Pre-FC/CrezNES Thread: 1836

Progress is still underway, as the first update there's been an extra onus to write/do research and so we're still laying the groundwork for the NES to come. But rest assured it's coming and it's gonna be big! :)

Nice update! I was quite surprised that there's trouble in Denmark already, though I suppose I should really pay more attention to what the German Confederation does. :p So as I understand it, the liberals are gaining ground and getting restless, while the nationalists want Schleswig annexed into Denmark, or otherwise attached more closely than the status quo?

Whoo! Excellent update Crezth and FC! :)

That went better than it could have, I suppose.

I sort of felt that many of us got let off easy. Lots of events sounded like, "Despite the player's stupidity, things worked out okay." Is that indeed the case Crezth, FC? Did you make the first turn especially forgiving?

Awesome update! Definitely worth the wait.

One, really minor, nitpick: in this context, the correct demonym for Texas would actually be Texian, not Texan.

Edit: also, the Sikh's military numbers don't seem to have changed; is this an error?

I sort of felt that many of us got let off easy. Lots of events sounded like, "Despite the player's stupidity, things worked out okay." Is that indeed the case Crezth, FC? Did you make the first turn especially forgiving?

We tried to admit the political precedents that players were willing to set while also respecting historical realism. So even when Santa Anna was ahistorically letting Texas go easy, we respected that it makes more sense for one man's mind to change than an entire political paradigm.

Contrast with Qing or the USCA, where comparatively moderate implementations saw more resistance because of the more atrociously disorganized political situations in those places.

Seeing as I'm playing Denmark in a 19th-century NES, I was quite sure to familiarize myself with the basics of the Slesvig-Holstein question. ;)
So, basically, the liberals and nationalists are getting restless a bit ahead of schedule?

Yes, a bit, in no small part due to the Potsdam Declaration. The longer you let something go unopposed, after all.

Edit: also, the Sikh's military numbers don't seem to have changed; is this an error?

Nope! Your reserves fully replenished your standing army. That'll happen sometimes. In ongoing campaigns (see: Peru-Bolivian War), this auto-replenishment won't occur the same way.

Great update! No complaints with the style whatsoever. Like the organic development of the situation in Korea.

Nuka, you get your opium-tinged paws away from Korea, Ya'hear? We're still your tributary state, so there is protocol to go through before any armed intervention against a 5% shift in government support. However, next time you try to stick that poppy up our back door, we'll mule kick you to the stars! I mean this OOC entirely (still deliberating on IC opinions. :p)

Oooh! Surplus!: BONUS!

Hey Crezth, how immediately important/significant is the shift in Korean support? The Westernizers are now up to 20%, although the Conservatives still hold sway. Can I attempt more direct measures ICly?

You can try all sorts of things, especially IC. It's partially circumstantial but it's also based on your performance and direction. However, the ruling faction is always the most important party. If you go too hard trying to push another faction it can backfire especially if your ruling faction is at odds with the new direction. When the ruling faction does not have the most influence, you're walking on eggshells.

The most important context comes in the update though. Be creative! And don't worry about making mistakes. Bad situations can be salvaged and it's all part of the experience.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that if you do the research or justify your decisions, it really improves how well me and fc can respond.

The Danish Virgin Islands look as though they're British. Could you check the colour?
Also, will the Danish Gold Coast and the French, Portuguese, and Danish colonies in India be represented?
Finally, the British didn't control or dispute that much of Maine- this map would probably be more appropriate.

Sorry, I thought I was bumping it in this thread.

Sorry, I thought I was bumping it in this thread.

The reality of the situation is not always reflected in the map. That said, there will be mistakes. Since this is a historical map and a historical NES, assume whatever was there historically is there for all intents and purposes. So we will look into representing the Danish holdings better.

Yeah, so Great Britain is going from no exports to limited exports (open exports for South America and Mexico).

edit: wrong thread.

His Majesty's Government is not one and the same with the banks of this country and their decisions remain their own. If British Banks decided to refrain from dealing with Mexico then it is up to the Mexican Government to create such conditions as might interest British Banks to invest. Finally, if the Mexican Government wishes to make an issue of this matter it is best bought up with the banks in question and not with the His Majesty's Government.
OOC:
we don't actually. lets move on.

Learn to play the game.

EDIT: I meant that in a kind way.

The game = diplomatic bs.

Are the Netherlands still free, since Arrow Gamer dropped out?

If so, could I take them?

Top Bottom