• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Shooting at Wilders speech in Texas

I'm just going to guess that a billion or so Muslims would not readily agree with this blatantly biased observation.
Yes I am biased. Is it objectionable to have a bias for fairness? For human rights? For protection of minorities? For gender equality? For freedom of religion and freedom in general? Do you really want to pretend that we know nothing about what constitutes healthy and flourishing societies?

Pam Geller should be banned from the planet, but since she is a US citizen we are stuck with her.
And why exactly should she be banned? Can you give me a single quote or action you consider so outrageous that you would have her banned?

And why exactly should she be banned? Can you give me a single quote or action you consider so outrageous that you would have her banned?

Of course not. You clearly agree with her, so I couldn't provide anything remotely resembling "outrageous" without you discarding it. Just like the fact that billions of people don't agree with your biased view doesn't slow either one of you down at all in your blind righteousness.

and you complain about bias and bigotry?

But I don't complain about quote mining, I just laugh at those who think it demonstrates anything.

:lol:

For those who missed the joke, the little arrow provides links to the complete posts being quoted so that you can immediately see how "of course not" was snipped out to make a totally false presentation. Although a quote miner with even a bare minimum of skill wouldn't try to mine a quote off the very same page, making the arrow unnecessary.

Desperate much, Berzerker?

Of course not. You clearly agree with her, so I couldn't provide anything remotely resembling "outrageous" without you discarding it.
Whether or not I agree with her is irrelevant. I asked you to give me a quote or action that you consider to justify a ban.

classical_hero said:
Here is the winning drawing for reference.
It was, by the way, a man who was raised as a Muslim who drew this picture.

I'm not sure how much that is relevant.

Aleister Crowley was raised in a Plymouth Brethren family.

Whether or not I agree with her is irrelevant. I asked you to give me a quote or action that you consider to justify a ban.

Again, why? I could give you one, or a hundred, or a thousand. You would say "Oh those don't cut it." What is gained by this course of discussion? She, like you, is driven by bias. Unlike you, she has established a position of prominence and encourages abuse based on her biases, so I would be happy to do without her and can fully understand why the UK would choose to do so.

But I don't complain about quote mining, I just laugh at those who think it demonstrates anything.

:lol:

For those who missed the joke, the little arrow provides links to the complete posts being quoted so that you can immediately see how "of course not" was snipped out to make a totally false presentation. Although a quote miner with even a bare minimum of skill wouldn't try to mine a quote off the very same page, making the arrow unnecessary.

Desperate much, Berzerker?

You are complaining, but what joke and what arrow?

You are complaining, but what joke and what arrow?

No, I'm laughing, not complaining. There's a difference. It is no surprise that you don't see the joke though, even though it is pretty obvious.

The arrow is also very obvious, but I can't think of a clever way to point at it...

Again, why? I could give you one, or a hundred, or a thousand. You would say "Oh those don't cut it." What is gained by this course of discussion? She, like you, is driven by bias.
So you claim that a person deserves to be banned from the planet, but won't state any of your "thousands" of reasons because you think they will get rejected? This is getting comical. :)

Oh, and I already said that I am biased.

Of course not. You clearly agree with her, so I couldn't provide anything remotely resembling "outrageous" without you discarding it. Just like the fact that billions of people don't agree with your biased view doesn't slow either one of you down at all in your blind righteousness.

No, I'm laughing, not complaining. There's a difference. It is no surprise that you don't see the joke though, even though it is pretty obvious.

The arrow is also very obvious, but I can't think of a clever way to point at it...

I dont see an arrow or joke, just you refusing to quote the person you want to ban from the world. And adding a :lol: to a complaint about quote mining doesn't mean you weren't complaining.

I dont see an arrow or joke, just you refusing to quote the person you want to ban from the world. And adding a :lol: to a complaint about quote mining doesn't mean you weren't complaining.

I wasn't complaining, I was ridiculing. Effectively, I assume, since you haven't dropped it.

So you claim that a person deserves to be banned from the planet, but won't state any of your "thousands" of reasons because you think they will get rejected? This is getting comical. :)

Oh, and I already said that I am biased.

So did I. You clearly are, but I pointed it out anyway, as it conveniently explained your motives behind what you were saying.

I'm biased as well. As I said, I was born in a western nation and fit best here. I just don't let that bias make me say things like "western culture is clearly superior, just ask any westerner," because I recognize that saying things like that would make me look silly.

I also don't quote hate speech, because I see no point in spreading it further. The people who agree with it don't see any point made, and the people who recognize it as hate speech already agree with me. Quoting her is hardly consistent with thinking the planet would be better off without hearing what she has to say, is it?

I also don't quote hate speech, because I see no point in spreading it further. The people who agree with it don't see any point made, and the people who recognize it as hate speech already agree with me. Quoting her is hardly consistent with thinking the planet would be better off without hearing what she has to say, is it?

Ok, I see. :) In future we'll just go around banning people from the planet without giving any reasons, as this would only reveal their true nature to the world. And we sure don't want that to happen!

I hope you realize how ridiculous this whole line of thought is. Anyway, I've had enough amusement for now, I'm off to bed. ;)

Top Bottom