Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Camel Archer 1
Keshik 5 - Still requires resources, longbowman makes up for that
Longbowman 9 - Artillery so early is a godsend

Camel Archer 2
Keshik 5+1=6best unit in the game
Longbowman 6-3=3keshik and camels are better

Keshik; the officially best Unique Unit in Sid Meier's Civilization V.

Honorable mentions:
Longbowman
Camel Archer
Chu-Ku-Nu
Janissary
Pathfinder
Carolean

You just weren't good enough.

Keshik victorious! Well deserved, that truly is.

Camel deserved second spot too. Both are glorious units, but dat +50% XP generation (super fast +range/heal/+attack), more KHAAAANS combined with more movement...

Lil' victory dance.

keskiks got the win! I knew people would come to there senses and realize what these units can do for your bloodthirsty conquest.

The top four are so good I don't mind replaying (usually random roll) the Civs, game changing units, the lof them.

I almost gave up on this thread with all the negativity about the Keshiks and Mongols most on which seemed based in using them in the same way the AI does - in small numbers and staying around to get shot at.

Build them early and build as many as you can afford to maintain

That said the top 5 should enable most players to achieve a comfortable conquest of the world.

Footnote
I never played the Mongols until I got them randomly in a MP game (still in progress) which gave me a reason to play them solo. When I move up a level they are my goto Civ. Currently I am playing a Barbarian Nightmare set-up (increased map size with the same number of AI and CS) with them.

Final list

1. Keshik
2. Camel Archer
3. Longbowman
4. Chu-Ko-Nu
5. Impi
6. Janissary
7. Pathfinder
8. Carolean
9. Siege Tower
10. Ship of the Line
11. Sea Beggar
12. Naresuan's Elephant
13. Cossack
14. Winged Hussar
15. Jaguar
16. B17
17. Minuteman
18. Horse Archer
19. Hussar
20. Berber Cavalry
21. Immortal
22. Conquistador
23. Tercio
24. Hwacha
25. Battering Ram
26. Companion Cavalry
27. Pictish Warrior
28. Legion
29. Mohawk Warrior
30- Berserker
31. A. F. Elephant
32. Musketeer
33. Sipahi
34. Nau
35. Norwegian Ski Infantry
36. Turtle Ship
37. War elephant
38. Cataphract
39. Dromon
40. Samurai
41. Panzer
42. Mandekalu Cavalry
43. Mehal Sefari
44. Great Galleass
45. Comanche rider
46. Kris swordsman
47. Ballista
48. Hoplite
49, Bowmen
50. Hakkas
51. Pracinha
52. Maori Warrior
53. Slinger
54. Atlatlist
55. Quinquereme
56. Landsknecht
57. Zero
58. War Chariot

Solid list, the top 4 unit could easily interchange due how close the voting was. That being said the Keshiks' are deserving of being the best unit in the game, the amount of bonus promotion they get in addition to having the left side of Honor open makes it possible in having a horde of level 9+ Keshiks and numerous khans. With all those promotions they retain their usefulness even when Cavalry comes along.

it seems like a select few vote over and over, while some people vote one time or once a week

maybe can change criteria in future to have a lesser number of starting points, and limit of 3 votes over 3 days?

Gongratz, Keshik! It seems like one year didn't change anything and Keshiks won again. Impi fough well to 5th place against all 4 best ranged units, but ranged has clear advantage over melee.

Heyyyyy, the Keshiks made it!

I'm going to go ahead and say that I think the most overrated unit on the list is the winged hussar, the most underrated the battering ram.

Heyyyyy, the Keshiks made it!

I'm going to go ahead and say that I think the most overrated unit on the list is the winged hussar, the most underrated the battering ram.

The Battering Ram is certainly underrated (surprised it went as fast as it did...) but the Winged Hussar is far from being overrated - it's super powerful, moves faster, and even though it IS a lancer replacement you actually want to build 'em.

Seems like a pretty good list to me. I probably would have put the longbow at #1 because it upgrades to awesomeness on a tech tree you'll want to be going anyway, but I don't have enough experience warmongering to know for sure.

Congrats to the Keshik, without you the mongols would be by far the worst civ in the game. With you they are quite good. If this were a "Most Valuable Unit" thread, I would give it to you in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom