Great but one Civ was forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luko18

Chieftain
possibly will get some flack for that but Im ready

With civilizations like Venice, Polenesia and unheard of native Indian tribes, the question is this.

Why is there no Israel in the game? If you look at the nations contributing to world history, one would be silly to state that shoshone and zulus(even if real) were suppose to take their spot.

with that said Love BNW!!

I actually like the idea of an older Israel in the game (you might think I'm biased, but I'm far from that), but I doubt a modern one would be featured in the game, too much controversy. I doubt an older one would cause much strife.

Get a mod?

Who cares about Israel? It wasn't even a country until like a few decades ago. Palestine and Canada deserve to be in the game way more.

Come on guys all politics aside, its a game. But if developers did not include it due to politics, that is a sad society we live in.

p.s. beer? what kind?

Come on guys all politics aside, its a game. But if developers did not include it due to politics, that is a sad society we live in.

p.s. beer? what kind?

LOL Firaxis isn't including a ton of civs just because of politics. No civ that existed within modern China is ever going to be made into a civ unless it's China.

Israel would be nice for a civ if only for the fact that Judaism gets no love for other civs.

In terms of a civ, I see no reason it shouldn't be in. Remember, Civs are not always political entities, so it does not necessarily matter if the country hasn't existed long. The people have existed for ages.

Its probably too controversial at this time though.

Israel would be nice for a civ if only for the fact that Judaism gets no love for other civs.

In terms of a civ, I see no reason it shouldn't be in. Remember, Civs are not always political entities, so it does not necessarily matter if the country hasn't existed long. The people have existed for ages.

Its probably too controversial at this time though.

Israel can get their own civ when they stop ...........?

Moderator Action: Please do not troll. Offensive part removed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

No, not a sad society, but a polite one. Politics are also why there's no Nazi Germany in the game.

And, how can there be WWI style soldiers in gas masks in the intro, but no mention of chemical or biological weapons?

Well, maybe the next DLC, they could put Israel, Nazi Germany, and chem-...oops.

What should their UA be? Can do nothing but spawn military units in another civilizations cities and once you capture a city, that city becomes your capital but you get locked in war with the original owner?

What should their UA be? Can do nothing but spawn military units in another civilizations cities and once you capture a city, that city becomes your capital but you get locked in war with the original owner?

Nah. They should receive half the diplomatic penalties from attacking a civ with less points than them.

No, not a sad society, but a polite one. Politics are also why there's no Nazi Germany in the game.

And, how can there be WWI style soldiers in gas masks in the intro, but no mention of chemical or biological weapons?

Well, maybe the next DLC, they could put Israel, Nazi Germany, and chem-...oops.

well, firaxis put freaking Mao and Stalin on CIV IV, so theres that, or should we forget they were a mass murderers just becuase they helped win the 2nd war (Stalin case)

although it was a licensed game, i remerber Call to Power II having those kind of attacks, i remerber the green terrorist bombs actually, i think some of that type of warfare also made it on alpha centaury (well microprose had balls i think)

I see Israel as either ancient or like Ethiopia (combining ancient and modern elements). Led by either King David or Solomon. Some may say there's debate to their existence, but you could raise the same argument with Dido and Hiawatha. An ancient Israel shouldn't be terribly controversial, and even on controversy, previous Civs had Stalin and Mao Zedong so I don't think they're terribly shy (it seems the reason they didn't roll with the other Native American tribe whose name escapes me was more because they couldn't get a voice actor and less with politics; they shouldn't have trouble getting a Hebrew voice actor). I think it would be great to have them if nothing else than to give Judaism a civ with a default preference to it.

But really I think it would just be fun to play as them. And their leader screen could look really cool if done right. And hearing the voice would be nice as well.

Who cares about Israel? It wasn't even a country until like a few decades ago. Palestine and Canada deserve to be in the game way more.

come on! The BIBLE is the most printed book in this world, and 80% of it is telling the history of the israelites back from 6000 years ago. Now you say canada is more deserving? I bet 500 years ago 'canadian' is not even a word!
Ancient israel is worth every bit of a civilization, they are a religion marvel.

But mark my words
THE ISRAEL AS TODAY ENTITIES IS NOT WORTH AS A CIVILIZATION, HELL, THEY ARE NOT EVEN CIVILIZED TODAY!

well, firaxis put freaking Mao and Stalin on CIV IV, so theres that, or should we forget they were a mass murderers just becuase they helped win the 2nd war (Stalin case)

Experts say that Mao and Stalin's mass murders don't count, because they helped America and Britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom