NESer names backwards = exotic characters or planets:

Reznap T'fad

Esoomyk Cul

D'Nouh Meg

Depins Mas

Enirbo Reh-Dorl

888 Ecnarret

D. Y'nohp Mys

I believe he was made a mod in both NES and IOT at the same time, which was at least several months ago, if not longer...

EDIT: November, if he was instituted in both forums at the same point.

When did we get the new overlord moderator, Bsmith1068? Just noticed that today.

Mr Smith will be assuming duties as the offical NES moderator. I am taking a six month sabbatical from moderating CFC. My RL work has added several new dimensions that cut into my time here substantially. So, rather than be a halfassed moderator who is not around enough, I have decided to step away from those responsibilities and pass them along to BSmith. I will be around from time to time, but you cannot count on me to fix problems in a timely manner, if at all.

Mr Smith will be assuming duties as the offical NES moderator. I am taking a six month sabbatical from moderating CFC. My RL work has added several new dimensions that cut into my time here substantially. So, rather than be a halfassed moderator who is not around enough, I have decided to step away from those responsibilities and pass them along to BSmith. I will be around from time to time, but you cannot count on me to fix problems in a timely manner, if at all.

So we're being handed off without a say in the matter to a moderator that isn't active in the community and has no understanding of it? Sounds like the death of NESing incoming.

So we're being handed off without a say in the matter to a moderator that isn't active in the community and has no understanding of it? Sounds like the death of NESing incoming.

Sounds like every other subforum that's survived. It's worth noting that this happens all the time in the other subforums; most of the other subforums don't have any moderators who are involved with the community. IOT's entire history and the CivV modding subforum up until after the release of G&K are both good examples; I'm sure you could find many more without difficulty.

Sounds like every other subforum that's survived. It's worth noting that this happens all the time in the other subforums; most of the other subforums don't have any moderators who are involved with the community. IOT's entire history and the CivV modding subforum up until after the release of G&K are both good examples; I'm sure you could find many more without difficulty.

We've had awful experiences with mods in the past. Closing threads, mandating rules, censoring posts, etc.

As has everywhere else. Usually ends in the forum-goers complaining until the mods have to do something different.

BSmith understands how I have done things in the past and I think he will treat you all fairly. He asked for the opportunity. I suggest you engage him in conversation about what is important to you. I think he will listen and respond. His other forum at the moment is IOT so he is not completely out of the loop with how NESers might post.

Don't be grumpy just to be grumpy. Wait until you have a serious reason. :)

RE: new moderator. Insert LOTR 'you have no power here' quote :)

PS: I found a little theatrical intro for Symphony D. (I'll claim it for myself if he doesn't want it)

Link to video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom