Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

In the above cases, if I hover "start a golden age" then move to insta tech icon, tech icon will show golden age text. If I hover manufactory then swap to scientist and hover tech, it will show manufactory. The same applies in any combination.
Yep, turns out that's another bug related to BNW-exclusive things. Seems like quite a bit of stuff in EUI wasn't actually tested in vanilla, or if it was effectively playtested by players, it wasn't reported.

The behavior you described happens whenever the code that creates the tooltip crashes, so instead the last successfully generated tooltip is shown. In the great people actions case, it's due to the fact that the tooltips try to use functions that give the amount of science/production/city-state influence/Portuguese Nau unit XP for these actions, but those were only added in BNW.

All of this makes me think that there are probably other bugs that you simply haven't stumbled upon yet... But in case you're particularly bothered by the ones you've discovered, you could utilize these modifications (however, all the tooltip will show for most of these now is the descriptive text, no useful numbers):
Spoiler UI_bc1\zEUI\EUI_tooltip_server.lua :
Code:
        -- Sell Exotic Goods -- bnw only
        elseif actionType == "MISSION_SELL_EXOTIC_GOODS" then

insert( toolTip, L"TXT_KEY_MISSION_SELL_EXOTIC_GOODS_HELP" )
            if isCiv5BNW and gameCanHandleAction then
                insert( toolTip, "----------------" )
                insert( toolTip, "+" .. unit:GetExoticGoodsGoldAmount() .. "[ICON_GOLD]" )
                insert( toolTip, L( "TXT_KEY_EXPERIENCE_POPUP", unit:GetExoticGoodsXPAmount() ) )
            end

-- Great Scientist, bnw only
        elseif actionType == "MISSION_DISCOVER" then

insert( toolTip, L"TXT_KEY_MISSION_DISCOVER_TECH_HELP" )
                insert( toolTip, "+" .. unit:GetDiscoverAmount() .. "[ICON_RESEARCH]" )
            end

-- Great Engineer, bnw only
        elseif actionType == "MISSION_HURRY" then

insert( toolTip, L"TXT_KEY_MISSION_HURRY_PRODUCTION_HELP" )
                insert( toolTip, "+" .. unit:GetHurryProduction(unitPlot) .. "[ICON_PRODUCTION]" )
            end

-- Great Merchant, bnw only
        elseif actionType == "MISSION_TRADE" then

insert( toolTip, L"TXT_KEY_MISSION_CONDUCT_TRADE_MISSION_HELP" )
            if gameCanHandleAction then
                if isCiv5BNW then
                    insert( toolTip, "+" .. unit:GetTradeInfluence(unitPlot) .. "[ICON_INFLUENCE]" )
                end
                insert( toolTip, "+" .. unit:GetTradeGold(unitPlot) .. "[ICON_GOLD]" )
            end
I guess for the happiness per policy bug, one could use the "TXT_KEY_SOCIALPOLICY_HEADING1_TITLE" localization key instead of "TXT_KEY_VP_POLICIES" in "UI_bc1\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua".

Last edited:
Does anyone know if EUI works with Rhye's and Fall? I don't want to bother him with a request to play it just yet, but I've noticed in the screenshots that no one has been using EUI. Could be coincidence, could be intended. Would be a little unfortunate if I couldn't use EUI with it.

Can Religions simply use the color of their civilizations? This way, you won't have two reds next to one another.
I want to force this into the next update of Vox Populi. Anybody else with me?

Top Bottom