THE THREAD ABOUT BREAD(s)

FAVORITE BREAD Y/N!?

• oatmeal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rye (or other dark breads like pumpernickel)

• pita

• rice bread, that's a thing too

• crackers

• quickbreads (i.e. pancakes, waffles)

• cake

• sweetbreads (which are actually meat, you joker)

• I'll take Downtown's Faves for 800, Alex

• Phrossack's fluffy 'fro

• Total voters
(I'll save the rest for somewhere else.)

And here it is. Humans have been eating grain in the form of baked dough, with and without leavening, for millennia. SO DISCUSS IT!!!???!?

Note: Poll incoming on your favorite type of bread.

You know, I've always wanted to talk about bread. Bread is good.

But there are those amongst us, who hate it. When I first heard someone "buh buh I don't eat bread at all", I was shocked. Legitimately. It was so odd. Like...Everyone likes bread, right? Who doesn't like bread? Even communists like bread. It's one of the few things that unites us as humans.

I think that whoever said that might be a covert alien

Very good point.

Whenever I see a person who claims they hate bread, I try and peel off their face mask to reveal the alien underneath, thus proving Giorgio Tsoukalos' theories correct.

I like a lot of different kinds.

Generally don't like crusts. Booo.

Potato bread, soft baguettes, naan, and more... Mmmm. My mom somehow made up a rather nice and simple recipie where she'd cut up some bread, put green onions, olive oil, and salt on it, cook it in the oven a little bit. Real good.

As a proud heathen american eating carbs via cereals/sandwiches/etc, I do get sliced bread for sandwiches. Usually whole wheat or potato or something labelled with "oat". Which for standard american fair, the first ingredient (most prominent) is still going to be "enriched flour", but "whole wheat" means it has a nonzero amount of whole wheat. Yay food labeling!

I make a yuppie banana bread. Greek yogurt, barley flour, bananas, rolled oats, dark chocolate chips. I make some yuppie apple cinnamon greek yogurt rolled oat pancakes (throw stuff in blender). I also make buckwheat flour pancakes. I also make really bad bruschetta sometimes (french bread/baguette).

That covers 50% of my attempted cooking. Banana breads and pancakes.

I love me them bread forms. Banana breads and carrot breads are the best.

Also true master race is muffins, if pancakes/waffles are in this poll.

Soft baguette? What the good grief is that?

Seriously, French baguettes are really good. I think they use a different strain of wheat to the rest of us, and that's why other people don't make such good ones. Still, that's probably not true, and French bread is nearly always refined white flour, so there's that to consider.

Anyway, yeah, bread.

I believe they used to make bread out of gunpowder during WWI, which is why my mother (born in 1914) had sticky out teeth and was excessively ugly.

I might be wrong about that, though. So please don't quote me as an authority on the subject. I'm really not.

Naan is the best bread, no contest.

My favorite breads are potato breads.

They are tastier, heartier, and last longer w/o going stale or bad than most other breads.

Sourdough is the only acceptable answer.

Somebody in the Bay would say that.

Generally don't like crusts. Booo.

Do you have your loved ones remove the crusts from your bread?

As a proud heathen american eating carbs via cereals/sandwiches/etc, I do get sliced bread for sandwiches. Usually whole wheat or potato or something labelled with "oat". Which for standard american fair, the first ingredient (most prominent) is still going to be "enriched flour", but "whole wheat" means it has a nonzero amount of whole wheat. Yay food labeling!

Related note: I appreciate this one pasta label that admits it's only 51% whole wheat pasta. Honesty counts.

Also true master race is muffins, if pancakes/waffles are in this poll.

I could have sworn I put in muffins. Miss #1.

Afaik bread is very fattening. I try to avoid it :)

Typical Greek, first ya guys ruin the Roman Empire, then the Eurozone, and now bread.

LIQUID BREAD :beer:

Not a bad choice. I had four slices last night.

Rye bread and pumpernickel are completely different types of bread...

Pumpernickel is black.. Rye is usually like this (without the soup)
Spoiler :

Stupid wikipedia! Miss #2.

My favorite breads are potato breads.

They are tastier, heartier, and last longer w/o going stale or bad than most other breads.
although it is not my most commonly eaten bread, i have to say that potato bread is certainly the best tasting. grills really well too.

Word. I've recently started buying more potato bread recently. I was on an oatmeal bread kick but it makes too many crumbs.

Voted for sourdough, because it covers a range of breads like pumpernickel and (presumably) soda bread, all of which are incrediballs.

However, it should be noted that different kinds of breads are used for different kinds of foods! I would never have a PB&J on white sourdough, it would ruin the taste combo at work. And I would only use a flatbread for Levantine, Arab, or SW Asian foods.

Who doesn't like bread?

People with celiac disease.

Top Bottom