All leader portraits

I'm surprised too. That's why I thought C5 might be Khmer (and this would work now since Kongo is before).
Khmer would come before Kongo. H comes before O.

Lol, no Southeast Asian civilization?

Yeah, they're certainly going for "diversity", omitting a part of world history which had a dozen great empires and kingdoms and is inhabited by nearly 10% of the world population.

If this really is the final 22, it's full of questionable choices.

A record number of European civs.
Brazil over the Inca. Shoot, having Brazil at all.
And the list skews heavily towards the modern and medieval over the ancient.
The only pleasant surprise is Sumeria.

So...

A1-Teddy Roosevelt (America)
A2-Saladin (Arabia)
A3-Montezuma (Aztecs)
A4-Pedro II (Brazil)
A5-Qin Shi Huang (China)

B1-Cleopatra (Egypt)
B2-Victoria (England)
B3- ????? possibly Henry IV (France), looks like a European leader in black clothes with white collar
B4-Frederick Barbarossa (Germany)
B5-????? to me, it looks like a man with facial hair, wearing light clothes and possibly a shawl

C1-Pericles (Greece)
C2-Gandhi (India)
C3-Hojo Tokimune (Japan)
C4-Afonso (Kongo)
C5-???? someone wearing some sort of hat, possibly has a beard

D1-Jadwiga (Poland)
D2-Trajan (Rome)
D3-Peter the Great (Russia)
D4-Tomyris (Scythia)???? not fully convinced this is her, seems like a random choice for an official civ, plus do we even know the Scythian language :confused:
D5-Isabella (Spain)

E1-possibly a misplaced Henry IV (France), leader looks male and European
E2-Gilgamesh (Sumer)

My hopes for a Southeast Asian civ at release is getting dimmer and dimmer :(

Gilgamesh looks more a Viking leader.

And no Persia???!!! WTF?

This is ridiculous, how can they omit one of the greatest civilizations in world history?

First the Achaemenid Empire, the largest empire the world had yet seen, followed by the Great Parthian and Sassanid Empire.

Oh and they put Gandhi in again, how terribly disappointing.

There's a good chance C5 is Persia. I know it was identified as Genghis early on but it looks more like a Persian frieze to me as someone else pointed out.

Lol, no Southeast Asian civilization?

I find that really strange too.
E1 could alphabetically be Srivijaya, but the picture looks like a post renaissance painting of some European dude.

My hopes for a Southeast Asian civ at release is getting dimmer and dimmer
Mine too, I just won't buy the game if that's the case. I refuse to.

Not Sweden unless they can't seem to put Sweden and Sumeria in alphabetical order.

Either there are two spains, Portugal is way out of order, or Sweden and Sumeria are out of order.

Or of course, we're wrong somewhere. But the Alphabetical order is entirely spot on until you get to "isabella" and "Philip II".

But you have to admit that it would be kind of awesome, heh.

I wouldn't mind if it were a red herring if it were really trollish, i.e. be missing Rome or France or Germany but have Canada, Australia, Israel* instead. But of course, the fact that this is actually a plausible list increases the herring potential :mischief:

* - not wanting to offend anyone from these nations by suggesting they don't deserve to be in vanilla Civ, but you have to admit it would be surprising to see all of them in the base version of the game.

Either there are two spains, Portugal is way out of order, or Sweden and Sumeria are out of order.

Or of course, we're wrong somewhere. But the Alphabetical order is entirely spot on until you get to "isabella" and "Philip II".
Portugal isn't out of order, Isabella of Portugal was never queen of Portugal.

Naturally they could just made a simple mistake and assumed W come before U.

Sweden seems however to be a unlikely candidate.

To clear the doubt, Isabel of that talking is NOT Isabel the catholic.
It is saying that the image is much like a picture of the wife of Carlos I of Spain, which is also called Isabel.

Mine too, I just won't buy the game if that's the case. I refuse to.

I just hope this isn't the finalized list of Leaders for the Civ6 vanilla and 4 DLCs

Top Bottom