Revolutions

Thank you, I haven't tried it ter, because it always crashed the game I had with it.

Any way to make revolting cities turn into Major Civs? Major civs that haven't spawned already.

that's planned with HSD.

Any problem running both ?

Not personally, (I haven't even tried yet) but I've heard of people having issues with Emigration when running both, and I just wanted to see whether I'd get issues if I tried using both. Judging by your response, I'm guessing they are compatible. Thanks for responding!:)

Thanks for this great mod! Does it affect difficulty levels? I am finding it a lot easier on my usual difficulty level and am building a lot of wonders.

Also, does tourism city flipping run alongside the system you have created or are they in some way linked?

Finally, do trade routes affect the cultural balance of a city?

Thanks again!

It is affected by your happiness, so the difficulty level has an effect.

Tourism city flipping is still here, but the rebel's units spawning with low happiness from the base game is removed, as it would really be redundant.

Trade routes have no effect yet, but it will be implemented somehow. I think I'll do my own emigration mechanism at some point.

That sounds great. Are there other mods that you would recommend to run this with, other the ones in your modpack?

When loading saved games, the happiness counter is reset to zero for all culture groups. Any ideas?

When loading saved games, the happiness counter is reset to zero for all culture groups. Any ideas?

Are you loading from within a running game? If so, I believe that can cause problems with mod data retention. Instead, exit to the main menu and go back through the whole mod selection screen and load from custom advanced setup. Unfortunately, there isn't a quicker way that avoids having to go through the whole process.

That sounds great. Are there other mods that you would recommend to run this with, other the ones in your modpack?

I know the question wasn't intended for me, but I'd recommend the Emigration mod, which is known to work with the latest version of this mod. It adds a sort of chain effect once a civ's happiness reaches rock bottom when coupled with this mod. It ends up keeping lots of the expansionist civs in check during the early game, in my experience, and you're actually rewarded for excess happiness!

Thanks anonemuss. Is anyone else finding that when a nearby rival city rebels it always becomes a city state even if it is 60% your culture? For example a Russian city became the "Mayan Rebels" and were inexplicably angry with me (Maya) rather than flipping to my side.

I have thought about playing with the flip to city state option off, but would rather there were both possibilities.

No matter what, it seems successful rebels go through a period where they are "at war" with the culture that owned the city before them. I'm not sure if it's due to culture or relations, but after their rebellious phase ends they'll either join the civ they're friendliest with, or become their own city-state. At least it worked like that in my experience.

Are there any known issues with this mod running on Macs?
should work.

No matter what, it seems successful rebels go through a period where they are "at war" with the culture that owned the city before them. I'm not sure if it's due to culture or relations, but after their rebellious phase ends they'll either join the civ they're friendliest with, or become their own city-state. At least it worked like that in my experience.
both, distance being a factor too.

if there is no one they like close enough, they'll declare their independence (new CS)

Just had a game end because of a serious Viking rebellion. Had a pretty solid Viking empire going, but I expanded too quickly and didn't have enough luxury resources to keep up with the expansion.

Do you think that the rebel spawning is a bit high? I think I had like 5 rebel pikeman spawn out of one city.

Depends how you manage your game, really. Although I find myself occupying my own country with a huge army parked at each one of my cities sans for my capital. So I ended up with a very very veteran army with the other civs too chicken to go to war with me and with their own rebel issues, we really didn't mess with each other. What was interesting was watching city states have rebel issues themselves, mainly because they were too close to another civ's frontier and the rebels would take the city state. Made for a great opportunity to intervene and create an instant City State ally on a different continent. Although I had to end up stationing troops there to prevent the rebels from taking the City State. Very analogous to the issues in Iraq and Afghanistan the US faced... Had to do a troop surge and pissed off the neighboring Persians. I used a map akin to the one from the TV show Game of Thrones (A song of ice and fire book series), I was in northern Essos, and this city state was on the coast of northern Westeros southeast of where Winterfell would have been. Loved how different this mod makes me play the game.

Just had a game end because of a serious Viking rebellion. Had a pretty solid Viking empire going, but I expanded too quickly and didn't have enough luxury resources to keep up with the expansion.

Do you think that the rebel spawning is a bit high? I think I had like 5 rebel pikeman spawn out of one city.

In the next version killing a rebel unit by attacking it will reduce the relation penalty with this rebel's culture group (and so the chance of new rebellion, at least temporary)

Hi Gedemon
Enjoying the revolutions mod a lot it has created new interest in the game for me so thanks.

I'm chasing a bug in the function GetRelationChange().
Sometimes this code at line 1099 creates an error further along that function:
Code:
	if cultureType ~= SEPARATIST_TYPE then
		data.otherPlayer = Players[ GetPlayerIDFromCivType (cultureType, true) ]
		data.otherTeam = Teams[data.otherPlayer:GetTeam()]

because sometimes data.otherPlayer is nil. So I am trying to work out why otherPlayer is sometimes a nil pointer when it should be always defined.

Any ideas?

the mod will be a part of the R.E.D. DLL for BNW (because I've ported the code for culture diffusion to the DLL side, it's now faster...), I have a version almost ready for release but my last test show some very big lag when selecting units while at war in multiplayer and I want to have a look at that before making it public, even if I suspect it to be a vanilla issue with the sequential/hybrid mode...

the development version is available here:
https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-RED-DLL-BNW-Build (download the zip or use Git)

It's the project, you have to build it with modbuddy if you want to test it.

Now for your question, I know that have changed a few thing during the inclusion in the DLL mod (but they are marginal for Revolution, and mostly Lua, while the whole Cultural diffusion code has been rewritten), but I don't remember if it could have fixed that...

Top Bottom