2015 MLB season.

Picked up the Padres' top pitching prospect. And the Pads are eating all of Kimbrel's and Upton's contracts. Considering a closer isn't worth a whole lot to a team in full-rebuild mode, it was a fantastic trade from the Braves' perspective.

Absolutely. Getting a top prospect, a fairly high draft pick, and dumping what was effectively $47 million in dead money was so worth it. I still don't think this whole rebuild thing was necessary in the first place, but I'm glad the Braves are going all-in on it, hopefully not ending up like the Phillies who are still "rebuilding".

That said, I can't imagine the timing is going to be particularly well-received. I guess it took them this long to finally get someone to eat BJ's contract(my understanding is the reason it took so long to trade Gattis is we wanted to attach BJ to it and teams laughed and hung up when they realized we were serious). I understand it but I can also understand why some people are pretty miffed about it.

Ugh. ESPN's site redesign is an atrocity.

Ugh. ESPN's site redesign is an atrocity.

Yeah, it feels extremely cluttered but I don't really use ESPN for much besides checking scores/standings real fast anyway.

Yeah, it feels extremely cluttered but I don't really use ESPN for much besides checking scores/standings real fast anyway.

Just type into google:

"[x league] standings" or "[x league] scores" or "[x team] schedule" It will give you those without you having to navigate through other slow, clunky, poorly designed webpages for one simple piece of information.

Way faster. I only go onto ESPN to look at the NBA playoff standings, as for some reason google only gives you the conference/division standings.

Interestingly, in non-opening day appearances against Felix, he only has 1 HR, though he has plenty of other hits.

Mmm. Very satisfying win for the BoSox considering all the offseason rumors about Hamels and how the Sox needed him so bad. (Obviously one game is not proof of that, but it's still satisfying on a surface level.)

Although Panda looked pretty awful at the plate today I must say. Perhaps trying too hard to equal the performance of his newfound friend Hanley who hit a grandslam.

Hamels is always a slow starter. AFAIK he averages something like 4 runs in his first start every year.

Edit: Found the line this is normal for him: 8 GS, 42 1/3 IP, 1-6, 5.53 ERA, 1.51 WHIP, 2.6 BB/9, 8.9 K/9, 1.5 HR/9
After today: 9 GS, 47 1/3 IP, 1-7, 5.71 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, 2.9 BB/9, 9.1 K/9, 2.1 HR/9

Welp guess it's about that time.

By which I mean time for "analysts" on cable sports networks to make hilariously dramatic declarations about baseball teams and players based on a sample size of 1 game. I get that it's their job to produce the hottest of takes, but sometimes it really makes you question if any of these guys have ever followed a season of baseball before.

Hanley Ramirez and Dustin Pedroia are both going to hit over 300 home runs, right?

Top Bottom