imMapex's Sexual Assyrian Guide of Doom and Stuff (Deity Approved)

imMapex

Chieftain
imMapex's Sexual Assyrian Guide of Doom and Stuff (Deity Approved)

"The only thing greater in this world than my Empire is the beard which falls from my chin. Also, I really enjoyed Avatar 3D."

-Ashurbanipal

-imMapex

*NOTE* This Guide is going to be huge and is nowhere near finished. I am currently just testing spacing issues. There will be a ton of updates throughout the following weeks so keep an eye out!

Change Log

Spoiler :
August 2nd, 2013 - Finished Unique Traits. Started Introduction
August 3rd, 2013 - Added First Half of ToA Build
August 5th, 2013 - Added Game of ToA Build. Edited to add more much needed exclamation marks
August 6th, 2013 - Added Strategy to ToA Build. Started In-Depth Strategy

Treasures of Ninevah

When a city is conquered, gain a free Technology already discovered by its owner. Gaining a city through a trade deal does not count, and it can only happen once per enemy city​

Assyrians amazing early UA. Pretty much the main reason we go wreck stuff early game. Got a Mayan neighbor whos no doubt going to beeline Theology? Go ahead and chill at the bottom of the tech tree. Youll be smacking him with a tower and instantly learning his tech path shortly. Afraid you are going to succumb to a Berserker rush from the guy who invented short range data transfer? Feel free to rush Education since you can be sure hes got all sorts of free goodies for you that are primed for the taking.

Why Are These Treasures So Sexy?

Not only are you taking over well built cities from the AI, but youre also taking his freaking tech. Tech that would otherwise take you 15+ turns to learn in the early game. Tech that leads you to Wonders that are ridiculously hard to build on Deity. The ability to shave the research time off any tech is insanely strong. Think free Oxford University anytime you take over a city, without the time it takes to hard build the sucker. Assyria can literally walk up to any Civ early game, bonk them in the head with a club, and come out with a 3-4 5+ Citizen Cities PLUS 3-4 Techs that no other Civ could have gotten in this time. How valuable is 3-4 techs in the early game? Think 30+ turns valuable. Ya. Its pretty erotic.

How Treasures of Ninevah Works

There are 3 parts to this UA. Lets go over them in scenario format:

"When a city is conquered, gain a free Technology already discovered by its owner"

Assyria has DoW'd Elizabeth's England in a completely inaccurate but totally entertaining historic battle. Assyria's army is lined up in a siege formation outside of Nottingham. "WTF NUB RUSH SIEGE TOWER OP!" yells Elizabeth as Nottingham falls to the great beard of Ashurbanipal. England currently eclipses Assyria in multiple areas of tech, however upon bashing in skulls, Bill (a highly trained Assyrian Warrior) stumbles into Shakespeare. "To be or not to be," announces Shakespeare, "that is the question. Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to-". Bill clubs Shakespeare in head. Bill and his Assyrian company learn the ways of Drama and Poetry.

Now lets say England has Drama and Poetry, Theology, Sailing and Trapping. Assyria has none of these techs. Once Assyria had taken over Nottingham, Assyria would have been able to instantly receive anyone of these techs, minus Theology. Why didnt Assyria qualify for Theology?

Assyria didnt have the prerequisite to learn it (Drama and Poetry). Assyria must have the potential to currently learn a tech in order to steal it. If you want to steal Optics, you need Sailing. If you want to steal The Internet you need Globalization. Capeche?

So why did Assyria get Drama and Poetry rather than Sailing or Trapping? Simple. Assyria didnt get a choice. When Assyria takes over a city and has the prerequisites for multiple techs, the game will randomly choose one for you. While things like Spies or Oxford give you the option to choose a tech available to you, Assyria's UA does not. This randomness is really the only negative side to Treasures of Ninevah, however if you take cities in numbers, Assyria is bound to land any and all the tech it needs.

Last thing to point out is that taking over a CS will give you a tech as well.

"Gaining a city through a trade deal does not count"

Aware of her impending doom, Elizabeth offers Ashurbanipal some Salt, 12 Gold and the entire city of York in exchange for him not, "getting all up in my grill". Ashurbanipal knows that if he takes this deal, his civilization will not learn anything new, since Bill and the rest of the Assyrian army only learn by bashing in skulls. Ashurbanipal shreds the Peace offer and signals Bill to, "pop a cap in dat ghetto booty".

Assyria does not receive free tech when they acquire a city from trade. Pretty complicated, I know. I think you can figure it out though.

"it can only happen once per enemy city"

With one swift blow of temple of the enemy Longbowman, Bill fulfills his task of capturing York. Bill celebrates heavy that night, with history noting it was filled with horse carcasses, midgets and tennis rackets, all of which were very much related. This was much deserved as once York had fallen, Bill, Ashurbanipal and the rest of Assyria discovered Trapping. The downside to this celebration however, was Bills lack of perception, as a stray English Pikeman stole the Assyrian flag claiming York and replaced it with a British one, effectively reclaiming York to English soil. Ashurbanipal quickly noticed, and once he was done, "gettin me some of dem hoes", he strangled the Pikeman with his beard and retook York again, no more wiser than when they previously owned it"

Basically, Assyria can only steal a tech once per city. If you have taken over an enemy city over for the first time, you will gain a tech. If you lose the city, whether the next turn or 200 turns later, and regain it again, you will not be able to acquire a new tech for recovering that city. This would probably be easier to explain if I knew English better.

Siege Tower

Powerful melee siege unit which grants a city attack bonus to nearby units when next to an enemy city. May only be built by the Assyrians.​

This is the reason no one is allowed nice things when Assyria is on the map. When the Siege Tower gets next to a city, prepare for all hell to break loose. The Siege Tower not only wreck cities, it gives a buff that lets everyone within 2 tiles to wreck that city as well. If there is anything more masculine than Ashurbanipal's beard, its the Siege Tower.

How Does The Siege Tower Manage To Get All The Ladies?

3 reasons. First, the Siege Tower doesnt topple over and die easily like some wimpy Catapult whos probably not ever even talked to a girl in his life. The Siege Tower is a BEAST. Think tank or the Hulk or Vin Diesel's abs. This thing soaks in damage like nothing. Go ahead and throw some CB + Spearman attacks at this thing and watch as the Siege Tower continues forward as if nothing happened. You think the Honey Badger doesnt care about anything? I dare you to meet the Siege Tower. Whats even more is the Cover I buff that the Siege Tower starts out with. Good luck killing this thing with CBs and City attacks.

Second reason? Once the Siege Tower gets up to its destination (enemy city), it blows things up. What the Siege Tower lacks in attacking Units, it makes up for being a bull in a china shop. Enemy city has walls? Whatever bro, I have a Siege Tower. At 12 Combat Strength + 200% City Combat Strength, every city will cower to the damage the Siege Tower brings. Think Im exaggerating? Give it a try yourself. This thing hurts.

The final, and possibly best reason, is the freaking aura it gives: 50% extra damage to cities for every unit within 2 tiles. Not as much as damage as the buff the Siege Tower receives you say? First of all stop interrupting me. Second of all, toss in 4 CB's behind this sucker and have it attack the enemy city. That's 200% more damage to a City there's no way anyone else could have done had they not had this manly unit. The Siege Tower radiates awesomeness, and each and every unit within 2 hexes feeds off of it.

PRO-TIP: For extra awesomeness, feel free to make explosion sounds with your mouth every time you attack a city with the Siege Tower. I guarantee the females will come flocking to you or your money back.

Are There Any Downsides To This Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Unit?

Why, arent you the negative Nancy type my good sir. Now that you bring it up however, I guess there is 2 things you can consider slightly off with the Siege Tower. First of all, unlike its Catapult counter part, the Siege Tower is melee. While the Catapult range is useful for focus firing or avoiding enemy damage, realize that the wussy Catapult takes a movement point to set up before firing. The Siege Tower doesnt however, and rather runs head first into its enemies without stopping. As stated before as well, the Siege Tower is tanky enough to be in the front lines and soak damage, while the Catapult must avoid incoming threats.

The second minor defect the Siege Tower has is its inability to damage units. You would think it world be pretty easy for the Tower to steamroll over its enemies, but little known fact is that the Siege Towers wheels are made of gum drops and Unicorns, and thus dont kill enemies themselves. If Assyria supports the Siege Tower by having units that can wreck other units (they should) and allow the Tower to roll up to a city, youll overlook this negative characteristic. Why should the Tower have all the fun in destroying everything?

Royal Library

Unique building of the Assyrian civilization. Replaces the Library.

+1 :c5science: for every 2 :c5citizen:

1 Great Work of Writing slot, which provides extra XP for units trained in the city

Bro, everyone be like, "Oh man I get free slot Imma auto win Culture Victory now suck it nerds k pc", and while this is near truth, the Royal Library has late game building written all over it.

"BUT IMMAPEX, YOU GET THIS BUILDING IN WRITING TECH WHICH IS EARLY GAME LOLNOOB!"

Barracks, Armory, Military Acadamy, Brandenburg Gate, Heroic Epic and Royal Library. Enough said.

Seriously, this building is so freaking powerful for the sole purpose of the XP you get when you have the Great Work of Writing slot filled. With all the buildings mentioned above, each unit that will be churned out will have Level 3 Upgrades + over halfway to Level 4. Im talking each unit that comes out of Assur will have 3 Accuracy/ Drill + 15% Combat Strength (from the Heroic Epic) and 3-4 attacks away from hitting Logistics/ March/ Blitz etc.

"BUT IMMAPEX, YOU CAN GET LEVEL 3 UPGRADES OUT OF YOUR CAPITAL WITHOUT ROYAL LIBRARY!"

Yes, but you cant get Level 3 Upgrades straight up in any other city. With the Royal Library slots filled, you can.

Say we are sitting on 6-7 cities, which my strategy suggests. We are macroing up heavily when Brandenburg Gate is about to pop in the Capital. We have the Royal Library, Barracks, Armory and Military Academy all primed up in our 5-6 other cities. Each one of those cities now switch to pure unit production. Thats 5-6 cities of Level 3 Upgraded units that are getting churned out. Lets now add ToA (+15% production to constructing ranged units), Stables (+15% production to Mounted Units), and eventually Arsenal of Democracy (+25% production to Military Units) OR Total War (+25% production to Military Units + 15 XP to new units). Add on Workshops/ Factories/ Hydro Plants etc and youve got 5-6 Cities that are pumping out Level 3 Upgraded Units at an insanely fast pace. 2-3 rounds of Unit production basically guarantees you to have the strongest army in the mid-to-late game, no matter the difficulty. Are you as aroused as I am right now?

Lets take a a look at the 2nd hot and bothersome feature of the Royal Library. When the slot is filled (insert that's what she said joke here), your city gains +2 Culture and +2 Tourism. Meh. On 6-7 cities however, thats an extra 12-14 Culture and Tourism per turn for you. Still meh. When each city you own brings an extra 10% policy cost, 12-14 Culture per turn will gladly be taken. Install yourself a Broadcast Tower in these cities, and youll no longer stress out about finishing Rationalism on time. Its a small buff, but its more effective than what a Culture CS Ally will give you. Who would ever turn that down?

The Builds​

The ToA Rush (My Personal Favorite)

Assur Build Order: Scout - Scout - Temple of Artemis - Shrine/ Worker/ Archer - Settler - Granary - CB - CB - Siege Tower - CB/ Royal Library - Royal Library/ Caravan - NC

Ninevah Build Order: Granary - Royal Library

Tech Path: Archery - Mining - Lux - Beeline to Constuction - Lux - Mathematics - Writing - Philosophy

Social Policies: Tradition Opener - Legalism - Landed Elite - Monarchy - Aristocracy - Oligraphy

Purchase: CB (Or perferably Archer -> CB Upgrade if you have the gold)

Here's an example Deity game that Ive played using the ToA build. Going to give you guys a screenshots + in depth look of what was going through my head during this game. Hopefully you guys will have a better understanding of this build once you finish checking it out!

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Wtf Menu Screen get out! Youre blocking my view of Bill!

Spoiler :

K thats better. Bro look how strong he is! Itd be like if Beyonce was a Warrior

Spoiler :

Monaco? More like Monaco is No'Mo lolamirite?

Spoiler :

Uh Apparently Im not right. Also wtf China we were friends y you do this to me?!

Spoiler :

OMG PSYCHOPATH AI LEAVE ME ALONE CHINA IS JERK DONT BE JERK SULEIMAN WE MAKE BABIES AND RUN AWAY TOGETHER PLZ STOP

Spoiler :

HOLY @#*%!!!! GG IM GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Spoiler :

And then you basically just win the game

So hopefully I made you a smarter person. Youre welcome.

----

Seriously though I will go in depth about how that game went and why it took me so many turns to win that game (easy to tell by population during mid game). Bear (Bare?) with me as Im helping a friend move this weekend. Ill get back to this asap I promise!

"WTF NO SHRINE, MONUMENT ALL FOR DUMB WONDER LOLDUMBGUY GG"

Calm your stuff there homie. Let me get my explain on. Let me take you on a magical journey on how this build came to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ijPWhckx8 - To Set The Mood

Bill was an ambitious soldier, one who starved for the success of his nation. His talents involved counting by twos, tying his shoes, and bashing in skulls. Ashurbanipal, leader of the great Assyrian nation, took notice of this gifted individual, and thus made him his right hand man: The General of Assyria. His jobs consisted of building up the most efficient army possible, leading it to victory, and sometimes waving shiny objects in front of the King to entertain him.

Yes, life was great for Bill, as well as the rest of the Assyrian people. Bill quickly discovered the ways of the Archer, and from reading the forums from Civfanatics.com, learned multiple builds that would structure around these magnificent creatures. Ashurbanipal gave Bill strict orders to stick to aggressive builds only, as to maximize the Unique Traits that made Assyria so strong. Bill started off with different Liberty and Tradition Openers, but soon found out that he was in fact, quite dumb compared to the people who crafted these builds. Bill struggled with getting a Religion for his King, struggled with his Deity opponents land grabbing everything before Assyria could claim it, but worst of all, Bill could not make gold. At all. Like it was freakin impossible. Ashurbanipal was starting to get upset with Bill, and in return, Bill joined Amanda Spears and Brittney Bynes in one of the 3 greatest meltdowns in human history. Something needed to change for Bill, or the entire Assyrian Civilization would eventually become extinct.

One dark, dark night, Bill stumbled upon a ruin. This ruin contained a curvy wooden object, one the likes Bill had never seen before. Next to this object lay a metal point on a straight piece of wood. Bills first instinct was to start beating it with a club, however Bill soon realized that these objects were no enemy of his. Bill picked up the metal object and began waving it around violently. He discovered that this object was sharp enough to penetrate Deer, Elephants and potentially enemies. Bill decided that this discovery was the greatest achievement the World had ever seen, and that he would in fact become the greatest pointy metal stick user of all time!

Bill then pierced his eye with this object out of excitement.

Bill ran back to his home city of Assur and met up with medical help. Using a clever combination of club and farming (this was literally all the Assyrian people knew at the time), Bill become free from this metal object, and also managed to lose 10 pounds. He then proceeded to meet up with Ashurbanipal to show him his discoveries. Ashurbanipal picked up the curvy object with his beard, placed the wood with the metal point in it, and shot the greatest Bow and Arrow shot ever witnessed by man kind. This arrow struck 3 Camels, 4 Deer and even struck a guard from Skyrim in the knee. Ashurbanipal declared the use of this contraption as "Archery" and thus, became the first tech discovered by the Assyrian empire.

Now because Assyria discovered Archery, Assyria was obviously able to construct a huge Temple. Upon construction, the Temple was officially named "Bill's Love Shack" (which translates directly into Temple of Artemis in Assyrian). Bill soon discovered that his Love Shack increased Assur's population by a whole 10% and increased ranged unit production by 15%! While this did not seem like too much in the early years, Bill understood that this Love Shack meant that he no longer needed to upgrade his Archers in order to time a rush, but instead he could just flat out pump out Composite Bowman! The growth allowed him to bypass an early Granary in Assur and could avoid the top part of the tech tree all together for the first 60 turns (unless weird plant things grew out of the ground that only a Calender would fix). These first 60 turns could be used to be aggressive to another Civ, clear Barbarian camps for City States, and best of all, accumulate gold that would have been spent onto upgrading Archers into something more useful!

"If you love this build so much why dont you marry it?"

Totally would if it was possible.

"Theres got to be something wrong with this build. I mean, I dont see a Shrine, you dont build a Monument, and no Caravan asap to your expo? Are you kidding me?!"

Its true. The best way to determine if this build is worth it is with a Pros and Cons quick list:

Pros:

Increased Range Unit Production All Game
Great Food Growth In Assur
Allows For A Faster Rush Onto An Enemy Civ (Which Directly Means Faster Earlier Tech)
NC Before Turn 100
6-7 Cities Extremely Fast

Cons:

No Shrine (Much Harder To Get A Religion)
No Hard Built Monument (Meaning No Free Amphitheater)
ToA Is A World Wonder (Meaning Another Civ Can Take, Highly Unlikely If You Follow The "How To Execute This Strategy" Section"
Caravan Wont Instantly Be Ready For Expansion

*This is all I can think of at 1:15 in the morning. If you guys can think of any other Pros and Cons, hit me up and Ill add them*

"Ok Wise Guy. How do you execute this properly?"

Thanks for the compliment. Im flattered.

No problem. So how do you execute this build properly?

Well I mean it may have been a problem or at least a hindrance to go out of your way to say those nice things about me.

MAPEX PLS!

Oh god! Ok homie. This is how we gonna do:

THE STRATEGY​
1. Double Scout and explore harder than Dora (Send Bill out too. He can handle himself)

1.5. Steal a Worker or two from enemy Civ (CS only if you cant get a worker from enemy Civ in time)

2. Get ToA

3. Settle 2nd City while teching CB's

4. Push out against enemy Civ with 4 CB's/ Siege Tower/ Bill (whether club or spear)

5. Take out enemy Civ in the order of Expo -> Capital or Capital -> Expo (Never Expo -> Expo)

5.5 Happiness Issues? Take a few turns to Ally a CS or Two

6. Finish off enemy Civ

7. Macro up!

In-Depth Strategy

1. Double Scout and explore harder than Dora (Send Bill out too. He can handle himself)

The reason why we double Scout is for a couple reasons. The most important one is to find the nearest enemy Civ. Finding the nearest enemy Civ is required in order not only steal a worker or two, but to also figure out where the best possible place to put your 2nd City. This scouting will determine the lay of the land for your future attack, which is insanely crucial to this build.

The Scouts are also used to find CS's and Ruins, all of which will speed up this builds process. While sending out Bill is required, try and have your Scout pick up the Ruins, as one will hopefully turn your Scout into a Freaky Friday scenerio and become an Archer. Bill doesnt need more than his club to destroy the world. Bill's main job is to clear Barb camps, preferably ones with CS quests attached to them. Jump all over any CS quests you see and get your pledge to protect on, as the Lux's they will give you will be crucial to your early game wrecking strat.

1.5. Steal a Worker or two from enemy Civ (CS only if you cant get a worker from enemy Civ in time)

Stealing a Worker is so insanely important to this build that I cant even think of a proper metaphor to use to explain the importance which is the worker steal even if you think I know that you do know important it k?

This worker steal provides 3 huge attributes. First, it almost guarantees your ToA (Ive never not gotten ToA when Ive stolen a worker). The reason? The forest chop. The forest chop shaves off 20 :c5production: in the early game which is just a massive bonus. If you cant get a worker to chop a forest in time, you risk losing this to the AI. If you somehow dont get a forest, dont buy a lottery ticket/ do anything dangerous today because you are as unlucky as they come. Dont fear however, because switching to production focus at 3 Citizens and building a mine with your Worker can also get the job done as well. Its not as effective though being that you nearly always want to be in food focus early on.

Second attribute is obviously its building potential. Get those farms and Lux's up asap and get that economy rolling in early game, especially being that youll usually only hard build one other worker (if that). The earlier you grab that worker, the faster youll be at literally everything in your city.

The third and sexiest attribute is the harass you do on the enemy Civ. The more Workers you take, the more he falls behind. The more behind he is, the stronger your attack on him will be. Workers are a huge part to the Deity AIs success early on. Take them.

*MORE TO COME TOMORROW. WORK IN THE MORNING!*

Attachments

• 1. Proof of Deity.jpg
    1. Proof of Deity.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 13,873
  • 2. Settle City.jpg
    2. Settle City.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 13,972
  • 3. ToA.jpg
    3. ToA.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 14,029
  • 4. Monaco.jpg
    4. Monaco.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 14,039
  • 5. Wu Zetian and Maria DoW.jpg
    5. Wu Zetian and Maria DoW.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 13,919
  • 6. Solomon DoW.jpg
    6. Solomon DoW.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 13,861
  • 7. Napolean DoW.jpg
    7. Napolean DoW.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 13,961
  • 8. Win.jpg
    8. Win.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 14,000
Barracks, Armory, Military Acadamy, Brandenburg Gate, Heroic Epic and Royal Library. Enough said.
I'm not 100% sure on this since I don't know the numbers for leveling up, but if you got all that and went Autocracy could you potentially have units that start at Level 4? If not maybe you can bully a city loaded with a Ducal Stable out of Poland. Build the Cavalry and upgrade them to silly auto-march tanks, heheh.

Not quite L4. With all that, you hit 95xp of ... 120, I think it was? It's certainly not far off.

Need moar Adventures of Bill the Assyrian

I'm not 100% sure on this since I don't know the numbers for leveling up, but if you got all that and went Autocracy could you potentially have units that start at Level 4? If not maybe you can bully a city loaded with a Ducal Stable out of Poland. Build the Cavalry and upgrade them to silly auto-march tanks, heheh.

Sorry, but it would convert into a normal stable upon conquest

Instant March Tanks would be awesome, however not doable at the moment. As ekat2468 pointed out, the Ducal Stables would turn into a regular Stable once you take it over. You do get insanely close to Level 4 upgrades on all your units (not just mounted like Poland) when you have all the +XP buildings and Total War. Ill do some research and get exact numbers put up shortly but at the moment just assume 2 attacks + 1 defend will give you that Level 4.

Need moar Adventures of Bill the Assyrian

Bill played a very important role in the history of Assyria. One of his greatest triumphs is in his discovery of Archery, which I just updated.

By the way thanks for taking the time to read this all. Hopefully this makes you laugh, cry, and maybe even lose 10 pounds. I know it looks like a big wall of texts so if you guys want more pictures Ill gladly toss them on there.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, constantly let me know! I want to make this the best possible guide for Assyria as I can so only way for that to happen is to tell me where I suck at so I can improve. Thanks ballers!

I'd be very interested to see some SSes of this strategy working at Deity. You're seemingly mass expanding with tradition and waging war at the same time. I have absolutely no idea how you can expect to manage your happiness. Deity AIs are not going to give you easy CS allies and if you're aggressively expanding and waging war then they won't trade luxuries with you.

I also don't really understand the concept of stealing a tech so that you power out a wonder. Comps power the key wonders out at Deity and so if your plan is to hit the tech after they do and then build it... good luck with that lol. Seems pretty sketchy to me. Wonders that I usually manage to build are ones in techs that comps don't beeline and so I'm usually one of the first people to acquire them. Sistine Chapel is a perfect example of a wonder that you can usually build even at Deity because they just avoid the tech. Still, good luck trying to do that with say Chitchen Itza (I don't know how to spell it, sue me) or The Leaning Tower of Pisa. Not going to happen.

2 cities before NC seems quite low. Like, even for a warmonger that seems kinda sketchy. Having actual cities that you can control and churn units out of seems pretty damned important to a warring civ. You want to start prepping some hills and such so that you can power out a ton of units eventually no?

I'm basically wondering how many Deity games you've actually won with that BO and with this strategy in general. If you could post an SS or that would be swell. I'm legitimately curious because I'd like to see if this is viable at Deity. My typical science win as Maya/Poland is high 240s to low 270s and I'd be interested to see whether or not this type of domination strategy could compete with that.

I'd be very interested to see some SSes of this strategy working at Deity.

Yoyo thanks for reply. Im planning to do a LP after I finish the Builds section, however I can definitely toss you a SS of a Assyrian Deity win of mine (although doesnt really show the build in action. Just shows the 8 Symbol and a Science Win).

You're seemingly mass expanding with tradition and waging war at the same time. I have absolutely no idea how you can expect to manage your happiness. Deity AIs are not going to give you easy CS allies and if you're aggressively expanding and waging war then they won't trade luxuries with you.

Im definitely showing how to execute the ToA build tomorrow, however the basic, basic guide is to expand, capture an enemy expo + Capital with Siege Towers, CBs and a Warrior/ Spearman between turn 80-110 (~105 being my absolute slowest). This should be the only time youre unhappy all game, and may not even happen at all if you ally a Mercantile CS or your new city acquisitions have unique Lux's prepped for you. Youll then pump out another Settler and finish off that Civ's 1-2 more cities. I will show the most efficient way Ive found tomorrow.

I also don't really understand the concept of stealing a tech so that you power out a wonder. Comps power the key wonders out at Deity and so if your plan is to hit the tech after they do and then build it... good luck with that lol. Seems pretty sketchy to me. Wonders that I usually manage to build are ones in techs that comps don't beeline and so I'm usually one of the first people to acquire them. Sistine Chapel is a perfect example of a wonder that you can usually build even at Deity because they just avoid the tech. Still, good luck trying to do that with say Chitchen Itza (I don't know how to spell it, sue me) or The Leaning Tower of Pisa. Not going to happen.

The plan isnt to straight up hit the tech via City Capture for the Wonder you want. Its to hopefully hit the techs on the way. My favorite example is how I managed to pick up Leaning Tower once on 2 attempts. Went Education after taking two of Chinas cities. Picked up 2 more techs finishing her off which shaved off a number of turns (forget the actual number of turns. Ill show it in my LP) towards Printing Press. World Congress hadnt started yet and unless one AI hadnt met another, Printing Press wouldnt have been discovered. In my 2nd game I managed to hard buy a University in Assur, fill it up, and finished the rest of the tech path towards Printing Press.

I have never gotten Chichen Itza on Deity, although Im almost positive Ive never actually tried for it.

Still, good luck trying to do that with say Chitchen Itza (I don't know how to spell it, sue me)

Expect my lawyer to call you in the morning

*EDIT*

I'm basically wondering how many Deity games you've actually won with that BO and with this strategy in general. If you could post an SS or that would be swell. I'm legitimately curious because I'd like to see if this is viable at Deity. My typical science win as Maya/Poland is high 240s to low 270s and I'd be interested to see whether or not this type of domination strategy could compete with that.

Ive currently only won 3 victories in Deity BNW (picked up the game a week ago). Ill toss up a SS in a second here of my best on (SV 254 I believe using ToA. Have to put in my external HD since my Fraps SS Folder is on it so Ill toss it up in the morning if you dont mind). I can definitely see a higher caliber player than me putting this build to sub 250-240 if they get lucky with proc'ing the right techs, have an awesome start etc

Does the the word "sexual" in the title implies that this strategy is good for males and females, friend? :D

Good read.

You know, I don't even really care how super effective this is at Deity or not or anything like that at this point.

This guide is A++, and I know this because I'm smiling like a :crazyeye: right now. The writing is amazing :lol:

I did need an excuse to play an actually war heavy game for once, though, so I might be trying this out on a lower difficulty once the guide is done. I know this is particularly targeted towards Deity (obviously on lower difficulties the AI has less and less tech to steal) but I couldn't trust myself with Deity yet :mischief: I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of it, so keep it up!

That would be sweet. I'm just having a hard time making sense of this strategy in my head.

Uhh apparently I lied to you. I have no idea where I put my SS of that game. Ill play one tomorrow and show you. Probably a good idea to have a pic of this working on Deity for the guide anyway. Sorry about that baller

Uhh apparently I lied to you. I have no idea where I put my SS of that game. Ill play one tomorrow and show you. Probably a good idea to have a pic of this working on Deity for the guide anyway. Sorry about that baller

That's fine. I'm always too lazy or forget to SS mine and even when I do I rarely save them. I also can't seem to find my SSes when I play on my laptop using Windows 8. No idea where they end up :<. If anyone could tell me I'd appreciate it :D! I'm just a bit amazed that this actually works to be perfectly frank. It seems completely suicidal to me.

I love this guide, you talk like me when I'm drunk. I.E. most of the day.

Assyria is the win you grab 3 weak cities to catch up in techs then you monitor the tech situation if someone runs away you blow up his cities.

And those towers are OP as hell. 12 strength nothing can keep up with them.

Instant March Tanks would be awesome, however not doable at the moment. As ekat2468 pointed out, the Ducal Stables would turn into a regular Stable once you take it over. You do get insanely close to Level 4 upgrades on all your units (not just mounted like Poland) when you have all the +XP buildings and Total War. Ill do some research and get exact numbers put up shortly but at the moment just assume 2 attacks + 1 defend will give you that Level 4.

Couldn't you get march tanks if you have Alhambra? I don't remember the promotions for tanks, but I know that you can have march infantry if you have Alhambra for rough 1, barracks for rough 2, armory for rough 3, and military academy + ducal stables/royal library/autocracy/Brandenburg gate.

Top Bottom