2Announced Civ this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes looks like Morocco as for the leader I'd say Yusuf ibn Tashfin because of his importance to Spain's history and he's well known historically. Also because of pterodactyl's and Seek's contrast work with the image.

Yeah, Yusuf could be a good candidate as well; wiki's description of him:
Yusef was very much adapted to the rugged terrain of the Sahara and had no interests in the pomp of the Andalusian courts.[6] According to Abd Allah's "Roudh el-Kartas" (History of the Rulers of Morocco) and A.Beaumier's French translation of the 14th century work, Yusef was of "Brown color, middle height, thin, little beard, soft voice, black eyes, straight nose, lock of Muhammad falling on the top of his ear, eyebrow joined, wooly hair

Could be why the leader is outside and not in a lavish room.

So, my own attempt at brightening the image, without crazy colors...

The tunic is very interesting mind you, almost looks like a hoodie hehe...

Hmmm... this Friday is May 17th, which is the national day of Norway. This would be the perfect time to announce the Norwegian Civilization. Obviously. :crazyeye:

Hmmm... this Friday is May 17th, which is the national day of Norway. This would be the perfect time to announce the Norwegian Civilization. Obviously. :crazyeye:

Scandinavia has Sweden.. Deal with it :goodjob:

Apropos of nothing, I'll be very disappointed if there's not an achievement attached to Morocco called "Marrakesh Express".

I was hoping for a "Rock the Casbah" achievement.

Eagle, I'll be honest, I want a Norman civilization now just to see your reaction. ;)

In many of the historical fiction books I've read, the Normans are portrayed as villains, but we have come up with some pretty cool ways they could be played. So I actually could be pretty torn about it unless it was William the Bastard. Then it sucks. But either way it would start with a tantrum like my toddler throws.:crazyeye:

There's Hassan I too, who's "among the most successful sultans" according to Wikipedia, although it isn't exactly explained why.

Bah, who am I kidding, it can be virtually any Morocco ruler, with a turban and a beard.

Ok. We've convinced ourselves it's Morocco and we've all named different potential leaders. Next up we need to discuss how convinced we are that it is Morocco. After that we have to start doubting ourselves and start coming up with obscure alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom