Can you rush Citchen Itza as Brazil?

adsin15

Warlord
I'm playing on Emperor level and I can't seem to make this happen. Only tried on two different maps (I have tried 4 times total from restarting) and I'm wondering if it is possible.

My plan has been National College opening, then quickly do bronze working to chop jungle resources, then beeline for Civil Service.

My plan is to max out the "Liberty" social policy tree right around when I finish Civil Service and use my free GP to get a GE and hurry production on the wonder.

Is this a viable plan? Do I need specific resources/terrain bonuses to make it happen?

Thanks in advance oh ye Masters of Civ5 wonkery.

How quickly Citchen Itza goes to the AI is entirely dependent upon difficult level and has nothing to do with what civ you are playing.

Since your plan is via culture; if your consistently being beat by five or fewer turns try a culture pantheon suitable for your starting terrain (warning that AI is in love with culture pantheons so it may be hard to get)

If consistently by more than ten turns, then I'd take it as a sign that on Emperor that wonder comes too early to snag via Liberty tree.

Brazil doesn't benefit as much from early game Golden Ages. You can skip Chichen Itza and move on to Universal Suffrage from the Freedom tenets, which is like having Chichen Itza. Brazil is all about bombing with late game Carnival tourism. You will be pumping over 1500 tourism lategame as Brazil, and it's much better than having 0-2 tourism and a writers guild because Chichen Itza does give happiness points, and an early Golden Age counter is fairly low. On Immortal+, you are never going to get Chichen Itza anyway. Brazil is the ultimate late game civ because their bonuses, improvements, units are felt more towards late game, and early on you have a terrible jungle start and can't do much.

How quickly Citchen Itza goes to the AI is entirely dependent upon difficult level and has nothing to do with what civ you are playing.

Since your plan is via culture; if your consistently being beat by five or fewer turns try a culture pantheon suitable for your starting terrain (warning that AI is in love with culture pantheons so it may be hard to get)

If consistently by more than ten turns, then I'd take it as a sign that on Emperor that wonder comes too early to snag via Liberty tree.

An early war monger human approach can often throw off the peaceful AI builder schedule and push wonders back considerably.

CI doesnt need philo right? Maybe just bee-line it with multiple library cities if you really want it bad.

Brazil doesn't benefit as much from early game Golden Ages. You can skip Chichen Itza and move on to Universal Suffrage from the Freedom tenets, which is like having Chichen Itza. Brazil is all about bombing with late game Carnival tourism. You will be pumping over 1500 tourism lategame as Brazil, and it's much better than having 0-2 tourism and a writers guild because Chichen Itza does give happiness points, and an early Golden Age counter is fairly low. On Immortal+, you are never going to get Chichen Itza anyway. Brazil is the ultimate late game civ because their bonuses, improvements, units are felt more towards late game, and early on you have a terrible jungle start and can't do much.

Yeah, you don't really need Chichen Itza as Brazil. Just burn one of the extra Great Artists you get to get a Golden Age, and even then you won't need that many Golden Ages because you produce so much Tourism anyway. Chichen Itza comes too early for Brazil, at that point in time you should still be (somewhat painfully, because you have no benefits but you do have a jungle start) building your empire. Brazil only really takes off once you have Machinery and Acoustics so you can work those juicy 2:c5food:2:c5gold:2:c5science:2:c5culture: jungles, and you can start running internal trade routes to your capital or another city on a river to get the Guilds up and have enough food to run them.

Yeah, you don't really need Chichen Itza as Brazil. Just burn one of the extra Great Artists you get to get a Golden Age, and even then you won't need that many Golden Ages because you produce so much Tourism anyway. Chichen Itza comes too early for Brazil, at that point in time you should still be (somewhat painfully, because you have no benefits but you do have a jungle start) building your empire. Brazil only really takes off once you have Machinery and Acoustics so you can work those juicy 2:c5food:2:c5gold:2:c5science:2:c5culture: jungles, and you can start running internal trade routes to your capital or another city on a river to get the Guilds up and have enough food to run them.

And really it doesnt even take off then! Its not until you start turning that culture into tourism via hotels and airports that the brazilwood camp shows its true value.

I dislike woodcamp. You need jungle. It's low food and no hammers. You need to have acoustics and it makes 12 (14 ?) turns to build it.
And you need Airport or Hotel to have a tourism effect. I prefer CI on Emperor.

You can have it with Liberty and GE, also without. You need to start with 2 cities to have NCup soon, than beeline straight to CS. Make sure you haven't an AI with UBor UU on the way off CS (Egypt, Maya) or a late civ with tech for it's UU/UB (Germany, China).
It's a cultural victory so you don't really need 3 or 4 cities, specially if you have observatories in Rio and Sao Paulo.

I remember someone claimed a good way to do it was to try for the GL then use the free tech on Civil Service and get it that way. I could never get it to work on Emperor or above though.

Indeed it is. I bee-lined Civil Service using the GL free tech on Drama & Poetry(which should have been Philosophy for the National college). I unlocked Aristocracy(increase my chances of getting the GL) before Citizenship, then Representation. I built were GL, Stonehenge, and Temple of Artemis and every building i could, opting not to build a settler until I was researching Civil Service to cut down on the policy costs. Interestingly France got to Civil Service ~5 turns before me and I generated a GE 4turns before this screenshot.

Edit:Tried again on different map and shaved 10turns off by picking Philosophy and building the National College. I had a bit of luck in that i had marble, got Calender from a ruin and a culture ruin(allowing me to open Tradition then Liberty before unlocking Aristocracy). Got beat the Temple of Artemis and The Oracle.

Attachments

• BrazilCI.jpg
    BrazilCI.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 196
  • BrazilCI2.jpg
    BrazilCI2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 163
And really it doesnt even take off then! Its not until you start turning that culture into tourism via hotels and airports that the brazilwood camp shows its true value.

I won well before airports by doing a International Games+Golden age bomb...twice!

I dislike woodcamp. You need jungle. It's low food and no hammers. You need to have acoustics and it makes 12 (14 ?) turns to build it.
And you need Airport or Hotel to have a tourism effect. I prefer CI on Emperor.

You can have it with Liberty and GE, also without. You need to start with 2 cities to have NCup soon, than beeline straight to CS. Make sure you haven't an AI with UBor UU on the way off CS (Egypt, Maya) or a late civ with tech for it's UU/UB (Germany, China).
It's a cultural victory so you don't really need 3 or 4 cities, specially if you have observatories in Rio and Sao Paulo.

Building a Brazilwood camp only takes 6 turns IIRC.

Top Bottom