Simple questions, simple answers

How in the gods name do I build a Feitoria? Sent a work boat, sent one of my ships, checked the city state screen..Can't find it anywhere.

Someone somewhere said you can declare war without penalty if someone stole your tech... Is that true?

Just confirmed myself that this is NOT true. Aztecs again stole a tech, I followed the notification to Monty screen where he asks "Are you here about that spying incident?", I DoWed, 2 civs think I'm a wamonger.

What happens when you capture the city where the congress/united nations is happening? Like, in my current game, I might capture Lisbon before the 10th congress of Lisbon...

Probably nothing, unless it's the last city of Portugal.

How do I place swapped great works on my wonders? I exchanged 2 great works with other civs to fill the slots of my oxford university, but I have no clue how to do it now. I clicked on the oxford slots on the culture view and on the city menu and nothing...

Click on the masterpiece you want to move and then click on the spot where you want to move/ exchange it. This happens in the culture overview screen/ your culture.

Hope this helps.

It did!

I didnt notice that the great works that I swapped went to a random building of mine...Thank you kind sir.

Theres somekind of bug with the CS? Im not receiving industrial resources from them (coal, aluminium). Im way into the modern era, have at least 4 CS with coal (and mines), and still nothing.

What does it take for the AI to switch ideologies?

I'm in a game where me and India are sporting freedom with huge culture + tourism, leaving 3 other order civs with a "revolutionary wave" with over -40 to their happiness. Yet they are still trucking along.

Theres somekind of bug with the CS? Im not receiving industrial resources from them (coal, aluminium). Im way into the modern era, have at least 4 CS with coal (and mines), and still nothing.

This glitch is an old one. If the CS has already mined the strategic (whether coal, aluminum or uranium), it won't get/give you the resource until some critical mass of other AIs have researched the required tech. Conversely, if they haven't mined the tile, you can gift 200 gold and get the resource immediately

What is the title for Exploration?

If you are unsure, please go through the XML files, since it would be a good addition to the "What We Know About Brave New World" thread, which will be locked soon.

The title for Exploration is "Captain," as in "Captain Augustus Caesar of the Romans."

What does it take for the AI to switch ideologies?

I'm in a game where me and India are sporting freedom with huge culture + tourism, leaving 3 other order civs with a "revolutionary wave" with over -40 to their happiness. Yet they are still trucking along.

If their overall happiness is still positive after the ideology modifiers (for instance, they were at 50 happiness before they ate the revolutionary wave penalty), they'll stick to their guns. You have to dip them into the negatives--try snipping away a few of their luxuries.

Anyone know how to see foreign trade routes on the map to plunder? All I can seem to do mouse over caravans this seems to be a pain for all routes.

Anyone know how to see foreign trade routes on the map to plunder? All I can seem to do mouse over caravans this seems to be a pain for all routes.

There doesn't seem to be an option for this, unfortunately. It would be a great feature imo.:/

Anybody know how to manually cancel a trade route?

You can't. It's probably still too early to say if this was a good design decision, but I think it is.

On another note, I'd really love to be able to assign a selected trade unit from the trade window - selecting trade missions gets tedious switching back and forth between the trade window and the unit.

World Congress question:

In the event of a tie, does the ruling default to the "ayes"? I ask because I had one tie that did, but I also was the WC host and voted for the resolution. So, I wonder if the ruling in a tie goes toward the opinion the host voted?

How can I see other civ's happiness? I am certain I have seen it somewhere but I can't find it anymore.

How can I see other civ's happiness? I am certain I have seen it somewhere but I can't find it anymore.

In the Public Opinion tab (iirc) Culture Victory tab of the Culture Overview window.

Question about theming bonus:

When I create a theme of art pieces according to tooltip descriptions, I get +1 tourism per work of art combined in the combo, ie max +2 for museum, +3 for Broadway or +4 for Louvre. If I'm unable to make a perfect match for a museum but some conditions are fulfilled, I get +1.

HOWEVER

I took a peek of my rivals and they can get +4 theming bonus for a museum with pretty much the same content. Are there any additional rules that allow me to increase the bonus? I have a museum of ancient warfare with +2 and Babylon has a museum of reneisance babylonian art with +4 bonus. Am I missing something?

In the Public Opinion tab (iirc) Culture Victory tab of the Culture Overview window.
Ah right, thanks! I don't see anything under "OVERALL :)" right now though, I suppose it only works as soon as ideologies kick in.

Sorry if this has already been asked. Short of declaring war, is there any way to suspend or cancel one of my active trade routes? Am I just stuck with it until it runs its natural course?

Back
Top Bottom