New BNW FAQ!

Please don't let it be Italy, this disqualifies either Morocco or Indonesia.
And Iwant both of them.
This isn't all info we get, or is it?

While I also do not want italy, and would much rather have morocoo and indonesia, couldn't indonesia simply be named majapahit?

With exploration hitting the same time as commerce, I bet they will move the left side of commerce into exploration and revamp commerce. At least, I hope so.

Similarly, with aesthetics hitting the same time as piety, I think piety will be reworked to be more religious and less cultural, with aesthetics taking over as the "culture" tree.

Actually Indonesia could be called Srivijaya

Highly, highly unlikely. Only reason we used Srivijaya (and Majapahit) while speculating is because that's what an Indonesia civ would encompass. They would likely do what they've done with other civs and use the most accessible name: Indonesia

I personally think (and hope) that the European civ is Hungary-Sophia replaces Budapest as a CS. I do not think Italy will be included, they would not have revealed the Italy achievement in the new achievements if it was a new civ. Similar to how an accomplishment related to "Belgium" was revealed n relationship with scramble to Africa even though we know Belgium is not an official civ.

Highly, highly unlikely. Only reason we used Srivijaya (and Majapahit) while speculating is because that's what an Indonesia civ would encompass. They would likely do what they've done with other civs and use the most accessible name: Indonesia

At the same time, they did use the name Siam for the other SE Asian civ, but Siam is really easy and accessible for pretty much everyone. So it's possible. Just don't bank on it

I personally think (and hope) that the European civ is Hungary-Sophia replaces Budapest as a CS.

It would be great :)
To be realistic, the chances are rather slim though, with the inclusion of Pressburg as a city-state

An unspecified unit has a strength of 34. That's really helpful.

Whoever asked that question, punch yourself in the eye right now.

Lmao. It would be funny if it was a Mod.

There may actually be more westerners who know the word Siam than Thailand, honestly, even if not really for the country itself.

The 34 strength UU is probably a Cavalry replacement for the Sioux. Not enough info to make a good guess on any of the others though.

It's totally helpful, it narrows it down to "one of the new civs was strong enough during the Industrial Era for their UU to come from that time period".

I personally think (and hope) that the European civ is Hungary-Sophia replaces Budapest as a CS. I do not think Italy will be included, they would not have revealed the Italy achievement in the new achievements if it was a new civ. Similar to how an accomplishment related to "Belgium" was revealed n relationship with scramble to Africa even though we know Belgium is not an official civ.

Here's an idea.

Though at this point I'm jumping at everything that may mean italy isn't in. I REALLY don't want italy in. Like the Huns level don't want in. :p

We have the romans.

I hope Italy, is perfect civ for culture and is very different from Ancient Rome.
And they are civ in the same land in the play.

At least it indicates a cavalry or rifleman replacement. That's something to dream about.

It means that one of the new civs had power in the industrial era.

I hope Italy, is perfect civ for culture and is very different from Ancient Rome.
And they are civ in the same land in the play.

Are they more or less different than ancient India and modern India? Or ancient China and modern China?

[QUO,TE=AbsintheRed;12438301]It would be great :)
the inclusion of Pressburg as a city-state[/QUOTE]

I had not seen this new information- where did you see this?

It's totally helpful, it narrows it down to "one of the new civs was strong enough during the Industrial Era for their UU to come from that time period".

At least it indicates a cavalry or rifleman replacement. That's something to dream about. It means that one of the new civs had power in the industrial era.
They didn't specify that it was a unique unit.

Top Bottom