Your Favourite European cities

I'm off to Paris in March. Anything interesting going on a casual visitor might catch?:)

Re Paris, only been there once, years ago. I do recall the nice avenues and old apartment buildings in the center. But around the city there are endless slums, so it suffers from a rather common issue with most western european cities that otherwise are great.

Then again, at least it is not a hell on earth, like all Athens apart from the ancient bit and small surrounding area.

edit: hm, in fact i have been there twice... But both were years ago.

I'm off to Paris in March. Anything interesting going on a casual visitor might catch?:)
Six Nations Rugby: France v Ireland, Stade de France, 6pm local time, Saturday, March 15, 2014 - coincides with a long weekend in Ireland so there should be a lot of Irish around (St. Patrick's Day)

The Louvre is enormous - there is plenty in there for a Civ fan.
A personal favourite of mine is the Musée d'Orsay.

Other Civ wonders are:
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Versailles (just outside)

Don't forget the most awesome Pompidou Center and the Sacre Coeur (this is especially beautiful during the night).

Well, Brussels has nice things. My favourite is the Magritte Museum. Granted, I haven't seen much, but I have probably been to the few nice spots there are. :p

Why, that's amusing, most people in my country find it ugly as hell.

Personally I have nothing against it.

Been there once. Apart from the Atomium (which is grotesque as a sight, to say the least...) i don't recall much cause most of the center was made of cube-like megastores. I think i bought some console cartridges for Snes or Gameboy there...

Top Bottom