• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

All leader portraits

So lets finish B5 and D5-E1.

B5, the strongest pick is Ghana Empire as Mali and Songhai are not in.

D5: Look like a woman leading a country that have a name between Scy and Sp.

E1: Man who lead a country that have name between Sp and Su.

I can't find any notable female leaders of Ghana, and the image does look like a women in a veil.

Oh, what about Granada? Fits in the alphabet and the headdress fits (to my limited knowledge...). Might be too small of a scope as a civilization.

Holy crap. This is the most Civ Fanatics thread ever.

We already know D5. It's Isabella of Portugal (ruler of Spain). The portrait matched perfectly. The question is why.

Without mods, you can have 22 civs in a game in civ 5. That could well be the same in Civ 6. If the 18 civs in the base game along with day one DLC add up to this, that would make sense.

What happened to big personalities? I was told that was what they were going for when choosing leaders. Ivan should be here not Peter according to that. And if France has Joan of Arc, that will be thoroughly disappointing.

Oh, what about Granada? Fits in the alphabet and the headdress fits (to my limited knowledge...). Might be too small of a scope as a civilization.

Just went through all rulers of the Emirate of Granada, there's very few pictures and none are remotely close to B5.

And yes, I agree with you that Granada doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a Civilization. The closest would be something like Al-Andaluz or The Moors.

We already know D5. It's Isabella of Portugal (ruler of Spain). The portrait matched perfectly. The question is why.

I think this is correct, and the theory about it being the wrong Google Image result for Isabella of Castile is also correct.

What I can't get past is E1, which a) really does look like Philip, and b) Sp-Su gives very few options to play with and I can't think of any other Civ which might fit. I still think Philip might be on there as an alternate leader for Spain.

B5 looks more like a sepia daguerreotype than a painting, in my opinion.

Its NOT Ghana. That person is not African. She look like European woman from Middle-Ages.

What happened to big personalities? I was told that was what they were going for when choosing leaders. Ivan should be here not Peter according to that. And if France has Joan of Arc, that will be thoroughly disappointing.

Main theory: B3: Henry IV(France); B4: Barbarossa(Germany); B5: unknown.
Secondary theory: B3: unknown; B4: Joan of Arc(France); B5: Bismarck(Germany).

Personally I support the main theory.

Wow so much action. I must be late to the party. Has A4 been decided on? The order of civs seem alphabetical so my guess it's Belgium and it's king Leopold

I think this is correct, and the theory about it being the wrong Google Image result for Isabella of Castile is also correct.

What I can't get past is E1, which a) really does look like Philip, and b) Sp-Su gives very few options to play with and I can't think of any other Civ which might fit. I still think Philip might be on there as an alternate leader for Spain.

Isabella for Spain, Phillip for Spanish Netherlands?

Here's a collage matching the leaders with their portraits. Please report any mistakes.

Spoiler :

E1 looks almost identical to Henry IV of France, which the intern might have switched up with B3. Black clothing could hint at protestantism - Jan van Riebeeck perhaps?

Spoiler :

Top Bottom