Your Favourite European cities

Domen said:
Kaiserguard said:
Also note that Ireland and Poland ban abortion

You need to refresh your info Kaiserguard. In Poland abortion is allowed. But not in any situation - there has to be a cause for abortion.

Only in three situations abortion is allowed. When no of these three situations occurs, it is forbidden.

Recently Polish government raised the retirement age for men to 67 years due to very small natural growth of population.

In Eastern Europe (Russia, Belarus, Ukraine) they already have a population decline for many years.

Sorry - as long as we don't find the way to become immortal, I prefer children to be born (especially that I don't want to work to 80 years old):

(Why do I get the feeling their colour-scale was deliberately constructed so that Ireland could be green?)

Or that Russia ended up red.

Eh? What do you mean? Are you talking about population?
I'm saying that these are supposed to be cities in Europe, not around the world. Have you ever heard of a Sydney that isn't Australian? And a New York in Europe? Thought so. Since cities are by bhsup aka standard Missourian standards small enough that it would be easy for many not to know, well, it just follows. :p

But there is no New York City in England, is there?

(Why do I get the feeling their colour-scale was deliberately constructed so that Ireland could be green?)

It is wrong as well that Greece is 10-15%. All studies i have heard of show at least around 25% and i have to suppose this will be considerably over that now given the crisis.

edit: uh, abortion stats for Kosovo, and in the 0,5% range. Very suspicious, m8.

edit: uh, abortion stats for Kosovo, and in the 0,5% range. Very suspicious, m8.

Illegal abortions. I bet Pristina is the favorite European city of any illegal abortionist! (next to Dublin and Warsaw)

I've visited very few European cities very briefly. Hamburg was decent, what with the Alster and the parks. Salzburg was a lovely little town, and I wouldn't mind going back. Lübeck was also nice,though the leaning buildings are interesting and annoying at the same time.

I'd like to visit Yerevan, Bat'umi, T'bilisi, and Istanbul, especially Istanbul. Not sure how European the first three are, though.

I'd like to visit Yerevan, Bat'umi, T'bilisi, and Istanbul, especially Istanbul. Not sure how European the first three are, though.

It's a contentious issue. Especially considering if we accept those as European cities then Mount Blanc is no longer the tallest mountain in Europe(ahh crisis...).

Why on God's green Earth would you like to go to Caucasus when you haven't seen most of the bigger European cities properly btw? They look nice on the pictures, but I wouldn't think of them the first place you go when you visit Europe.

It's a contentious issue. Especially considering if we accept those as European cities then Mount Blanc is no longer the tallest mountain in Europe(ahh crisis...).

Why on God's green Earth would you like to go to Caucasus when you haven't seen most of the bigger European cities properly btw? They look nice on the pictures, but I wouldn't think of them the first place you go when you visit Europe.

Eh, I'm odd like that. I just think the Caucasus is a very interesting place, and I'd like to learn Georgian someday. Obviously I'd steer clear of Nagorno-Karabakh, Chechnya, and Dagestan if I ever visited, though.

I'd probably visit some of the larger cities in Europe first, but I'd like to learn the language before I go anywhere. Gets you a fuller, better experience than being led on a leash by a guide.

Obviously I'd steer clear of Nagorno-Karabakh, Chechnya, and Dagestan if I ever visited, though.

All those places are quite calm right now. I wouldn't mind going to those places out of safety issues myself. Nagorno-Karabakh is for the moment safe to travel, but you may never know when the ceasefire breaks, so you may be right to avoid that place.

All those places are quite calm right now. I wouldn't mind going to those places out of safety issues myself. Nagorno-Karabakh is for the moment safe to travel, but you may never know when the ceasefire breaks, so you may be right to avoid that place.

Recently a few suspected terrorists were killed in a firefight in Dagestan, N-K's apparently littered with live mines, and Chechnya is quieter but still sketchy. Maybe Circassia would be better.

It may be just a village, but at least Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch has a fun name to say, even if it is just a name made up to make its train station sign a tourist attraction.

Top Bottom