Second CivFR war

2metraninja

Defender of Nabaxica
So it began.

It is us against CivFR again, this time around we have Apolyton on our side (and good that we do, as we have 40-50 units on that front and Poly do have 100-120). We are very close in power with Poly, but our other half of the army needs to stay on our west border to prepare oppose CP, the NAP with which ends in just 4 turns - in t217.

CP gifted CIvFR a GP so they could start their GA, which is bad for us of course, but we hope not much. So far, CivFR are keeping their forces in the center of their lands and try to get them together. They whip and slave massively at last. THey also upgrade bunch of units with their 1100+ gpt income from their GA boosted cottages. Their stack consists of some 20-30 rifles, 30 cavalries and 20 canons. Not at all to be underestimated and they keep producing and upgrading units. They had lost about 6 cities so far. 1 to us and the other to Poly, which have way longer front and more units to operate with. We have gentleman agreement for fair land share with Poly (need to draw some map).

We took Chinooks flawlessly last turn killing 10 CivFR units which were left God know why there. I see this as bad tactical decision.

Spoiler :

We left Gwin Gwen alone at this time. There are some 5-6 CivFR units there, but the city is cut off from reinforcements and we can take it when we want if we want it. While we keep our main forces together and advancing. I created a Great Medic to help healing our wounded quick. Interesting thing is that units which dont leave their tile (even if they attacked) are still eligible for healing, so our stack will be almost at 100% healthy next turn.

So far, so good. We plan to join stacks with Poly in one huge SoD and keep advancing as fast as we can to break CivFR.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot4203.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot4203.JPG
    430.8 KB · Views: 381
Awesome report, thanks 2metra! That sucks that they got CP's GP, but I guess they can probably do less in a GA than CP could, so maybe it's good in that sense. What are our next targets? Where does UCiv stand in all of this? How is our economy doing amidst all this warring?

What about our CP front? How vulnerable are we there? Will we go on the attack ourselves, or just try to defend while we eliminate CivFr?

Sorry for not posting pics. I am very busy at work, having no days off and working till very late with little more than few hours to sleep. I even needed 2 pauses by 12 hours each to be able to even play our turns.

Our victorious advancing was stopped by CP positioning some 25 cavalries in striking distance lllfrom our stack last turn and our NAP ending this turn. I retreated our stack out of cautiousness and for now we are in trench wars I think. I say "warS", because just as expected, CP declared us a war this turn. 1 minute after CivFR ended turn and turn switched. Good reaction, Ot4e, for someone who claims he have no contact with CivFR whatsoever :)

We are at par with CP and this is tactical play by them I believe.

I take screens each and every turn, but have no where to dump them quick. I would love to make reports and discussion too, but honestly all my energy is soaked up by work and problems. I even used 2-3 times long pauses just to get myself together to play our turn.

I also tried to make a war council last Sunday with Bistrita and SevenSpirit (very talented player from RB, who joined our team as refuge after RB being defeated). Bistrita is very busy too, so we had long chat with Seven and the bottom line for me was we need to get our diplomacy with Poly straight if we want to have chance to win the game.

Now for the current situation - in brief, CP razed 1 and took one other of our cities, which I was mourned and left undefended anyway. We knew those are undefendable in case of war. THose are Catherine and Winter Wasteland - the most SW RB cities we took - on the other side of Thunder Bay.

On the French front, after the tactical retreat from CP cavalry stack, I am in offense again - next turn plan to take 1 city and the turn after - another one. This is more or less because of MZ's strong army advancement, which cut French from reinforcing those.

I have calculated that we need 4 turns income to steal Rep Parts and be able to upgrade 15 infantries and 15 MGs on the French front. Combined with 30 cavalries and 15 canons, this will be formidable group at last able to advance serious in French territory.

MZ of Apolyton lately is unhappy about us bringing not much army (he have 100+ units, where we had like less than 50) and so he starts to speak about not really equal split of land. I will have to show muscles in the field (upgrades) and skills on the diplomacy table to secure fair land split.

What is worrying more is MZ said he now have NAP to t240 with CP, which was not originally intended. He said he have NAP to t230, so even if CP attack us on t 217, we will have to only fight alone 2 front war for like 10 turns. Now we are facing long and lonely 2-front war.

Uciv call us allies and allow us to steal their techs given that we give them money - like 1000 gold for each tech. Which is net gain for us with a good margin. They said they can help us with CP, but they dont have common border, so I cant think of a way to support such thing and make it appealing for them without looking like we use them.

CivFR only drafts and whips and amass army. We will have to wait to see where it hit.

So far, that is. I encourage everyone to log in in the game, take a look and post screens, give ideas, advices, questions, etc. I will try to follow up with this.

Top Bottom