], also capturing Riverrun to make sure the demise of Starks and Tullys in riverlands.
2. Stark: Maintain Winterfell ,capture Casterly Rock. You can add ensuring Riverrun's safety if you wish to put extra efforts.
3. Stannis: Maintain Dragonstone, capture King's landing. Also capture Storm's End since Storm's End is Barartheon's seat.
4. Greyjoy: Maintain Pyke, capture Winterfell.
All of this conditions time limit should be 100 turns or 150 or 200 your choice. Their should be no points victory. For example Lannister needs to maintain King's Landing and Casterly Rock and capture Riverrun in the limited turns, otherwise they lose even if they have most points. If they loose control of lets say King's Landing then they'll have to capture it before the time to ensure victory. This makes the game more challenging.

As said all players must control their original capital to be able to win.

1. Right, they have to take Riverrun if it is under the Stark/Tully control
2. Robb claims the titles of King in the North and King of the Trident, so I think that the safety of Riverrun must be required.
3. Right

If the time ends and none of these conditions occur, the winner is the civ with the most points, otherwise the scenario can't end. Some conditions can be easier than others, but this is part of the game.

Thanks for your suggestions!

WOW. It seems like you have thought of everything. I suppose you have nearly completed the mod. In case you like to change a few thing I like to add this choice.
1. In this scenario all city state in each kingdom should start as ally of their liege lord. However in that case what would happen in Stormland. In the show they were allies of Renly then switched side to Stannis, so I suppose you have to put the Renly assassination script. Otherwise Stannis wouldn't have much chance. Remember he was a major player while Renly was fooling around. The problem is in that script all Stormland city states need to ally themselves to Stannis all on a sudden, is that scrpit even possible.....
2. The reason I think Renly shouldn't be a playable civ is because everbody who watched the show, at least read the book wouldn't want to play as him. Everybody wants Stark or Lannisters or for some Stannis. Some book readers will want Grejoys. In fact people rather want to play as Tyrells.
3. Reach has huge borderline with Westerlands. So if Tyrells ar at war with Lannisters there will be fighting their. Every civ here needs to fight several enemies. However Lannisters can't face Stark, Tullys, Boltons, Stannis, then Tyrells.
4. I see that you want to put script to avoid Greyjoys attacking Lannisters however I think its better if Greyjoys are only at war with Northers civs. In the show Balon was at open rebellion however in the book he even send a letter to Joffrey to offer alliance if he was named a king. Tywin even was quite glad of the Greyjoys doing. So I think you shouldn't make them at war with each other anyway.
5. Do you intend to put two Tully civs, I really don't think there's any need for that. Instead put the Freys as a civ there.
UU suggestion:
1. Maybe you can change Lionhead Militias name into Red Cloak. In the book Lannisters Guards are called Red colaks, also you will put the King's Landing under their control so the name makes sense.
2. Direwolf is a cool unit however Robb only had one of it also it is major unit not really a scout, so it would be better to put some other unit in its place. Northern Cavalry would be cool. Since North hardly has any knights because of their old gods yet they are quite a bit of riders i suppose this units make sense.
3. Stannis should have Lysene pirates as his UU because of Salladhor Saans.
Anyway thank you for reading my previous suggestion. I hope you will read this small ones then tell me what do you think. UU suggestion is simply a choice nothing important however I hope you take other suggestion into consideration for this wonderful mod.

I suppose it's been a long time due to the fact that civfanatics was crashed. So how the mod is going? Can u give us a release date......

If I were him, I would delay it's release for 3 days every time someone ask for release date :lol:

No, Seriously. When it is delayed, there are good reasons for it, including the modder is busy in real life and need more free time to finalize the release or some component is still buggy.

@OP This is quite good, I would prefer that leader icon and Dawn of Man screen (when loading the civ) look more consistent with Civ5 artwork. But that is just my personal preference
(which including dislike of any artwork that was 100% copy-pasted and made with minimal skill. There are none in your mod, anyway)

Image vanila-ization can wait. I am more interested about how these civ play out in people's game and what would you make next, Good luck and Cheers. :)

Top Bottom