Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Assuming you have the Steam install for Civ 5 search here:
\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

All you need to find out yourself is where you installed Steam :).

Basically, the old elements of UI pop up....

Strangely, this really feels like symptoms of other Mods conflict(s). Even if you claim *not* having anything else active, i'd be very surprised that there's nothing else interfering with true Vanilla defaults.

Something i've been trying (for weeks now!!) to find out too (which also proves there's other stuff creeping in, btw);
-- Your city view Top-Left corner is customized to show values in small boxes (along side the Icons only) instead of the usual drop-down listing.
** Which mod does that?

-- Your city view Top-Left corner is customized to show values in small boxes (along side the Icons only) instead of the usual drop-down listing.
I believe that's the default display when small interface is enabled.

Uh? Well, i *DO* have the small-scale interface option ON. And my City-View screen is still using the full-blown drop-down style for that list. Weird - to say the least.
Lemme check some other related stuff...

PS; Sooooo. Nope - nothing specifically "wrong" with these default files (LUA & XML) from their hosting folders (Both for vanilla UI and Expansion2-DLC). Seems okay to me. I have a silly habit to fiddle a bit with some of these files directly from installed directories (ex;how i fixed the Civilopedia overlapping at the bottom "flaw") though. But no changes were done for any City-View stuff.

Something i've been trying (for weeks now!!) to find out too (which also proves there's other stuff creeping in, btw);
** Which mod does that?

Dunno, isn't it just a an old production screen menu?

Look at 2nd screen. Seems like vanilla game.
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com/2010/09/21/civilization-v-first-thoughts-part-2/

My screen res is 1366x768

Now, i'm even more puzzled than i was!

1680x1050 here... i just tried altering my Interface options to much lower settings to see if that corner would reset its framework like yours and, no luck -- it remained exactly as is. Refer to the image in this post; http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13352539&postcount=871

I kinda like it better when somehow compressed that way... not only that, EUI could use such a method as a feature since the available screen area could grow even further to help with its "larger" production stack listing.

Back to square one, still dunno what causes that to happen.

PS; You might also be right about game version(s). Vanilla, G&K, BNW, multiple DLC -- it's easy to get mixed up about actual facts that produces various UI parameters.

I created imgur album. Screens with descriptions, they were done using 1.22a

I deleted old folder before installing EUI, I verified my game in steam, I deleted cfg files, deleted cache and moduserdata before that.

http://imgur.com/a/Xk74B

I then ran tests with 1.22, same settings, everything was fine, and then played with my usual mods selection, everything was fine too.

I only have problems with 1.22a.

edit: my dlcs. http://imgur.com/mOTZMv1 Everything is activated in steam. I use English version.

I see in your Interface options that "Automatically Size.." is ON!
Now, here's a somehow good hint on creepy stuff.

When the "Auto-Size" if OFF and "Use Small Scale" is ON... the whole UI behaves quite differently is a number of ways. I'd suggest trying a brand ***NEW*** game with such options to see if that would fix the issue. If not, then i have no idea what else could interfere with normal (or expectable) gameplay UI conditions.

I just completely uninstalled CiV (also deleted leftover folders in documents and steam section). And then tested it with default settings, with the settings you proposed, still the same bugs. Seems like it's a some weird glitch that's only affects a very small portion of players or even only me, maybe something is wrong with my system.

Well, 1.22 is still works fine, i'll continue to use that version.

Come to think of it, I've also had the same bug some time ago, but after some updates it was gone, now it seems to be back in 1.22a.

Thanks for your patience.

Is it possible to disable the unit ribbon only (leaving the other UnitPanel features intact), since it gets pretty clogged up mid to late game and overlaps most of the top buttons in the unit commands column, not to mention that I never use it.

Also, is it possible to make it so that when I am buying tiles in a city, I don't have to re-enter buy mode after every tile purchase? This has been driving me crazy mid & late game ever since I started playing Civ V.
Any ideas anyone?

Also, can someone share v1.21 of the mod, in which there is no ribbon? I can't find previous versions anywhere.

Is there a way I can remove just the sound effect of the new border growth?

I love this mod! There's just one problem I'd like help fixing. The sound that plays when a city grows sounds very much like the call light at work (I'm a nurse). You can imagine I don't want to hear this noise at home. I can't figure out how to silence just that sound. Any tips?

How can I disable the border expansion sound effect? It's slowly killing me.

This sound has been driving me nuts as well. The fix is below:

Go to your steam folder,
<STEAM FOLDER>\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Sounds\XML

you're looking for a file called 'NotificationSounds.xml'

Search for 'NOTIFICATION_CITY_TILE' in the file.

Replace the value 'AS2D_INTERFACE_CITY_TILE' with 'AS2D_PLACEHOLDER_BLANK'.

This removes the border growth/expansion sound.

Enjoy.

Why can't I see the exact scores other other civs with cities, land, population, wonders, etc? This is really becoming a deal breaker. >.<

Anyway, I do believe I've figured it out. Is it as simple as adding the "art" entry or is there something else I should be aware of?
great job figuring this out ;)
I have two suggestions of which I know at least the second have been asked before:
  • Graying out completed wonders in tech tree: CEP had a function which grayed out wonders in the tech tree that had already been completed. It made it easy to have an overview when planning Wonder Buildings.
  • Promotion Icon Flags: Once Again a freature from CEP (but based on an earlier mod). I know you've been asked about this one before and have said that you do not wish to provide info that the base game does not (I think). But IMHO this info should be there. For example you can already see if an enemy unit has the Drill promotion of you move the mouse over it - why not make it so that we can see the info easily without having to use these workarounds? Isn't that one of the purposes of making a better UI?
maybe someday if I find the time
I have a weird bug with 1.22a. Everything is fine with the previous version, 1.22. Basically, the old elements of UI pop up...
there is hardly any difference between 1.22 and 1.22a; make sure your 1.22a download is not corrupt and does include those zero sized files such as productionpopup.lua, their role is to prevent what you are seeing from happening
thx for the developer
thx for sharing

Cheers

How do I declare war in the newest version in multiplayer without attacking something or entering borders. I need to be able to do this to zone people from certain things like settlers, workers, and ruins. Please let me know!!!

How do I declare war in the newest version in multiplayer without attacking something or entering borders. I need to be able to do this to zone people from certain things like settlers, workers, and ruins. Please let me know!!!
Ran into this myself. In Civ V's interface options, you have to toggle the multiplayer score list. Otherwise, EUI's diplomacy sidebar will not work.

there is hardly any difference between 1.22 and 1.22a; make sure your 1.22a download is not corrupt and does include those zero sized files such as productionpopup.lua, their role is to prevent what you are seeing from happening

I'm having the same problem.

I've tried re-downloading multiple times, from different browsers, from a different computer, and even my phone, and those files are still zeroed, and it still happens.

I'm sort of at a loss at what to do lol.

Hello,

I've just noticed I didn't post my question in the right forum...
so, I copy it...

I've downloaded and tried this DLC which is a very good one, that makes it faster the view of the whole civilization.

I encountered a trouble yesterday and I don't know if it is linked with...

My academies didn't give me 4 more production points with the New Deal unlocked...
As you can see :
First image

Second image

I've never used New Deal policy before and I don't know if it is a game issue or a DLC issue...

Can you check if it is an issue of the DLC, please ?

Should it be a known game issue, can you tell me as well, please ?

By the way, the game is hosted by a friend through Internet.

Cheers

Well ! Never mind !
It should be correct...

The trouble is the translation of the civilopedia in French :
"Landmarks and Great Person improvements produce +4 of the appropriate yield"
has been translated by :
"+4 production bonus for Landmarks and Great Person improvments"

Sorry for that...

Your DLC rocks :banana:

Top Bottom